Christmas is all about sweets, candies, and desserts. Preparing delicious meals for your family is a ritual of these festivities.
This Christmas, we’ll try out some delicious desserts you can make in the air fryer. From Frech toast to air-fried cakes to lava peppermint cakes, you can find multiple recipes on the same page!
Let’s get to that right away!
What is an Air Fryer?
The air fryer is just a more powerful countertop convection oven that does not really fry your food. The compact gadget, patented by Philips Electronics Company, claims to replicate the results of deep-frying using just hot air and little or no oil.
This device has grown in popularity in recent years, with over 40% of U.S. houses owning one by July 2020, according to market research firm NPD Group. You can air-fry anything, from prepackaged chicken wings and handmade french fries to roasted veggies and fresh-baked cookies.
What Is the Function of an Air Fryer?
Air fryers cook by circulating hot air through a fan and a heating element.
That heated air is what swiftly cooks the items and gives them a fried flavor without the use of a deep fryer, which adds calories and bad fats.
The air fryer not only cooks quickly, but it also consumes fewer oils. You don’t need cups or quarts of oil; just enough to coat your recipe or coat the air fryer basket if necessary.
1. Air Fryer Cake
You can make moist, tasty cakes in the air fryer. Slice the cake and serve with your favorite icing. Air fryer cakes take less time to bake than in an ordinary oven. In addition to that, they don’t heat your kitchen. It’s fantastic!
You’ll need the following items to start with the recipe:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp of baking powder or 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 kosher salt spoon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 60 ml of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Directions for Cooking
Combine the ingredients: Take a small bowl and mix the dry ingredients.
Add eggs, butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla essence. Blend them for 2 minutes until a consistent batter is formed. Adding hot water will result in a thin batter. Therefore this is optional.
Preparing the air fryer basket: This recipe uses a 7-inch pan for baking cake. Lay parchment paper inside the pan after applying the baking spray.
Pour the batter: Once the pan is ready, pour the batter into the pan. Use a spatula to smoothen the top. After that, place the pan into the air fryer basket.
Bake: Cook for 25 minutes at 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Usually, the cake is ready within this time frame, but you need to check it with a toothpick test.
A toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean means the cake is ready. If the cake is still uncooked, bake it for additional 5 minutes. Then remove the pan and let it cool for a few minutes.
Serve: Turn the pan upside down or open it up to remove the cake. You can decorate with frosting, sprinkles, or chocolate chips!
Here’s a list of nutrients present in a single slice of air-fried cake:
- Calories: 269kcal
- Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 34g
- Protein: 3g
2. Brie & Cranberry Bonbons In The Air Fryer
Brie and cranberry-flavored bonbons are a delicious delight for your Christmas party. They add a lot more fun to the evening by being at your dessert table.
This gooey, melted cheese filling is a festive addition to your gatherings. An air fryer is a preferred device for preparing them.
You’ll need a few ingredients to make these melted cheese brie and cranberry bonbons.
- Brie cheese triple cream 200g
- 8 filo pastry sheets
- 125g of softened butter
- 1/4 cup of whole cranberries (85 g)
- 8 new chives
Directions for Cooking
Step 1: Cut the triple cream brie into eight slices of 1 cm each.
Step 2: Arrange the filo sheets on a clean surface and use a damp towel to cover them. It’ll prevent them from drying out. Brush the sheets with butter.
Step 4: Gently press a slice of brie into the cup with the help of a spoon or fingers. Add 1 teaspoon of cranberry sauce to the brie. Repeat the process with the remaining filo, brie, cranberry sauce, and butter for 8 bonbons.
Step 5: Place the cups on a baking sheet in the air fryer basket. Then, air fry at 300 degrees F for 3 to 5 minutes.
They’ll be done when they turn golden brown and crispy. Air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes for a perfectly cooked meal.
- Serve baked brie warm, straight out of the air fryer.
- Stir a tsp of white or brown sugar into the cranberry sauce and sprinkle it before baking.
- Use a sprig of fresh rosemary as a garnish or an appetizer to give seasonal color.
This video guides you on how to get the best results!
3. Air-Fried Finger French Toasts
Although we make French toast at the stove, air-fried French toast fingers are extremely crispy!
They are a spectacular breakfast delight for Christmas! The sweet, creamy sauce is drizzled on top, along with condensed milk.
To make these crispy French toasts, you’ll need the following:
- 1 loaf of unsliced white bread
- 8 eggs,
- 250ml or 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 60g of melted butter with condensed milk
- 60ml of pure cream
Directions for Cooking
- Use a serrated knife to cut the bread’s crust into 3-inch slices. Cut them vertically or longitudinally.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Make holes in the baking sheet with the help of a fork or sharp knife. After that, use the baking sheet to line the air fryer’s basket.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for 1 minute on each side. Lift them carefully, allowing the extra mixture to drip back into the bowl.
- Place these soaked pieces into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 3 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. After 3 minutes, carefully brush melted butter on the top of the toasts, flip them over, and repeat.
- Repeat with the rest of the bread, egg mixture, and butter.
Combine condensed milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a small pot to form the dipping sauce. Heat it on a low flame with constant stirring until the butter melts.
1 stick of air-fried French toast contains 41kcal. These calories have 5.4g of carbohydrates, 2.4g of protein, and 0.5g of fat.
3. Air Fried S’mores
Air fryers add crispiness to all the recipes. You’ll get golden-brown marshmallows by following this recipe. It’s the easiest and fastest dessert for a Christmas party.
Chocolate and Graham’s crackers enhance the taste when sprinkled on top.
- 12 squares of Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Four Marsh Mallows
- 4 half sheets of Graham Crackers
Directions for Cooking
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees before proceeding further. Then put Graham crackers and marshmallows in the air fryer.
- Place a wire rack on top of the marshmallows to prevent them from rising while being cooked in the air fryer.
- Cook the marshmallow for 3 to 4 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove the s’mores from the air fryer, top with three squares of chocolate from each s’more, and add the final graham cracker.
- Insert toothpicks and serve them with dripping chocolate.
There are 216 calories in a single serving of air-fried S’mores. The following amounts of nutrients are present in it:
- Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 3g
Air-fried Christmas Desserts with Cooking temperatures
|Air fryer Cake
|Air-fried Finger French toasts
|Brie & Cranberry bonbon in air fryer
|Peppermint Lava Cake
5. Air-Fryer Peppermint Lava Cakes
Peppermint Lava cakes have a distinct flavor. Air fryers make delicious chocolate lava cake with perfection. You can have ice cream or whipped cream with these lava cakes.
To make peppermint lava cake, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of cubed butter
- 1 cup confectionary sugar
- 2 tablespoons of finely cut peppermint candies
- 2 large eggs and 2 yolks of eggs only
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 6 tbsps of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until it turns creamy.
- Combine confectioners sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and peppermint extract in a mixing bowl. Then add flour too. Blend them to create a batter.
- Then, fill ramekins with batter. Avoid overfilling and leave space for it to rise.
- Place the ramekins in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until the internal temperature is read to be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Avoid overcooking.
- Take it out of the basket and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a knife around the cake to loosen the sides of the ramekins. Then, carefully transfer the cake onto a serving dish.
- Add crushed candy on top and serve immediately while the chocolate is hot.
A single serving of peppermint lava cake contains almost 563 calories that are further divided into the following nutrients:
- 36g of fat
- 246 mg of cholesterol
- 226 mg of sodium
- 57g carbohydrates
- 7g of protein
To conclude, I’d like to say;
- An air fryer cooks multiple desserts with just a few ingredients. They’re preferred due to less mess and less heating.
- You can prepare a variety of desserts, from Oreo cheesecakes to peppermint lava cakes. Various techniques and ingredients are used in their cooking.
- Try this recipe for your Christmas parties, and you will receive praise from your friends and family.
- Even though it’s not Christmas, you can try out these recipes to make lunch for your young ones.
- Keto Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer (A Must Try)
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon (Yummy)
- WW Air Fryer Recipes (Must Try)