These Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups from the Air Fryer are the ideal way to start the day. There’s no reason to put off making this perfectly sweet breakfast recipe with only 6 simple ingredients!
Don’t miss out on this delicious treat if you’re looking for a way to use up your stale bread and make it a great addition to your mornings.
Who knew a slice of bread and a cinnamon-sugar mixture could be so delicious?! Great recipes, such as these Nutella French toast roll-ups, should not be overlooked.
can you make Nutella french toast rolls in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make Nutella French toast rolls in an air fryer very easily. All you have to do is follow the recipe and preheat your air fryer.
However, there can always be a trial and error for the first time. For more perfection, you have to keep a tab on the temperature and timing of your air fryer, so you don’t end up burning your rolls.
At What Time And Temperature Should I Cook My French Toast?
The temperature at which you can cook Nutella French toast is 360 degrees Fahrenheit. You must also preheat the air fryer. Preheating is also done at 360° F.
Cooking French toast roll-ups in an air fryer takes significantly less time. It only takes 6 minutes to cook roll-ups. If you cook them more, you might end up overcooking them.
what do you need to make Nutella french toast roll up?
I’m a sucker for a good french toast recipe. There’s something about those golden brown slices of bread that everyone in the family enjoys.
One of my favorite breakfast recipes is Nutella French toast roll-ups. Even though this isn’t traditional French toast, it’s made with everyday ingredients.
Making Nutella French toast is no big deal; here are some of the common ingredients that you need to make them:
- Bread: I recommend using box milk bread because it is easier to roll.
- Fresh eggs: These should always be used to make the batter for these delicious french toast roll-ups.
- Milk: You can use any milk to make this French toast. French toasts benefit from the addition of milk.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon will give these rolled French toasts a distinct flavor. If you don’t like cinnamon, you can substitute vanilla extract for it in the egg and milk mixture.
- Sugar: Very little sugar is used in the mixture to add sweetness.
- Nutella: I used Nutella chocolate spread for the filling, but you could also use fruit, jam, or peanut butter.
How to make Nutella french toast roll in an air fryer?
If you haven’t already, leave the bread out for 30 minutes to an hour to stale. You can leave the bread out overnight if you plan. Set aside the eggs and milk that have been whisked together.
- Set aside the cinnamon and sugar in a small dish.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices and flatten them with a glass or rolling pin.
- Spread a teaspoon of Nutella on one end of the flattened bread.
- Roll the bread up and dab a little Nutella on the end to help keep it closed and secure while cooking.
- Dip the french toast roll-ups in the egg mixture before rolling them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place the Nutella French Toast Rolls ups in the air fryer basket that has been preheated.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes at 360°F, flipping the roll-ups halfway through.
Can I make french toast rollup the night before?
Definitely! The French toast roll-ups can be made the night before. Complete the first few steps of slicing the crust, flattening the bread, spreading any filling, and rolling up the roll-ups. Then, place them in the refrigerator overnight after preparing them.
When you’re ready to make the roll-ups, dip them in the egg mixture and then in the cinnamon and sugar mixture before placing them in the air fryer, and voila.
how do I store Nutella french toast?
Storing them is easy, refrigerate any remaining Nutella Roll Ups in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in the Air Fryer and cook at 350°F for 1-3 minutes, or until heated through.
How can I prevent my Nutella french toast rolls from getting soggy?
This dessert is enhanced by the addition of Nutella. It adds a lot of sweetness and flavor to the entire dessert. The air fryer can prepare it quickly.
Do not soak the rolls in the egg for an extended period. Simply dip them and remove them once they are completely covered. Soaking them in an egg would result in watery roll-ups.
Make French toast roll-ups in an air fryer. The air fryer can perfectly heat the roll-ups so that they do not remain watery. That is why the best option is air fryer French toast roll-ups.
can I warm up my Nutella french toast in an air fryer?
Yes, you can easily warm up your Nutella French toast in an air fryer.
You must, however, set a specific temperature and time for reheating. Maintain a low temperature and heat the rolls for 2 minutes.
The French toast roll-ups would be warm, sweet, and delicious after reheating.
Nutrition in Nutella french toasts rolls up
Nutella french toasts are surreal when it comes to choosing them for a dessert. However, they have all the calories and carbs that you have been avoiding for a long time if you’re on a diet.
Now, let me make it more clear to you how that is possible, take a look at the table below:
|Value (1 serving)
Looking for additional ingredients for your stuffed french toast? Try substituting peanut butter or cream cheese with cinnamon sugar in place of the Nutella.
Recipe tips for better Nutella french toasts
- To avoid sticking, spray a little oil or use baking paper.
- To avoid sogginess, don’t soak the bread for too long.
- Remove the crust from the bread; this will make rolling it up easier. But don’t throw it away; I’ll explain how to reuse it below.
- Fresh bread will be easier to flatten and roll for this recipe.
- Warm up the air fryer.
- If the air fryer is not hot enough when the first rolls are placed in it, the egg mixture will expand and form a “foot” at the bottom of the French toast rolls.
- The batter will not have time to run when the air fryer is hot enough.
why should I use stale bread for french toast?
You can use freshly baked bread too, but a stale one is better at absorbing all the egg mixture than a freshly baked one.
You can also watch the following video tutorial for a detailed recipe
What Toppings Can You Add To Nutella French Toasts?
You can top this cinnamon-sugar bread with pretty much anything. You can even opt for fresh fruit and whipped cream, warm maple syrup, and a little chocolate or caramel sauce, which can do wonders for your taste buds.
There can always be some experimentation with food.
What Other Flavors Are There Apart From Nutella?
You can use almost anything like strawberries, blueberries, apples, peanut butter, and jelly, or simply leave them plain.
Another good Nutella substitute, this one has a good chocolate-to-hazelnut flavor ratio. A weird aftertaste may be observed, but other than that, this is a safe bet. It’s a little thicker and less creamy than the other alternatives, so try it if you favor that texture.
Can I Prepare The French Toast Roll-Ups The Evening Before?
The french toast roll-ups can be assembled the night before.
Simply complete the first few stages of slicing the crust, flattening the bread, spreading any filling, and wrapping up the roll-ups. Place them in the refrigerator overnight before preparing.
When you’re willing to make the roll-ups, dip them in the egg mixture and then in the cinnamon and sugar mixture before placing them in the air fryer.
- Making Nutella french toast for breakfast can sound like oozing. It’s easy and quick if you use an air fryer.
- For making Nutella french toast rolls you need six simple ingredients: Bread, cinnamon, milk, sugar, Nutella, and eggs.
- An air fryer can prepare your toast rollup in under 6 minutes, however, this time and temperature can vary depending o the brand and size of your air fryer.
- Nutella french toasts are not a good option if you’re following a diet, you will have to hit that gym pretty hard.
- You can avoid sticking the rolls in the air fryer by placing a parchment paper.
- Warming up these toasts is pretty easy, just place them in an air fryer for 2 minutes, and voila.
- French toasts can be topped with a variety of things, like cream, strawberries, maple syrup, caramel syrup, and chocolate sauce.