Have you ever heard of magic in a basket? I bet you haven’t, but what if I tell you the air fryer fits my statement?
An air fryer is an appliance that can do it all. It makes cooking convenient and a breeze for you.
However, if you need immediate food, frozen foods in an air fryer will get you back on track. You can cook everything from mozzarella sticks to pizza rolls or just chicken nuggets with shoestring fries, without worrying about thawing them first.
Frozen foods are great appetizers and you can put them into an air fryer basket directly without worrying. This will make no mess and will give you scrumptious and crispy food in no time to be served to you and your loved ones.
There are many brands of frozen foods, but whatever you choose will not only save you time and energy but will also give you high protein to stay healthy and in the right shape.
Here are some of the frozen foods that fit well with the workings of an air fryer with little instructions.
- Air-fried egg rolls
- Air fryer tater tots
- Air fryer chicken nuggets
- Crispy honey chicken
- Potato skins
- Meatball skewers
- Bagel bites
- Mozzarella sticks
- Pizza rolls
- Corn dogs
- Pot pie
- Steak fries
AIR-FRIED EGG ROLLS:
- Pick out how many frozen egg rolls you’d like to make.
- Place the egg rolls into the air fryer basket (no oil is needed until you prefer).
- At 390F or 199C temperature, air fry them for 6-8 minutes until the outer layer is crusty and brown.
Tater Tots OR Potato Croquettes:
- Place the frozen tater tots in the fryer basket in a single layer.
- Start the air fryer at 400 Fahrenheit or 200C and cook them for 13 to 15 minutes shaking the basket every 5 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
- You can cook them for 1 or 2 more minutes if you want more crispy croquettes.
- Serve them hot.
- Just a ketchup or bbq sauce works perfectly fine with it.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN NUGGETS:
- Take out the number of frozen nuggets you want from the freezer bag.
- Place the nuggets into an air fryer basket with or without parchment paper.
- Air fryer the frozen nuggets at 200 celsius or 400 Fahrenheit, but if you have used veggie nuggets your timing for them will be 6-8 minutes maximum.
- Cook them for the given time or until the outer layer is brown and crispy.
- Remove the nuggets from an air fryer and serve them hot with bbq or ranch sauce for extra flavor.
You don’t need a dozen liters of oil to air fry any frozen food; in fact, they are cooked perfectly without oil and give a crispy and crusty layer with a hazel-brown color.
AIR FRYER CRISPY HONEY CHICKEN:
- Transfer the frozen honey chicken into an air fryer basket with parchment paper or with an oven-safe dish that perfectly fits into the fryer basket.
- Set the temperature at 194 celsius or 380 Fahrenheit and cook for 9-10 minutes or until the chicken is tendered enough.
- Or check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to reach 165 F.
- Flip or toss the honey chicken halfway through the cooking time to cook them evenly.
- Serve it crispy over the cooked white rice.
Frozen potato skins in an air fryer:
- Take out the frozen potato skins and put them into an air fryer directly.
- Place the skins into an air fryer basket or tray with space in between each potato skin.
- Cook them at 185 Celsius or 370 Fahrenheit.
- Let them cook for 5-6 minutes until the edges turn brown and crusty.
- Remove the skins from the basket, plate them, and serve them.
Air fried Meatball skewers kabobs:
- Frozen meatballs ( cook them thoroughly)
- Bell papers (cubed)
- Pineapple habanero sauce
- Long skewers
- Take long skewers and thread the meatballs with the alteration of cubed peppers.
- Place the skewered meatballs in the air fryer basket filled with parchment or baking paper.
- Brush the habanero sauce on the skewered meatballs. Set the temperature at 400 F or 204 C and cook them for 4-5 mins.
- Pull the basket and cover them once more with sauce. Flip the skewers and do the same with another side.
- Put the fryer basket back and bake them for 5-6 more minutes till the peppers are charred and the meatballs are tendered and juicy.
Bagel bites in the air fryer:
- Decide the number of bagel bites you want to eat and put them in a single layer leaving some space between them.
- Air fry them in the basket for 5-6 minutes at 182 C or 360 F.
- During the 4th or 5th minute of cooking, have a check on them.
- See if they don’t feel doughy and are done; if not then continue cooking for 1 or 3 minutes.
- Take out the bagel bites and serve them hot.
Air-fried Mozarella sticks:
- Arrange the frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket without over-crowding them.
- Set the temperature to 360 F and cook them for 6-7 minutes.
- Shake the basket or flip the sticks carefully halfway through cooking.
- When the timing is completed, lightly press the tongs against the sticks. If they are golden and crispy /on the outside and soft on the inside then take them out.
- But if you feel like cooking it more then give it 1 or 2 minutes. Don’t cook them longer than 8 minutes or else the cheese stick will leak and would create a total mess.
You don’t need to thaw most of the frozen foods if you cook them in an air fryer.
AIR FRYER PIZZA ROLLS:
- Take out the number of pizza rolls you want to have from the package and put them in the air fryer basket directly.
- Start the air fryer at 198 C or 390 F and cook the rolls for 6-8 minutes. Make sure to shake the basket or flip them each with a tong midway through cooking time.
- Remove the crispy rolls and enjoy them hot.
AIR FRYER CORNDOGS (FROZEN)
- Line the corndogs in an air fryer basket with or without parchment paper.
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 194C or 380F and let them fry for 10-12 minutes or until the corndogs are crispier.
- Enjoy them with your favorite sauce.
FROZEN HAMBURGER PATTIES IN AIR FRYER:
- Place the hamburger patty in an air fryer basket without thawing it.
- At 176C or 350F, cook the patty for 8-10 minutes. Flip the patty at the 5-minute mark (midway through cooking) to make sure they are cooked evenly.
- To check if it’s done, insert the probe side of the meat thermometer in the patty and see if it reaches 165F. Then your hamburger patty is ready.
- Optional: When the patty is fried properly, turn down the temperature to 350F you can add a slice of cheese to it and let it cook for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- From the air fryer basket remove the patty and place it onto the bun, add preferred toppings and enjoy the juicy burger.
FROZEN POT PIE IN AIR FRYER:
- Take out pot pie from the packaging. Cover the pot pie top with aluminum foil.
- Start the air fryer at a temperature of 400F or 200C and let the pie cook for 20 mins. Carefully remove the foil from the pie and cook for another 5 mins to let the crust brown and crisp a little. (If it feels frozen, let it cook for another 5 mins with foil covered)
- Let the pot pie stand in the air fryer before you serve it hot.
If your pot pie is hard-rock frozen, then microwave it for 2-3 minutes to defrost before you follow the aforementioned instructions so that the pie is cooked fully.
AIR FRYER STEAK FRIES:
- Take out how many fries you want to cook in the fryer then place them into the basket or tray in a single layer.
- Air fry steak fries for 22-25 minutes at 380F or 137C degrees. Stir or shake the fries midway through cooking.
- Plate the fries and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and enjoy with your favorite dippings.
|Crispy honey chicken
|1120 calories (1 order)
Note: Nutritional value can change according to the brands you buy.
Why Should You Use an Air Fryer?
The air fryer contributes to healthier meals in a variety of ways.
The difference between air fryers and deep fryers is that air fryers use hot air and heat to cook instead of lots of oil, fats, and calories.
Air fryers typically take less time than conventional ovens and are a healthier way to prepare your favorite fried foods.
Tips For Cooking Air Frozen Foods
- Frozen foods should be kept frozen until ready to air fry.
- Before placing the frozen food in the air fryer basket, preheat the air fryer.
- To achieve the best results, do not overcrowd the basket and leave enough space around the food for air to circulate.
- Food that has been breaded and is bite-sized can be stacked.
- In general, breaded or battered foods do not require spraying, but other foods will most likely require oil spray.
- If you’re using aluminum foil or parchment paper, make sure it has holes to allow air to circulate.
- About halfway through the cooking time, turn the food or shake the basket.
- The frozen foods/appetizers cooked in the air fryer cook deliciously while saving your time and energy.
- You can cook crispy and scrumptious food with no oil and almost no mess.
- Air fryer cooking gives you benefits for your health and your mind too.
- Frozen foods are packed with protein and a lot of essential vitamins needed in our daily life.
- Air fryer cooking makes frozen food a breeze and most convenient whether it’s steak fries or a hamburger or just any frozen appetizer.