Air-fried chicken pizza roll is a wonderfully tasty, convenient, and easy meal. These golden brown, flavorful rolls are the ideal snack, lunch, or dinner as they are crispy.
I adore how an air fryer elevates pizza rolls to the next level, turning them into an appetizer suitable for entertaining guests rather than just a daily nibble!
They bake in less than 10 minutes and come out even crispier than when baked in the oven, I swear! When you’re craving something warm, air-fried pizza rolls are the ideal after-school snack or quick meal.
They are flawlessly golden brown after being cooked in the air fryer. For pizza night, try this simple recipe. Simple ingredients are used to create remarkable results.
In a pizza roll, the protein-rich chicken can help you manage your weight and reduce your chance of developing heart disease.
What Are Pizza Rolls?
Pizza rolls are a tasty frozen snack made from sauce and other fillings wrapped in an egg roll/ wonton wrapper, sold in the USA.
You can make your pizza rolls at home by utilizing wonton wrappers, pizza sauce, mozzarella, and other ingredients. Pizza rolls are fantastic on their own, but adding butter, cheese, bell pepper, and olives gives them a little extra flavor.
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1 tbsp. Garlic
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1/4 cup Corn
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp. Black Olives
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Egg roll sheets
Step 1: Heat the pan and add oil, garlic, onion, corn, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black olives, and cook for two minutes, Now the filling mixture is ready, add cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture.
Step 2: Take egg roll sheets, and put 1 tbsp. the mixture on the sheet and wrap it tightly by stretching the sheet, and fold the edges to the inside to prevent leakage. At the last edge of the sheet, add flour puree (2 tbsp. all-purpose flour in 1/2 cup of water) to seal the roll tightly.
Step 3: Preheat the air fryer, brush the try of the air fryer with oil, place the prepared roll on a tray and again brush the roll on the top side, and heat the air fryer at 200 degrees for 15 minutes
Note: The given measurements are mere approximations. You can need more or less sauce, cheese, or chicken depending on the size and your preferences.
- Every air fryer cooks food differently. Make frequent checks to see if your pizza roll is cooked.
- It’s simple to alter this recipe. Want some more sauce? Add additional sauce?
- Spray olive oil on the pizza rolls before air frying them for extra crispy results.
- Before placing the chicken on the sheet, it should also be fully cooked.
- More sauce shouldn’t be added to the roll-ups, in my opinion. They demolish and lose their ability to maintain a circular shape.
For How Long Can You Cook Pizza Rolls In An Air Fryer?
They will rupture during cooking and spill the filling into your air fryer pan if you cook them long enough to be thoroughly cooked and crispy but not long enough for them to break.
Therefore, bake pizza rolls for 15 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for flawlessly crispy pizza rolls. You might need to cook your rolls for less or more time, depending on the air fryer type you use.
Expect cook time to be closer to 5 minutes if you use a powerful air fryers brand like Philips, Nuwave, or Ninja Food. A weaker model will require more time.
How Long Do You Put Frozen Pizza Rolls In The Air Fryer?
Set the air fryer’s temperature to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer for 6 minutes.
Depending on the size of your air fryer basket, add 25–40 frozen pizza rolls in a single layer to the basket. To ensure consistent cooking, shake the basket halfway during the three-minute cooking time.
Serving size: 1 (432g)
Total Calories: 838
|Total fat 38g||58%|
|Saturated fat 9g||45%|
What kind of pizza rolls can I use for this recipe?
For these air fryer chicken pizza rolls, you can use any pizza roll flavor you choose! The Totino’s rolls with pepperoni and triple cheese are my favorites.
Alternatively, you may use Annie’s Pizza Poppers or Amy’s Vegan Cheese Pizza Snacks for a vegan option.
Why do pizza rolls explode?
The liquid starts to boil and expand, causing the pizza rolls to explode. However, once you know how long to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, this problem can be resolved.
It means that even though we are only frying the rolls for 15 minutes, the air fryer will turn them golden and crispy. They will be so tasty when you check on them after 4 minutes to see how they are doing.
How can we store and reheat Pizza rolls?
Pizza rolls can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container and used within three days.
These pizza rolls can be warmed by air-frying them in the air fryer for about 2 minutes. However, they won’t be as crispy as if you reheat them in the air fryer if you do so.
You can reheat them in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds on high but they would not be as crispy as in an air fryer.
What can be served with Pizza rolls?
When the pizza rolls are cooked to your preferences, serve them with your preferred dipping sauce. Although ranch dressing or sour cream are other excellent choices, I like simple tomato ketchup or barbecue sauce.
A simple side salad and some steamed broccoli would be a great addition. We also like to pair this with fresh fruit to end with a delicious sweet treat.
How to dress up pizza rolls?
If you are searching for some ideas for how to dress up pizza rolls, you can try the following:
- When they have just come out of the air fryer and are still hot, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Add a sprinkle of bacon or diced pepperoni.
- Serve them as nachos topped with tomato salsa, sour cream, chili, and shredded cheese.
- Put some pesto on top.
- Put cheese and marinara sauce on a tortilla or serve in a bun.
How to make pizza rolls extra crispy?
Make sure the pizza rolls are crispy on both sides, with a golden finish.
- For super crispy rolls, add a spritz or two of olive oil before cooking.
- If they aren’t golden and crispy, you can add one or two extra minutes.
- Once the pizza rolls are cooking in the air fryer, remove them and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Pizza rolls are a tasty frozen snack made from fillings wrapped in an egg roll and different sauces.
- For super crispy rolls, add a bit of olive oil and one or two extra minutes.
- Set the air fryer’s temperature to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer for 6 minutes.
- When the pizza rolls are cooked to your preferences, serve them with your preferred dipping sauce.
- Expect cook time to be closer to 5 minutes if you use a powerful air fryer brand.
- Make sure the pizza rolls are crispy on both sides, with a golden finish.