When you are hit with a pizza craving, make it at home instead of ordering it from a local pizza shop. You can make mini pizzas in the air fryer in no time.
The best thing is you can choose your favorite toppings and customized pizza flavor. They are healthy and delicious. Involve your family in the mini pizza-making process and enjoy quality family time.
Today. I’ll be sharing the easiest recipe for making air-fried Mini Pizzas. You’ll get the answer for some of the frequently asked queries too.
Let’s get started!
Why Will You Enjoy These Mini Pizzas?
This Air Fryer pizza recipe is perfect for your next pizza night when you don’t want to go out.
Furthermore, these little pizzas are free of fat, making them a far better option than ordering pizza from a restaurant.
Finally, these Air Fryer Mini Pizzas are fantastic for birthday parties, sleepovers, or any other event where you want to please a large number of people!
Furthermore, these little pizzas make an excellent after-school snack for your children that you can prepare ahead of time.
Here’s a list of ingredients and the quantities needed to make delicious air-fryer pizzas.
- Pizza dough: 1 packet (or make the dough at home)
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp.
- Grand’s biscuits
- All-purpose flour for rolling: 1/2 cup
- Marinara Sauce or pizza sauce: 1 to 2 cups
- Freshly shredded mozzarella cheese: 1 to 2 cups
- Cooked sausages or Chicken tenders: 100g
- Melted butter: 2 tablespoons
- Dried parsley: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
How to Cook Air-Fried Mini Pizza?
Step 1: Preparing the dough: Open the packet of biscuits and divide each biscuit into two layers. Sprinkle some flour on the cutting board and place the biscuits on it. After that, make a 4-inch disc of dough out of each piece.
Step 2: Pizza dough with marinara sauce: Add 2 tbsp of marinara or pizza sauce on top of each piece of dough. Pepperoni and sausage are excellent for small biscuit pizzas. Then add the shredded mozzarella cheese to it.
Step 4: Into the Air Fryer: Place 2–3 pizzas into the air fryer basket at a time. Leave enough space between them to ensure even cooking. Cook for 5 minutes at 400F or until they turn golden brown. Then add the remaining toppings and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve: Once ready, take the pizzas from the air fryer and place them on a wire rack to prevent any sogginess. Repeat the process for the second batch. Serve right away with ketchup or barbecue sauce.
Air Fried Mini Pizza with Canned Biscuits
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour on a cutting board. Place the dough on it. Cut the dough into 12 rounds using a cookie cutter. You can use a pizza cutter to make square pizzas.
- Lightly brush them with olive oil and air fry them for 5 minutes at 400F. (You can continue with the rest of the instructions already given or look for the ones below.)
- Combine parsley, garlic powder, and melted butter in a small bowl. Brush this butter sauce onto the cooked pizza dough. Then add 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese.
- Add your favorite toppings. Then air fry it at 375°F for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once ready, let it cool for 5 minutes, and then serve with chili garlic sauce or tomato ketchup!
Check out the video about how to cook the perfect mini pizza in the air fryer:
Benefits of Making Air Fryer Mini Pizzas
- These air fryer mini pizzas are healthier than oven-cooked pizzas because they use less oil and are non-greasy.
- These air Fryer mini pizzas are fantastic for after-school lunch, dinner, birthday parties, midnight snacks, or any other event when you want to impress a large crowd!
- You can repair these ahead of time and avoid any hassle at the last moment.
- Air-frying frozen pizzas make them delicious and crispy, with a delectable crust.
- You don’t have to wait for the oven to heat up before reheating the frozen pizza.
- Air fryers cook frozen pizzas within 5 minutes without the mess and give you a crispy crust with a delicious topping.
Tips & Suggestions For Biscuit Pizzas
- Don’t roll the biscuits into a very thin crust, as putting them in the air fryer will be difficult. Therefore, cut them in half to get the optimal thickness for the crust. A whole biscuit will be left uncooked.
- If possible, substitute packaged mozzarella for freshly prepared cheese. You’ll be able to melt it more easily, and it contains less oil than the packet one.
- Test out your air fryer before making mini pizzas in it. Most of the time, you get crispier pizzas at 400 F within 5 minutes.
- Spritz olive oil into the air fryer’s basket to prevent the dough from sticking. The non-sticking spray will damage your air fryer’s pan.
- You can use leftover onions and vegetables, chicken chunks, ham, or ground beef to top the pizzas. Add basil or parsley for an aesthetic boost.
- Use fewer toppings for small pizzas. Don’t over-pack the dough, or it will become soggy.
Other Topping Ideas
Choose your favorite toppings for these mini air fryer pizzas. You might like to add the following:
- Fresh basil, parsley, and tomato
- Spinach peppers
- Dark olives
- Minced beef, grilled chicken, diced ham
- Grilled garlic and mushrooms
- Seasoned sausages
- Arugula and broccoli
- Blue cheese or Feta cheese
- Pesto sauce instead of pizza or marinara sauce.
Key points for the recipe
- This recipe uses a 5.8-quart Cosori air fryer. You need to modify the time, temperature, or batch size according to the model and size of your air fryer. Smaller air fryers make fewer pizzas in a single cooking session.
- Preheat your air fryer to get the most effective results.
- You can place a trivet or air fryer rack over the pizzas. This is if you discover that the force of air circulation is causing your cheese or other toppings to fly in the air fryer.
- You can use parchment paper by cutting it to the size of your pan.
- The tomatoes are typically added on top of the cheese. They make your dough soggy if added at the bottom.
- You can use flatbread or mini-Boboli crusts in place of pizza crusts for this recipe.
There is almost 635 kcal in a single air-fried mini pizza. This table lists the nutrients in a nut:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should we air fry frozen mini pizzas?
First of all, place the pizza in the air fryer basket. Then, air fry for 6 to 10 minutes at 380°F (195°C) or until you get the desired color and crispiness. Thin-crust pizzas cook more quickly, while deep-dish pizzas take longer. Let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Is it safe to make pizza in an air fryer?
You must be careful when using an air fryer for baking mini pizzas. Don’t exceed the time and temperature specified. It’ll ruin your food and the air fryer as well.
Just follow these instructions carefully. Preheating is important. Don’t forget to preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking pizza.
Is it better to cook pizza in an air fryer than in a microwave?
Microwave pizzas are okay but not great! They can make the crust mushy or soggy. The air fryer prevents this!
Air-fried leftover pizza tastes the same as the first day because it keeps the crust crispy. You can air-fry any pizza and get the same crispiness as a fresh one.
How Can I Cut the Net Carbohydrates in This Recipe?
The cauliflower crust is an excellent way to cut the carbs in this recipe. Use cookie cutters to cut the crust for small cauliflower pizzas.
Because dietary calories comprise protein, fat, and carbs, it’s easy to deduce that the one with more protein and fat will have lower sugar levels. As a result, adding low-fat cheese to pizza results in a considerably larger carbohydrate content than you anticipated.
To conclude, I’d like to mention that;
- Air fryer mini pizzas are a convenient dish for dinners and after-school snacks for your kids. They are baked at 400 degrees in just 4 minutes. To cook them quickly, you’ve to premade pizza biscuits or get some ready-to-use pizza dough.
- The biggest advantage of making homemade pizzas is having your favorite toppings. The preferred toppings are pepperoni, ham, mozzarella cheese, cooked chicken, and ground beef. Add olives and vegetables on top to add extra flavor.
- Don’t forget to place the tomatoes on top of the cheese. Your pizza will be crisper and less soggy this way!
- Air fryers are better for preparing frozen pizzas and reheating leftovers.
- Try these homemade mini pizzas and enjoy them comfortably and efficiently whenever you want!