Zucchini fritters are one of the best air-fried dishes. They have a crisp exterior and a soft interior. You can sprinkle it with mint or a creamy top to give it extra flavor.
You can have them for lunch or dinner. They make an excellent filling meal and a great way to add some vegetables to your diet.
Let’s get to the recipe right away!
Can You Cook Fritters In An Air Fryer?
Using a cookie scoop, place the fritters in the bottom of the air fryer basket.
Cook for 5 minutes in a preheated fryer. Cook until brown on the other side, about 5 minutes more.
With the help of an air fryer, you can make these delicious apple fritters in just 30 minutes! If preferred, you may top it with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe comprises the following ingredients:
Two zucchini, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 egg, 0.5 cup of flour, 2 tablespoons chopped chives, 1 tsp. salt & 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions for Cooking
To cook these amazing Zucchini fritters, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Step 1-Use a grater with an extensive set of teeth to shred zucchini. Place the zucchini in the center of a piece of cheesecloth, wrap it, and press to extract as much liquid as possible. Alternatively, you can put the zucchini, salt, and a large colander in the sink for ten minutes to drain.
- Step 2: In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, flour, chives, pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir them thoroughly. Then divide the mixture into 8 patties. Roll each part into balls using greased hands. It will be a very moist batter.
- Step 3: Put approximately 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs on a plate. Dip the fritters gently in the breadcrumbs to thoroughly coat all surfaces. Continue working with the remaining batter. Pat the fritters lightly to remove any extra bread crumbs. You can also store the form in the freezer for a few minutes. (optional)
- Step 4: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 5: Air-fried the zucchini fritters in two batches for about 15 minutes each. Flipping after 5–10 minutes is necessary to have a golden brown texture.
Place them on a plate, garnish them with some mint leaves and add a tablespoon of cream cheese.
1 serving of this recipe contains almost 222 calories. Here’s a list of the major nutrients in one serving of air-fried zucchini fritters.
Note: People with any medical condition, such as high cholesterol levels, should go for gluten-free flour for zucchini fritters.
Zucchini fritters can be served with cream cheese or ranch dressing as a dipping sauce. Or add some hot sauce in dipping for a zest flavor. Besides these, you can serve the zucchini fritters with the following:
- Marinara sauce
- Grilled lemon salmon.
- Tomato Salsa.
- Garlic Yogurt Sauce.
- Jalapeno Dip.
- Guacamole and tzatziki sauce.
For additional information, check out the video below:
What Kind of Oil is Ideal for Making Air-Fried Fritters?
Canola, vegetable, and peanut oils are generally preferred since they have a mild flavor and can resist high heat. Cottonseed, grapeseed, and sunflower oil also work best. Although the flavors of these oils are a little more robust than others, these oils are still excellent options.
One of the most crucial steps in producing simple fritters is maintaining an equal temperature in the oil throughout the cooking process.
If a digital deep fryer is not accessible, a cooking thermometer can be used to check the temperature of the oil. Many thermometers come with clips to keep them in the basket during cooking.
Making the fritters in tiny batches will help to maintain the oil’s temperature and prevent the fritters from sticking to one another.
Benefits Of Eating Raw Zucchini
Some vegetables are extremely beneficial when eaten raw. Zucchini offers nutritional value as well.
- Eating zucchini with the skin benefits the carotenoid content in your body. It enhances the immune system and lowers the risk of diseases. It also reduces the risk of eye, heart, and cancer sickness.
- Zucchini contains a lot of potassium in its outer covering. It’s beneficial for your health as your body requires a lot of potassium for kidney and heart function, muscular contraction, and nerve transmission.
- There is also a significant amount of vitamin C present in this vegetable. Vitamin C serves as an antioxidant. It is essential for the production of collagen, which is a component of connective tissue. This has a huge impact on how quickly wounds heal.
- In addition, vitamin C may help prevent or postpone the development of tumors, therefore preventing cancer.
- Zucchini is also low in calories yet abundant in water and fiber. It can help you control your calorie intake while making you feel full for longer.
Cons of Raw Zucchini
Although it is safe to consume raw zucchini, there are a few possible risks.
Occasionally, raw zucchini is bitter! This can be a sign of excessive cucurbitacin concentrations, which are potentially hazardous chemicals found in several plants.
Some individuals are also allergic to squashes like zucchini. It’s a rare condition, and the exact cause of this allergy in certain people is unknown.
It may be wise to stay away from zucchini if you’ve had adverse reactions to other squashes. In case of any adverse allergy, consult your doctor as soon as possible!
How to Prevent Zucchini Fritters from Getting Soggy?
Air-fried zucchini fritters have a crispy exterior. It will have the same consistency as a fried fritter due to the hot air that flows around it. The most common reason your fritters turn soggy is using too much batter.
Moreover, if you have not extracted the water from your zucchini before making the batter, it will drain during cooking. The watery batter prevents the fritters from crisping up.
You can use a tbsp of cornflour in your mixture to thicken its consistency. A thick batter will end up more crispy and tasty.
Why Do My Zucchini Fritters Keep Crumbling?
Zucchini fritters crumble, probably because the batter was too moist or the fritters were clinging to the griddle. It tends to break in the air fryer and cause a lot of mess.
To avoid it, use cheese, two eggs, and panko bread crumbs as binders. Before making the batter, ensure your zucchini is completely dry so that the binding ingredients can keep the fritters together.
Fritters can also break if they become stuck to the pan while cooking. Use a non-stick frying pan if you want to avoid sticking. For best results, use enough oil while air frying with no frequent flipping.
How Long Can You Store the Zucchini Fritters?
You may keep them in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. You can reheat them in the oven, microwave, or a stovetop skillet. However, reheating will produce a soft texture rather than a crisp one.
They are simple to freeze. Spread the fritters in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash-freeze them individually. Then wrap them together in a plastic bag or bowl. You can store them in the freezer for 2 weeks maximum.
How To Reheat Fried Zucchini?
If you reheat leftovers in your air fryer, they will taste just as crispy as they did the night before.
Place the fritter in the air fryer basket with proper spacing between one another. Air fry them at 350-400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Just properly brush the basket with olive oil to avoid sticking. Finally, take out your crispy air-fried zucchini fritters once heated properly.
Is it Necessary to Peel Zucchini?
Zucchini doesn’t need to be peeled. You should keep the skin on since it contains significant nourishment.
It’s rich in vitamin c and nutrients that benefit hair and nails. However, the stem should be cut off to improve its texture. After giving the zucchini a thorough wash under cold water, cut off its stem.
What Goes Well With Zucchini Fritters?
They are typically served with sour cream or marinara sauce for dipping.
It’s great either way! Zucchini fritters can also be served on a slice of bread as a tasty veggie slider or veggie burger.
Pro Tips: Using cold water when creating the batter for your fritters can help keep them crispy. Because the batter is cold, the fritters will not hold as much oil, keeping them light and crispy.
To conclude, I’d say:
- Air-fried zucchini fritter is an easy-to-cook recipe. It takes 10 minutes to get ready at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It’s better to preheat the air fryer when reheating your frozen fritters.
- These fritters are ideal for lunchboxes as well as an evening snack.
- The fact that fritters freeze nicely and keep for up to three months in the deep freezer gives extra points to this dish.