Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It should be highly nutritious to keep you energized throughout the day. You can get all the nutrients more healthily when you make your breakfast in the air fryer. Make everything, from French toast to eggs, in no time.
If you are following a weight loss regimen, a breakfast bowl in an air fryer is most suitable. It’s better than a stovetop or an oven as there’s less use of oil in an air fryer. When you are short on time, an air-fried breakfast bowl is your go-to first meal of the day.
In this blog, I’ll discuss the detailed recipe for an air fryer’s breakfast bowl. Plus, I’ll answer your queries about this high-protein, delicious morning meal.
Let’s have a look at the recipe!
How To Make A Healthy Air-Fried Breakfast Bowl?
An air fryer breakfast bowl includes the right amount of protein, carbs, and dairy. You’ll need the following ingredients for this recipe:
- Cheese: Use shredded cheddar cheese.
- Tater Tots: You can opt for frozen ones made fresh in the air fryer the night before.
- 4 Eggs: You can replace it with tofu as well.
- Spices: Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Milk: 1/4 cup of whole milk (skimmed milk is better on a healthy diet).
- Chicken tenders: Chicken tenders fulfill the protein requirements. Prepare them beforehand, or use them straight from the freezer!
Here are the detailed instructions to cook an instant air-fried breakfast bowl:
- Prepare the air fryer: Preheat it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the chicken tenders and tater tots in the air fryer for 6 minutes at the same temperature.
- Blend the ingredients: Crack the eggs into a small bowl and combine them with the milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk them until the mixture turns foamy.
- Prepare the proteins and carbs: Cut the cooked tater tots and chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces and place them on an ovenproof glass dish. Pour the egg mixture over the tenders and tots.
- In the air fryer: Put the dish into the air fryer and turn the heat down to 350 degrees. Cook for 4 minutes. Then use a fork to scramble the eggs and let them cook for 3 minutes.
- Cheese time: Add the cheese on the top and let it air fry for another 2 minutes.
- The final touch: Take the basket out of the air fryer and garnish it with salt and pepper. Serve it with your favorite toppings!
Tips for Beginners
It’s essential to know the model of your air fryer. The manual instructions are different for various types of air fryers.
The size of the air fryer determines the amount of batter or food you can put in it. Cooking time varies too! To know the perfectly cooked temperature, use an instant-read thermometer.
This was an essential tip for a beginner. There are some other tips related to this recipe as well. I’ve listed them below.
- Cook the tater tots and chicken tenders first. Then pour any mixture over it your want. This would ensure clean cooking with less mess.
- Use a measuring cup to combine milk and eggs. I prefer to measure eggs and milk with the help of two measuring cups. It’d ensure precise and accurate measurements with no waste of ingredients.
- Cook the egg mixture by scrambling it with a fork. Keep an eye on the air fryer to avoid overcooking the eggs and cheese.
Watch the video below for a better understanding!
- Add guacamole, green chilies, and salsa to the breakfast bowl. Pico di Gallo is also an option for a Mexican-style breakfast bow.
- An oatmeal smoothie goes well with a breakfast bowl.
- Ricotta cheese, red bell peppers, and Italian seasoning are a part of an Italian breakfast bowl.
- You can also serve sweet potatoes, chorizo, avocados, cilantro, and fried egg.
- Some other options include feta cheese crumbles, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives.
- You can also serve fruits along with a breakfast bowl.
You don’t have to stick to the recipe! Play with the ingredients and create what you like. Here are some ideas and variations with alternative ingredients.
- You can replace chicken tender with turkey, pork, meat, or chicken sausage.
- Some people prefer hash browns and roasted potatoes instead of tater tots.
- Bacon takes the recipe to a whole new level! Ordinary-cut, thick-cut, and Canadian bacon are the most suitable ones.
A single air fryer breakfast bowl contains almost 549 calories. These calories contain a substantial amount of nutrients, which are listed in the table below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we reheat the breakfast bowl?
Although eating fresh is better, reheating isn’t a bad idea, either. To reheat the air fryer breakfast bowl, you just need to catch up on the following:
Simply place the breakfast bowl in the basket and set the temperature to 375F. After 3 minutes of cooking, check your food. For a thorough reheat, air fry for an additional 3 minutes.
What meals can you prepare for breakfast in an air fryer?
There are plenty of dishes to have for breakfast straight from the air fryer:
- Frozen or homemade air-fried hash browns
- Hard-boiled or soft-boiled eggs in the air fryer or eggs in a hole made in the air fryer Baked
- Air-fried apples
- Air-fried sausage biscuits served with egg and cheese.
- Bagels and donuts that are air-fried!
How long can you store these breakfast bowls?
You can keep the leftover in the freezer for up to a week. This is ideal for weekly meal preparation.
It’s better to consume these leftovers within a week. Freezing it might make it soggy and flavorless at the time of eating.
Reheat appropriately until it’s warm from top to bottom. Give a slight stir or shake the basket while reheating the food in the air fryer.
Are air-fried breakfast bowls better than smoothie bowls?
A breakfast bowl with protein and carbs is more nutritious for your body.
Smoothie bowls can be an incredible source of fiber, carbohydrates, and protein that boost your metabolism.
Smoothies are meant to be sugar-free, with all the organic sugar of the fruits used. But some people add sugar to it, which leads to an unhealthy diet that results in weight gain!
What kinds of toppings are available for my Air Fryer breakfast bowl?
Green onions, salsa, diced green chilis, diced green jalapenos, and ketchup are some of our favorite toppings. You can use whatever toppings you want.
Sweet and fruity breakfasts are my favorite and that’s why I make apple fritters for breakfast all the time.
Sweet, spicy, and everything nice: that’s what these donut-like fritters promise. The ultimate fall mix is apples, cinnamon, sugar, and butter. When I see these components in a recipe, I know it’s going to be a hit.
Do you need to wash your air fryer basket after every use?
You definitely need to wash your air fryer basket after every use.
Your air fryer will have stuck-on meals and grease on the surface of the basket after a lengthy period of continuous use. And if you don’t take good care of your air fryer, it will cause you serious grease troubles.
An air fryer requires little to no oil to cook your food, whereas a deep fryer needs oil to cook.
You also do not need to warm the air fryer before using it to cook. This contrasts with the deep fryer, which must be warmed before use.
- An air fryer breakfast bowl is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe! To make it, you need a bunch of savory items from your pantry.
- It’s highly nutritious, providing a whole meal to keep you active the whole day. Breakfast bowls are not a hectic meal to prepare; it’s an easy recipe to mix up for people getting late from work.
- Once you’re done making it, some garnishing and topping will add flavor to your recipe!
- Don’t forget to air fry chicken tenders at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. Then you can cook the rest of the egg mixture at 350–400 degrees Fahrenheit, according to the type of air fryer you own.
- This recipe can be modified according to your preferred ingredients!