Appetizers or quick snacks are the perfect starters for every gathering, whether you are out with your family and friends or hosting a party for the next big ball game. The simple appetizers are the show-stoppers and can satisfy your loved ones in no time.
If you are a procrastinator or have just thrown a last-minute party for your friends and are stressed out that you haven’t even started the meal, then the appetizers will help you out by distracting the guests while you work on the main course. They take a quarter of an hour to make and require no hassle to work for, all while making them in an air fryer is what you need to do to do the work just in time.
Whether you have 10 minutes or an hour to put some food on the table, here are some of the simplest recipes that require little to no cooking. If you are really under pressure, then you need to look up these recipes that will be your lifesaver.
AIR FRYER COCONUT SHRIMP
- Uncooked shrimp
- Sweetened coconut (shredded)
- Panko bread crumbs
- Hot sauce
- Egg whites
- All-purpose flour
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in. In a second bowl, mix the coconut flakes and bread crumbs, while the third bowl or dish will have all-purpose flour in it.
- Dip the deveined shrimp in the flour and shake off the excess. Then it goes into the bread crumbs mixture to help the coatings stick to the shrimp.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil spray the shrimp lightly and place them into the fryer basket in a single layer for 4 minutes. Turn the shrimp’s side and cook for 4 more minutes until the coconut flakes are golden brown and the shrimp are pink in color.
- Serve them hot with your favorite sauce.
If you’re looking for more details, then head over to this recipe of Air-Fried Shrimp (For Seafood Lovers)
AIR FRYER THREE CHEESE-STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- White cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Cut and clean the mushrooms to prepare them for cooking. Make the space by cutting a deep circle where there was a stem so that it holds enough stuffing.
- Place the cream in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften, then add all three shredded kinds of cheese, pepper, salt, garlic, and your favorite sauce to a medium bowl, and stir everything until it is combined properly.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer, giving enough space between the mushrooms.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees and then place the basket inside it. Cook for 8 minutes or until the stuffed cheese is melted.
- Allow the mushrooms to cool before serving them with the sauce or alone.
Air Fryer Onion Rings
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
- Slice the onion into 1/4-inch strips, remove the center, and then separate the slices into individual rings.
- Place the onion rings into a large bowl or Ziploc bag, then add a cup of flour to it; toss or shake the ziplock bag so that the flour coats each of them.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, baking powder, and half a cup of all-purpose flour. Add the bread crumbs and salt to another bowl. Dip each flour-coated onion ring first into the egg mixture and then into the bread mixture until coated properly.
- On the parchment paper, place the onion rings until the basket is full. Give some space in between the rings and don’t stack or overlap them.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 Fahrenheit, and cook the onion rings for 6–8 minutes, or until the outer layer is golden brown and feels crispy and crunchy.
For more guidance, you can also watch the following video:
AIR FRYER BACON-WRAPPED AVOCADO WEDGES
- Riped Avocaodes
- Bacon strips
- Siracha chili sauce
- Lime zest
- Lime juice
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the avocado and cut it in half, removing the pit. Cut the half avocado into thirds and wrap 1 piece of bacon around each avocado wedge.
- Place the wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket, working in batches. Cook the bacon-wrapped wedges for 10-15 minutes until the bacon is sizzling and cooked through.
- While the bacon is cooking, stir together mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, lime zest, and juice in a small bowl for the sauce. Serve the wedges hot with sauce.
PIGS IN AN AIR FRYER BASKET
- 1 pack of canned crescent roll
- 1 pack of little smokies or sausages
- Melted butter
- Unroll the crescent rolls pack and tear them on the perforated lines; take one triangle and divide it into thirds on its original size.
- Place a little ham or sausage at the end of the small triangle and roll it tightly till the croissant tips. Do these steps till you have used all your crescent rolls.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, brush the croissant-rolled sausages with melted butter.
- Put the pigs in a blanket in your air fryer basket, leaving little room to allow for even cooking.
- Cook them in batches for 4-6 minutes, until the crescent is puffed brown and crusty.
ZUCCHINI PIZZA FRITTERS
- Potato (peeled)
- Large egg
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- All-purpose flour
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Together, coarsely grate the zucchini, onion, and potato. Place the grated vegetables in a cheesecloth or a clean tea towel; bring up the corners and squeeze out any liquid from the vegetables.
- Transfer them to a bowl and stir in the egg, parmesan cheese, flour, garlic and onion powder, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper; form the mixture into 1/4-cup patties.
- Place the patties in a single layer on parchment or baking paper with a little bit of sprayed oil on them.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until crispy brown and serve it with your favorite sauce or just the ranch dressing.
AIR FRYER NACHOS
- Nacho chips
- Chicken fajita meat
- Cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- Shredded cheese
- Jalapeno (sliced)
- Black olives
- On the parchment or baking paper in the air fryer basket, layer the nacho chips at the bottom.
- Top each nacho chip with fajita meat, shredded cheese, sliced tomatoes, and jalapenos.
- Cook the nachos at 320 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes. Check on them for the last 2 minutes, ensuring that the cheese is melted and the corners of the nacho chips are light golden brown.
- Remove the nachos carefully from the air fryer and serve them on the platter.
- You can add your favorite toppings, such as a sour cream dollop, sliced black olives, sliced avocadoes, or even salsa.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Bacon strip
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and rinse them properly.
- Make small slices of cream cheese into strips and place each strip inside each cleaned half piece of pepper.
- Wrap the bacon strips around the stuffed pepper and secure it with the toothpick.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit and place each jalapeno in the basket, ensuring there is room for hot air to revolve around and cook evenly.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until the bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness and the jalapeno looks a little tender.
AIR FRYER BREAD PIZZA
- Bread loaf (Italian or french)
- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Marinara sauce
- Italiano seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Slice your French loaf into half and then lengthwise, giving you 4 pieces, or cut the loaf according to your desired size to fit in the basket.
- Once the air fryer is heated, fry two or three pieces of bread for two minutes in the air fryer basket. This is to make the bread crisp and not get soggy when you put the marinara sauce on it.
- Carefully take out the bread pieces and add the pepperoni to them. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning on the sauce and top it off with the shredded cheese.
- Turn off your air fryer and place pepperoni slices on the bread. Then close the air fryer for about 1 minute so that the pepperoni melts on the cheese.
- Remove the pizza bread from the air fryer and allow it to cool down, then enjoy.
CALORIES IN THE ABOVE RECIPES
|Three cheese mushrooms
|Bacon-wrapped avocado wedges
|Pigs in a basket
Why Should I Utilize My Air Fryer to Cook Appetizers?
Air fryers are great for crisping up almost any food. Even frozen foods come out crisper and less dried out than in a traditional oven.
Air fryer food is also cooked without or with very little oil, presenting it as much healthier than deep-fried food.
A larger air fryer, such as the Cosori 5.8QT (which I use) or the Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven, allows you to cook more food than a smaller air fryer. Using a rack, you can even cook two appetizers at the same time!
What Foods Should Not Be Cooked In An Air Fryer?
A few things you should probably avoid cooking in an air fryer.
- Battered foods
- Fresh greens
- Whole roasts
- Raw grains
- With appetizers and an air fryer, life is so easy and feels like a breeze. They make all the work done in just minutes without mess or any hassle giving you time to focus on the main course.
- Next time, when inviting your family and friends over, doubt forget to use the precious air fryer and the easy recipes told above so that you can satisfy the cravings of your loved ones and yours too.
- These recipes are gems for the spooky Christmas season around the corner, easy recipes mean easy cleaning and no-effort cooking applause for you, these recipes, and an air fryer.