Garlic bread is one of the famous tasteful bread that can be served with almost every meal, even though it is Italian.
The traditional way to cook garlic bread is, to cut it into half or slices and then put in a mixture of butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, and dried herbs.
The air fryer cooks garlic bread so quickly which is perfect to be served as a side dish with any meal and the best part is, you don’t have to have a masterful knowledge of cooking to cook garlic bread in the air fryer.
So, I am here to give you a very easy recipe for garlic bread to cook in an air fryer with all the things you need to know about air fryer garlic bread!
Let’s get started.
For making homemade air fryer garlic bread, you would need
- Bread – Baguette bread is best to make garlic bread, but you can use sourdough or any other bread you prefer.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter can be used as per your choice.
- Garlic – Using fresh minced or crushed garlic is better than using garlic powder.
- Parsley – You can use fresh or dried parsley as per your wish.
- Cheese – A combination of parmesan and mozzarella cheese gives the best result.
- Red pepper – Red pepper is used in a small amount to give garlic bread a little taste of spice but you can also skip this ingredient.
- Step 1 – Firstly, let the butter soften to room temperature.
- Step 2 – Once the butter is softened, mix butter, garlic, parsley, red pepper, and cheese in a bowl until well combined.
- Step 3 – Now take the bread and cut it into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Step 4 – Now spread the garlic butter mixture generously onto each bread slice.
- Step 4 – Then place the garlic bread slices in the air fryer and cook it for 5 to 6 minutes at 375° F.
- Step 5 – Once the garlic bread is done, take it out from the air fryer and serve.
Check out the following video to know how to make air fryer garlic bread.
To make garlic bread at home, follow some tips to ensure that it would come out as tasty as the one you get in restaurants.
- Make sure to use the softened butter as it makes the spreading and mixing easy.
- Always cut the bread slices to the same thickness so that they can cook evenly together.
- Use original/real butter for the best flavor because Margarine doesn’t provide the same taste.
- Use fresh garlic for a strong flavor and use garlic powder for a mild flavor.
- Keep a check on garlic bread after 3 to 4 minutes to ensure it’s not cooking too fast and adjust timing accordingly until it gets crispy.
- You can top garlic bread with shredded mozzarella or parmesan to cheesier bread.
Note: Cook garlic bread for 3 to 5 minutes for a soft texture and crispy edges.
You can also adjust garlic bread a bit if you want to, some of the suggestions are:
- Olive oil can be used instead of butter.
- You can add fresh basil leaves, thyme, and rosemary to the top of garlic bread.
- Use any cheese you like instead of parmesan.
- Olive oil can be used to make it vegan and to avoid cheese altogether.
Which bread is good to make garlic bread?
You can use any bread as per your desire to make garlic bread in the air fryer at home but from personal experience, I would recommend you to use the French baguette, because it works great!
However, if you like, you can use the whole grain version, sourdough, or any other bread as per your liking but all you have to do is make sure that the bread you’re using is healthy enough to carry the weight of the butter mixture.
How long should garlic bread be cooked?
The answer to this question greatly depends upon where you make garlic bread.
If you’re making garlic bread in the air fryer, it would hardly take 3-4 minutes. Whereas, in the oven, you would need to bake it for 7-8 minutes.
Apart from timings, you must keep an eye on bread and add or subtract time depending upon your desired texture of garlic bread. The ideal color of garlic bread in the air fryer is peak golden brown.
How to cook ready-made frozen garlic bread?
The cooking time of ready-made frozen garlic bread depends upon which garlic bread you’re using – if it is whole bread or slices. But, either way, don’t think of thawing it before cooking.
However, for whole bread/baguette put it in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 360° F, and for slices of toast, cook it at 360°F for 6-8 minutes.
How can I store the garlic bread?
It’s best to eat the homemade air fryer garlic bread right away. But, if you can’t, you can store cooled garlic bread in plastic wrap and put it in an airtight container. It can be stored for 4 days in the fridge.
To reheat, just put them in the warm oven for 6-8 minutes until they are warm then serve and enjoy.
What can be served with garlic bread?
Garlic bread is a great thing to add as a sideline to any dish you want. However, some of my favorite meals to serve garlic bread with are:
- As an appetizer spread
- Pasta or spaghetti
- Roasted or fried eggplant
- As a base for a sandwich
Can you top air-fryer garlic bread with cheese?
You can definitely top air-fried garlic bread with cheese.
If you want extra cheese on your garlic bread, incorporate 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan or 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella into the garlic butter mixture before spreading it on the sliced bread.
While the air fryer fan may blast loose cheese off the bread, the butter mixture should keep it together.
Is it possible to freeze air-fryer garlic bread?
It’s possible to freeze air-fried garlic bread for a few months.
Position the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Transfer to a freezer bag or an airtight receptacle after frozen.
Stock in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve, simply remove as many slices as you wish and proceed as directed in the recipe, adding 1-2 minutes more cook time.
Air fryer garlic bread is the best and easiest thing to be served with any meal you like.
- Baguette bread is best for making garlic bread.
- Freshly minced or crushed garlic enhances the flavor of garlic bread more than garlic powder.
- To make even cheesier bread, you can use shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese.
- The temperature to cook garlic bread in the air fryer is 375° F for 5-6 minutes.