Chicken is filled with high-quality proteins and doesn’t contain much fat, chicken can help with weight management and reduce the risk of heart disease.
With just one easy trick, you can turn your chicken breast into a juicy, adaptable protein that’s great to have on hand for quick, nutritious meals throughout the week.
Air fryer Chicken Parmesan is loved for its crispy outside with less fat and lower calories. Air fryers provide an alternative for reheating meals without the sogginess brought on by a microwave, and they produce less mess and waste than deep frying.
Is Air Fried Food healthy?
The distinctive color and flavor of the deep-frying procedure can be achieved with air frying. It also lowers the number of polar molecules and oil content. This is the reason why deep-frying is not as “healthy” as using an air fryer.
Reasons to love this amazing recipe
- It only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- Simple, healthful dinner that can be made any day of the week.
- There are only a few simple components needed.
- It’s crunchy and flavorful.
- It tastes just like conventional chicken Parmesan without the oil and frying.
- 4 pieces of chicken: boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper: freshly ground
- 1/3 cup. all-purpose flour
- 2. large eggs: well whisked
- 1 cup. panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup. parmesan: freshly grated
- 1 tsp. oregano: dried
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes: crushed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup. marinara sauce: fresh
- 1 cup. mozzarella cheese: shredded, creamy
- 1 tbsp. parsley for garnishing
Step 1: First make a flour mixture by adding salt and black pepper to the flour and giving a good mix.
Step 2: Prepare Panko bread mixture: take a cup of panko bread, Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, and chili flakes and give a quick mix.
Step 3: Take a bowl and whisk eggs well.
Step 4: Take chicken breasts and slice them to make them thinner.
Step 5: Dust these chicken breasts in the flour mix and gave a thin layer of flour coating take off the extra flour, then dip well into the egg bowl and at last, coat in the panko bread mix. Place in the basket of the air fryer.
Step 6: Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees and cook them at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip them after 5 minutes.
Step 7: Make topping: Top each chicken piece with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese as much as you like. Cook again at 400 degrees for additional 4 minutes.
Note: Your chicken pieces will cook through more readily the thinner they are. Use a meat tenderizer to flatten your slices if you are unable to get them thin enough.
Here’s a video that can help you prepare Parmesan Chicken in an air fryer:
The following points must be considered for the perfect air fryer chicken parmesan.
- Each boneless breast should be cut in half horizontally. For even cooking, each slice should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- The crunchy, brown breading is the greatest component of chicken Parmesan. For optimal crispness, use panko breadcrumbs, and add some grated Parmesan cheese to enhance the flavor.
- Several toothpicks should be used to hold each piece of mozzarella cheese in place so that it doesn’t fall off.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
How long does it take to cook chicken in the air fryer?
The size of your chicken breasts will determine how long it takes to cook chicken in an air fryer.
- Small breasts: (7 to 10 minutes)
- Medium breasts: (10 to 12 minutes)
- Large breasts: (12 to 16 minutes)
To ensure that the chicken cooks evenly, you do need to flip it halfway through.
How to make breading stick to the chicken?
It’s easier than you might think to get the bread coating to stick to cooked chicken.
Drying the chicken’s surface and then creating a glue-like surface with a flour and egg mixture are the keys to making the breading stick.
Pat the meat dry all over with a paper towel. The flour will become soggy from too much moisture and won’t stick to the chicken well. Don’t forget to shake off any leftover flour from the chicken.
As a result, breadcrumbs stick to the surface and form a crispy exterior that preserves the moisture of the meat. The texture of breading that adheres to the chicken is comparable to that of fried chicken, but it contains less fat and calories.
How do you make chicken slices?
Although you can buy cutlets at most supermarkets, making your own is just as simple.
- Start with a chicken breast that is the full size.
- It should be laid out flat on a cutting board. Your preferred cutting hand should be used to hold the knife.
- Press the chicken flat with the other hand.
- Carefully cut the chicken breast in half horizontally, keeping your knife parallel to the cutting surface and level.
What can be served as a side dish with Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan?
You have plenty of time to prepare a side dish to go with this quick and simple Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan! Serve it alongside some of these side dishes:
- Simple steamed vegetables
- Zucchini noodles
I like to keep things simple by serving it with vegetables and a salad, but others like to eat it with pasta.
You can easily store chicken breasts in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You can reheat the chicken in an oven or air fryer set to 350 degrees F.
For up to 3 months, you can freeze leftovers in an airtight freezer-safe storage container. Before reheating, let it defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
Can we use frozen chicken breast?
Yes, you can put raw frozen chicken in the air fryer!
Air fryer instructions for cooking frozen chicken breast:
- Set the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Olive oil and any additional seasonings should be drizzled over the chicken.
- Air fry the chicken for 18 to 20 minutes, flipping it once halfway through, in a nonstick-coated air fryer basket.
Is it necessary to flip the chicken in the air fryer?
I flip it over to ensure that the backside is crisp and uniformly done.
Always turn, spin, or shake the contents of the basket to keep it crisp (just like flipping french fries, fish fillets, or homemade chicken strips halfway through cooking). You may also check the status of your selected meal by opening the fryer at any time.
What size chicken pieces are cooked for this recipe?
My chicken breasts weighed between 7 and 8 oz.
If you have thicker pieces of chicken, butterfly them to ensure they cook properly. I’ve also fried thinner pieces of chicken, which don’t require as much cooking time.
- Air fryer Chicken Parmesan is loved as it’s crispy with less fat and lower calories.
- With just one easy trick, you can turn your chicken breast into a juicy, adaptable protein.
- Use thinner slices for better results.
- It can be served alongside some simple favorite side dishes.
- Chicken can help with weight management and reduce the risk of heart disease.