Air fryers cook the frozen Trader Joe’s chicken in just 12 minutes. There are varieties of chicken flavors at Trader Joe’s; the Mandarin orange chicken is one of them.
This is a great delight for homemade Chinese cuisine! It tastes much better than the deep-fried version!
Today, we’ll talk about the details of air-fried TJ’s chicken. Let’s get to it already!
How To cook frozen Trader Joe’s orange chicken in the air fryer?
- 22 ounces of Trader Joe’s Frozen Orange Chicken
- 1 teaspoon of each sesame seed, hives, sliced scallions, and spring onions
- Put the frozen sauces in a small bowl filled with warm water. It’ll help you defrost the sauces. Add the frozen orange chicken from Trader Joe’s in the same bowl if it hasn’t been defrosted.
- After that, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes. You can vary the time depending on the type of air fryer.
- After that, add the entire package of defrosted trader joe’s orange chicken to the preheated air fryer basket. Exempt the sauce.
- Air fry for 12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then remove the basket and shake it thoroughly. Place it back and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, which should be 165°F (74°C). Give it extra 5 minutes if the internal temperature varies from this one.
- Turn off the air fryer once the cooking time has been completed.
- Do not discard the fried chicken. Add the sauces to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 30 seconds.
- Remove the trader’s joes orange chicken and add it to the bowl of sauces. Toss it well to coat evenly.
Your crispy air-fried Trader Joe’s orange chicken is ready! Enjoy any suitable combos!
Trader Joe’s orange chicken contains 533 calories. Here’s a list of the nutrients present in it:
Here are some suggestions for making amazing meals with air-fried trader Joe’s chicken:
- Plain steamed white rice
- Sautéed Korean cucumber salad
- Salad of crunchy low-carb vegetables or stir-fried veggies
- Creamy noodles
- Grilled creamy potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Mash potatoes & Chorizo
- Garlic rice
- Place chicken in a single layer; do not overlap or overcrowd them! Resist the urge to cook it in a single batch! Make two batches to serve a larger number of people.
- Make sure you defrost the sauce. You can re-fry the chicken after adding the sauce to it. It’ll give a delicious caramelized flavor to the chicken.
- Consult the manual of your air fryer. The instructions might vary depending on the brand and size of the air fryer.
Here is a complete step-by-step guide video on how to air-fried trader joe’s chicken:
Benefits of Cooking Chicken in the Air fryer
- Air fryers help you get instant and accurate results for all of your recipes.
- It avoids high amounts of oil, unlike deep frying! Therefore, it’s healthy!
- Air fryers heat up faster than ovens, allowing them to cook meals quickly and easily. This delicious Trader Joe’s orange chicken takes 10 to 12 minutes to prepare.
- It’s much more delectable than oven-baked Trader Joe’s orange chicken.
Is Trader Joe’s orange chicken healthy?
Trader joe’s orange chicken is not one of the healthiest options! This product has a combination of sweet and fatty contents and is a highly processed meal.
Therefore, it should be consumed in moderation to avoid any health risks. But it’s full of protein, which is good for your daily needs!
How many servings are in one pack of Trader Joe’s orange chicken?
A pack of 624g Trader Joe’s orange chicken can serve 5 people.
It depends on the size of the portions. It’s enough for 2 to 3 servings if eaten in moderate amounts. Serve it with grilled rice to increase the portion size.
How can we improve the taste of Trader Joe’s orange chicken?
How long does it take to cook Trader Joe’s orange chicken?
Trader Joe’s orange chicken takes less than 15 minutes in the air fryer! It cooks in 10 minutes, while the other 5 minutes are just for tossing the sauce on top of this crispy chicken!
Is the orange chicken from Trader Joe’s gluten-free?
The orange chicken at Trader Joe’s is not gluten-free! Wheat is one of the main ingredients used in the batter and sauce.
Go for breaded chicken for a gluten-free version of this recipe! It has a crispy exterior and a juicy interior.
How to reheat Trader Joe’s chicken in an air fryer?
Set the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to reheat trader joe’s chicken. Place the orange chicken in the air fryer’s basket and reheat for 2-4 minutes.
Do not overcook the chicken, as the orange sauce burns at high temperatures and over a long cooking period.
Does the orange chicken at Trader Joe’s contain MSG?
Trader Joe’s orange chicken doesn’t contain any extra amounts of monosodium glutamate. It may contain trace amounts of MSG that are not harmful to one’s health.
The amount of MSG in the package is not specified. As a result, there are indeed either no or negligible amounts. Any food that naturally contains MSG isn’t specified on their packages because that’s not something added; it’s present organically!
What are the components of Trader Joe’s orange sauce?
The following ingredients are listed on the package:
- Light soy sauce or deep red soy sauce
- Food starch
- Safflower oil
- Green onions
- White pepper with ginger
- Orange peel
- Ancho chile
Is the orange chicken from Trader Joe’s raw?
The Mandarin Orange Chicken from Trader Joe’s is pre-cooked. It is prepared in 15 minutes and reheated in 5 to 7.
You have to defrost the sauce, not the chicken, before air-frying. Air fry the chicken at the predetermined temperature and enjoy! It’s quite easy and an instant recipe.
Is the Mandarin Orange Chicken from Trader Joe’s fried?
The frozen Orange Chicken from Trader Joe’s comes in a plastic package. It consists of frozen, deep-fried chicken pieces, and two additional frozen sauce bags are inside the packet.
You can cook it in an air fryer, oven, or stove! I recommend air-frying it to get an effective outcome.
Is The Trader Joe’s Orange Chicken Precooked?
Mandarin Orange Chicken from Trader Joe’s – The chicken is fully cooked before being frozen. Green onions and sesame seeds can be added on top as garnish.
Because the chicken is already cooked, all I have to do is warm it through and air fried the outside to crispy perfection. That’s why cooking frozen orange chicken in the air fryer just takes around fifteen minutes.
Is Orange Chicken Sauce available at Trader Joe’s?
Because the Mandarin orange sauce is frozen, Trader Joe’s recommends thawing it in the microwave (or in a cup of warm water) to make it fluid enough to coat the chicken.
When you’re in a hurry, this recipe is ideal. Depending on the amount size, it can serve two to four people, or you can preserve the leftovers for later in the week. In the air fryer, they reheat wonderfully.
- Air-fried Trader Joe’s orange chicken is a delicious option for homemade Chinese cuisine.
- Air fry it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes to get a crispy dish! It is suitable as an appetizer alone or combined with the main dish.
- You can serve it as an appetizer with toothpicks for picking up individual pieces. Add garlic rice, steamed plain rice, sautéed vegetables, or mashed potatoes to make a whole meal!
- You can reheat the leftovers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.