The Air Fryer Homemade Chocolate Bundt Cake is a hit with the whole family!
If you like chocolate cake, nothing beats the air fryer for tender, moist, and delicious results! It’s a decadent and fudgy cake that’s perfect for the air fryer because you don’t have to worry about the middle cooking. That alleviates my concern!
Let’s see how you can make it.
What Exactly Is A Bundt Cake?
A Bundt Cake is simply a cake cooked (or air-fried) in a circular mold with the center removed. It is a traditional Old-World shape inspired by the Gugelhupf, a European cake.
While that cake is unique, the American Bundt Cake can be made with any cake batter or recipe.
Bundt cakes are ideal for the air fryer because the middle does not overcook, which is a common issue when baking in the oven.
Is It Possible To Bake In An Air Fryer?
Absolutely! Cakes, cookies, chocolate chip muffins, and even cinnamon rolls can be baked in the air fryer, just like they would in the oven!
The air fryer is a great alternative to baking in the oven. When modifying recipes, People usually make smaller batches to accommodate the air fryer’s smaller size compared to the oven.
And, to avoid overbaking, always adjust the baking temperature and time.
How To Make Chocolate Bundt Cake In Air Fryer?
• Granulated sugar
• All-purpose flour
• Vegetable oil
• Vanilla Extract
• Powdered Sugar
• Unsweetened cocoa powder
• Baking powder
• Baking Soda
• Begin by creaming together the eggs and sugar. Then thoroughly combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, and hot water.
• Then, grease your Bundt cake pan thoroughly, paying special attention to the edges. (I used olive oil, but you could also use nonstick cooking spray.)
• Set the air fryer to 320 °F (air fryer setting) for 12 minutes. Check to ensure that it is completely cooked; if not, add a few minutes.
• Allow cooling completely before making the frosting and frosting.
How To Make The Icing Of Bundt Cake?
Combine the butter, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Make sure it’s well combined before adding the milk and vanilla and mixing until smooth.
Tips To Make The Best Bundt Cake
• The most important thing to remember when making any Bundt cake is to thoroughly grease the pan. It comes out easily this way.
Because a Bundt Cake pan has many grooves, you may want to melt some butter and grease it that way. Or else, you can also coat the pan with cooking spray
• Allow the cake to cool slightly before attempting to remove it from the pan. Otherwise, it will shatter. Use room temperature ingredients for the best results.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Mix in some chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
You can also check out the following video for more guidance on Air Fryer Bundt Cake.
Is It Possible To Freeze a Bundt Cake?
Yes, almost any cake can be frozen.
And because this is a regular chocolate cake, it can be easily frozen. Allow cooling to room temperature before wrapping in saran wrap or placing in an airtight container to freeze.
It will last between two and three months. To use, remove the cake from the freezer and place it on the counter to thaw.
Can I Replace the All-Purpose Flour?
Yes, you can skip the all-purpose flour.
You can make this cake by replacing the flour with gluten-free flour. It works flawlessly because you use the same amount of flour.
You can also make this healthier by combining whole-wheat flour and all-purpose flour. Simply ensure that the total amounts match the recipe measurements.
Is It Possible To Make This Air Fryer Bundt Cake Ahead Of Time?
Yes, this is a fantastic cake that can be made ahead of time.
Simply wrap it tightly in saran or plastic wrap. For the best results, ice the cake right before serving.
Can I Make This Chocolate Bundt Cake With A Box Cake Mix?
Yes! Use your favorite boxed cake mix if you don’t want to make this cake from scratch.
The cake will still be baked at the same time and temperature. If you’re using a smaller cake pan, you only need to fill it halfway. As a result, you may not use the entire mixture.
This is a great dessert to make for a party, as an after-dinner dessert, or as one of your air fryer holiday desserts.
If you have leftover cake mix and don’t want it to go to waste, grab some silicone muffin cups and make air fryer cupcakes with the leftover batter.
What Is The Best Temperature To Bake A Cake In The Air Fryer?
The baking time of the cake depends upon the type and model of the Air Fryer as every Air Fryer is different.
I experimented with various temperature settings ranging from 250F to 350F. Because the outside of the cake baked faster than the inside at higher temperatures, it browned too much on the outside while the inside was underbaked.
It takes longer to bake at a lower temperature, but the cake bakes more evenly. It will still crack on top, which is unavoidable with an air fryer (in my experience).
- An Air Fryer bakes the moistest, fudgy, and most delicious chocolate Bundt cake which is perfectly cooked from the middle.
- To have a perfectly baked cake, you need to make sure to grease the pan thoroughly because a Bundt cake pan has many grooves.
- You can also make the Bundt cake from the cake mix if you don’t have enough time to start from scratch.
You can skip the all-purpose flour to make it gluten-free and can use its other alternative to make it healthier.