The air fryer has turned out to be the best home appliance out there. You may ask why is though, well the answer is an air fryer unlike deep frying is a much healthier way to fry your food.
As an air fryer doesn’t need any sort of oil just a tiny bit as compared to deep frying, you are guaranteed to have fewer calories than deep-fried food.
Now, how do air-fryers cook without the use of oil? I mean you need oil to cook food as the oil prevents the food from sticking to the surface and it makes food taste better with the flavor in it.
The air fryer has a hot air technology in it that circulates your food and makes your food delicious and crispy.
Many companies produce air fryers and among them are Havells Prolife Digi 1230-Watt Air Fryer, Inalsa Air Fryer, and Pampered Chef Air Fryer.
But the best air fryer company, according to my research, is Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer as it has more space than a normal air fryer and can cook frozen food in a couple of minutes.
To know more about the best air fryer overall, read till the end as I will be going through it all.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a versatile cooking tool that can crisp almost anything, from sweet potatoes to sizzling bacon. It creates a compact environment that is generally smaller and lighter than a microwave, allowing heated air to be blown around quickly to heat and cook whatever is inside.
Simply spritz some oil on top of a slab of steak, for example, and place it in the air fryer. As moisture evaporates and flavors condense, the outsides of the food become crisper and the flavor of the food becomes more flavorful.
What kinds of air fryers are available?
There are two basic types of air fryers, which can be distinguished by their capacity, physical space requirements, and cleaning difficulty.
The first is the smaller pod-shaped air fryer, which most people are acquainted with. A pod-shaped air fryer is about the size of a coffee maker, with a capacity that ranges from around 2 to 7 quarts.
It takes up less counter space and is simpler to clean than its convection oven counterpart. If you’re cooking for a small group, this is a good option.
Then there’s the larger convection oven air fryer, which looks like a toaster oven (with a door that usually opens downward) but can air fry. A convection oven air fryer typically holds more food than its pod-shaped counterpart, with many models holding 10 quarts or more. However, they typically take up more counter space and are more difficult to clean.
How To Cook in an Air Fryer for the First time?
- The first thing when you have received or bought your air fryer is to remove all the stickers so that it couldn’t damage your surface if you are cooking something.
- Then put something heat resistant in it so that it couldn’t damage the surface below it.
- If you are cooking something just make sure that you shouldn’t overcrowd the basket as if you do that the hot air will not circulate through your food properly and you can expect soggy food.
- Then if you’re preheating or cooking something you should know that the air fryer preheats your food a lot quicker than usual preheating so be careful of overcooking or burning your food.
- If you are cooking something then you should cook your food on one side for 2-3 minutes.
- Then you should take out the basket and shuffle your food around, this will make your food to be perfectly cooked from every corner.
- If you want a peak at your food just pull out the basket to see your food, there is no need to shut your air fryer as most of them automatically shuts when their basket is out.
- After you are done peeking you should push the basket into the air fryer properly or it will not turn on.
- If you started to hear wiring sounds don’t worry air fryers usually make these sorts of noises.
- The most important thing is to clean your air fryer properly so all the oil or fat could be washed over.
The Pros and Cons of an Air Fryer
Although there are many mixed reviews that whether buying an air fryer is worth it or not.
It indeed cooks your food quickly but if you’re making something for a large family like 5-6 members it can get very difficult to fulfill the need and not to mention it is also very time taken.
So for a larger family, it can’t be worth buying. However, if you have a small family like 3-4 members then it is a much better choice to cook in an air fryer.
Let’s see what this table tells us:
|It is very easy to use an air fryer
|The average price of the air fryer is 75$ to 150$ so it is quite expensive
|It doesn’t need any sort of oil so expect healthier food.
|The basket of air fryer has limited space in it so it cooks less food
|It can also make crispy and juicy food despite using no oil
|Speaking of which it can’t fulfill the need of a larger family
|It can cook many foods with its hot air mechanism
|It also makes a lot of noises
|It is also a super efficient way to cook and reheat your food
|It can burn food easily as it can heat up very quickly
|It heats up very quickly compare to deep frying
|It also has some limitations like it can’t cook the cheese, raw grain, etc
|It is also much safer compared to deep frying
|If you don’t have a proper place to store it, it can be a problem for you
What Are the Top 3 best-selling Air Fryers?
The best-selling air fryers are given below.
- Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer(the best-selling air fryer)
- Instant Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer(the second best-selling air fryer)
- Ninja 4-quart Air Fryer(the third best-selling air fryer)
Why Should You Buy Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer?
Instant Vortex 6-quart has 4 customizable programs that are one-touch for foods like chicken wings, cinnamon buns, and many more.
- You can adjust your temperature easily.
- It is among the few air fryers with a touch screen display in it.
- It has much more space than a normal air fryer with a capacity equal to 4 lb. chicken.
- It can make your frozen food like fresh food in a very less time.
- It can produce crunchy and tender food using only 5% of oil.
Is Buying Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer Worth it?
The main problem with a normal air fryer is that it has less capacity in the basket to cook food so for a family of 5-6 members it seems very difficult to cook food.
An air fryer is not worth buying for large baskets but Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer has much more capacity than a normal air fryer so this fulfills the need of a bigger family and not to mention that it is among the few air fryer with a touch screen display in it.
If you still have questions about whether it is worth it or not, check out this video which gives a review of this product.
Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer is the best air fryer out there because of its more capacity in the basket compared to a normal air fryer.
- An air fryer is an appliance with cooks food with less or no use of oil.
- If you don’t know how to cook in an air fryer it could turn out to be a disaster for you.
- There are many pros and cons to using an air fryer.
- Instant Vortex 6-quart Air Fryer, Ninja 4-quart Air Fryer, and Instant Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer are the best air fryers in terms of performance.
- When Did The Philips Air Fryer Come Out? (Know now)
- What Are Two Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer? (Explained)
- Can Air Fryers Explode? (Find Out)
- Can An Oven Work Similarly To An Air Fryer? (Explained)