Pears are excellent for cooking because they keep their shape well and make a lovely presentation when served.
You can also cook them in a variety of ways, including baking, frying, grilling, and, yes, even in your air fryer.
If you don’t have an air fryer, then don’t worry you can bake them too. This process takes a while but the results are as amazing.
So, let’s get started.
How to make Air Fryer Honey Glazed Pears?
You can use any shape of the fresh pears, such as pear halves or slices. However, choose your pear carefully.
Bosc pears are delicious and already have a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg to them. Anjou and Bartlett’s pears are also good options for this recipe.
This recipe requires only a few other ingredients besides pears.
• Melted butter
• Brown sugar
• Frozen puff pastry
• If you want to make this outside of the pear season, you can use canned pears also.
Directions to make Air Fryer Honey Glazed Pears
• To make pears, first core the pears but leave the stem on top of the pear. Then, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon.
• Brush the mixture over each pear until it is completely coated.
• Roll out the thawed puff pastry and cut it into 1-inch-wide strips.
• Wrap the puff pastry around each pear, beginning at the top, until completely covered.
• Brush the pears with the remaining honey mixture and place them in the air fryer basket lined with parchment paper.
• Cook the pears in the air fryer basket for 8–10 minutes, or until the puff pastry strips are golden brown and crisp.
• You can use toothpicks to hold the pastry ends together while they cook.
• Remove the toothpicks from the pears before serving. They go well with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream.
• To get the sweetest, juiciest results, use ripe pears.
• To ensure even cooking, try to cut your pear slices into equal-sized pieces.
• Larger pieces will be less soft, but still delicious.
• Don’t just throw the pears in the Air Fryer basket, instead carefully place them in your basket with the help of a spoon to avoid breaking them.
• If any marinade is left in the bottom of the bowl, save it for glazing over the pears once they are cooked.
• To avoid a mess, line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Air fryer parchment paper sheets are available for purchase.
• If you prefer, you can leave the skin on your pears. This will help them stay together.
• Take care of your pears. They are soft and can easily get broken.
• To make perfect slices, cut your pears lengthwise with a sharp paring knife, then cut each piece in half.
How to bake Pear In Oven?
• To begin, preheat the oven to 350 °F and coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
• In the meantime, clean and peel your pears before seeding and cutting them into quarters.
• In a mixing bowl, combine the syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg right away, etc.
• Place the pears on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, uncovered.
• Finally, before serving, remove the baked pears and top with shaved coconut, nuts, and granola.
How do I dress up Air Fryer Pears?
The possibilities are (almost) limitless.
Make it breakfast-friendly by adding granola and chopped nuts, or top your oatmeal with pears.
Serve in dessert plates with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and an extra drizzle of maple syrup or caramel sauce for a decadent treat.
Which Pears are the best to use?
I prefer Bartlett pears for this dish because they are the juiciest.
However, as long as they are ripe, you can use any variety.
Want to shake things up? Try one of these alternatives!
Sweet and spicy: Omit the cinnamon and nutmeg and replace them with 14 -12 teaspoons (depending on your tolerance) of red chili flakes and maple syrup.
Savoury: Instead of maple syrup, use soy sauce/tamari and half a teaspoon of cumin or chili powder.
Lemony: Combine 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 14 teaspoons ground ginger
• This pear dessert pairs well with our instant pot chicken pot pie pasta.
• Instead of pecans, sprinkle sliced almonds on top of the baked pears right before serving.
• Make a sophisticated dessert. Instead of quarters, make small balls with a melon baller. Then, shape them however you want before topping them with your favorite toppings.
How to store Honey Glazed Pears?
Because this pear recipe yields a small amount, you are unlikely to have leftovers.
If you must, refrigerate in a sealed container for 2–3 days.
Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave for 20–30 seconds.
But I wouldn’t advise you to freeze them.
What’s the distinction between Bartlett and Bosc pears?
The pears are grown in the United States since 1799. The pears are named after Enoch Bartlett who first launched these scrumptious fruits prospering in his backyard.
They’re tender, juicy, and delicious. It’s ideal for eating raw.
Bosc pears have firmer and brown skin, as opposed to other pears, which are yellow or green when ripe. Some are spicy and sweet, and all have crispy flesh that is ideal for baking and cooking.
Is it okay to serve these Pears cold?
Yes, it is okay to serve these pears cold as well.
Although they are delicious when served warm, this simple dessert is also delicious when served cold.
Serving as a dessert, serve these air fryer pears cold with a scoop of ice cream.
The entire family will enjoy this chilled pear recipe on a hot day in the backyard or any day of the year.
- Air Fryer Honey Glazed Pears is a go-to recipe for sweet tooth lovers and bonus, it is made with simple ingredients which wouldn’t take much time to bake.
- There are many serving suggestions for honey-glazed pears as you can pair them with sweet, spicy, and savory items.
- Using the parchment paper in the Air Fryer basket is better to avoid the mess.