Texas toast or cheese bread is a simple yet fulfilling snack or side dish to be toasted on a grill, but in this instance, it’s in an air fryer, where it is ready in minutes, toasts perfectly, and melts down cheese, garlic, and butter in a perfect combination for your taste buds.
Just grilling and toasting is boring and doesn’t serve you elite flavors, but when anything besides the norm makes your life a bit enjoyable, The texas toast is an example, the simplicity is good, yet when you add the garlic butter and cheese to an air fryer, you get the velvety texture.
Air-frying the toasts makes them more flavorful as they make the balanced textured food, crispy, melty, and tasty.
This will give you some peace of mind because it makes cleaning easier and cuts the time in half when compared to the oven.
The ritual of having an air fryer is more than an appliance, it’s a blessing for your time, family, and of course yourself. Also, the health benefits? They are uncountable because it uses no oil for making your favorite dish.
Without further ado, let’s start our blog to discuss this in detail and know how to make the best Texas Toast in the Air Fryer.
Can texas toast be air fried?
Yes, it can surely get fried in the air.
It is the easiest method out of all because you don’t have to work with the oven at odd hours, you don’t have to wait longer than 8 minutes, you don’t have to clean the mess after, and you don’t have to worry about the texture. It’s truthful perfection.
Air-frying makes it hassle-free to work in batches, and some other things are possible, like doing more toasting as per your liking with an additional 2-3 minutes in the fryer timing, and reheating the leftovers with the same softness and texture as they are fresh out of the oven.
How long to cook texas toast in an air fryer?
5–6 minutes is the maximum time to melt down the butter and cheese; if you like your bread more toasty, you can add another 2–3 minutes.
While laying down the toasts, make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket, as it will be a total mess, the cooking will be horrible, and they will be soggy. Pop the basket into its place and let them cook until the edges are crisp and the smell is divine. Serve them hot with or without dips.
How to make crispy cheese texas toast?
- Texas toast
- Garlic powder or minced garlic
- Dried parsley
- Thick-cut garlic bread or simple bread then cover them on both sides with butter and garlic mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the prepared toasts in the air fryer lined with parchment paper. Pop the basket into its place.
- Cook them for 5-6 minutes or until they are golden brown. Open the basket when the timer is midway, flip the bread and spread the cheese carefully onto each of the toast, and then lock the basket again into the air fryer.
- Dish out the texas toast or just toast them for an additional 2-3 minutes according to your liking.
what is the main difference between garlic bread and texas bread?
The main distinction between them is the thickness, type of bread used, and method of preparation.
Texas bread is simply thicker cut than other types of toast, which include slathering garlic butter on both sides and toasting them on the grill or broiler.
Garlic toast, on the other hand, is made with French bread and is slightly lighter than Texas toast. Also, the garlic bread is flavored with fresh garlic cloves and then cooked in the oven, while the Texas butter mixture can be infused with real garlic or just garlic powder for taste.
How not to make soggy texas toast?
The art of toasting is difficult, but if you want to try making this pleasurable bread the right way, you can achieve a crisp. The sogginess is a major turn-off, so follow and double-check these instructions to make it more delectable:
- Preheat: to make delish food preheat your air fryer at the given temperature, this step ensures to cook the insides, and forms the crust without burning.
- High temperature: Sometimes high temperature melts the butter too quickly hence making it soggy without toasting it first. So, when you try to increase the timing with high temperature it burns the bread.
- Resting: When the air frying toasting is completed, let them rest on the rack and in the open area rather than on a plate or in the microwave because the steam or moisture traps on the plate or surrounding hence making the toast soggy.
How healthy is texas toast?
On a scale of 1–10, these toasts are a solid 7, as they pack essential vitamins and minerals for your healthy body.
So where are the other 3 numbers? The answer is simple, it contains some risky contents like saturated fat, sodium, and sugar, which are directly harmful to your heart.
They also contain some other nutrients, like potassium, vitamin D, fiber for your muscles, and a good amount of carbs. There is no doubt that they are delicious and healthy at the same time because they may sound heavy, but being rich in carbs, they don’t increase your fat in a bad way.
Why is my texas bread yellow?
Texas bread is made with simple garlic bread, but it is yellow because of the ingredients, or so-called spices, added to the bread dough. Corn flour, turmeric, and a hint of paprika are used in this recipe to create a tangy, spicy, yet sour flavor.
What can I substitute for garlic bread and butter?
If you are a person who doesn’t like the smell and taste of garlic, then you can opt for other options like simple bread, cauliflower bread, sourdough bread, whole grain bread, and whole wheat bread for the same carb amount as the Texas bread.
As for the butter, you can use olive oil, ghee, avocado oil, cooking oil, or just cheese to make the substitute, but there is no guarantee of flavor or texture because it doesn’t crisp up like butter does every time.
Do I Need To defrost the frozen texas toast?
You shouldn’t defrost frozen Texas toast before cooking because defrosting might result in soggy bread.
The frozen Texas toast is cooked in an air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 350°F without flipping (if cheese is included) until golden brown and crisp on the other side. Before serving, let them rest in a ventilated place so they don’t get mushy and taste weird.
What goes well with texas toast?
Texas toast is good on its own, but as an adventurous and curious foodie, I’ve always paired it up with different foods and condiments to make it more delicious, and believe me, it hasn’t disappointed me ever.
Here are some different options you can try:
- Tomato soup
- Stew or soup
- Pasta or spaghetti
The cheesy, garlicky, and buttery fantasies make you come back for more, but what’s best is to keep track of what you are eating at the time.
Here’s what the finger-licking Texas toast serves you in a single serving of 35 grams.
The table indicates the important minerals in Texas toast, yet if you think they don’t play a role in your diet, then you might have a look at those carbs and calories. Also, if you work out at the gym or are concerned about your diet, you may want to limit your toast consumption.
- The texas toast is an easy-to-make dish with countless benefits with a perfect texture and taste.
- The brown and crispy edges with a cheesy meltdown and garlicky butter in the center make this a perfect dish for a gameday, appetizer, or pair with the main meal.
- You can make this dish at home or just buy it frozen at any store.
- You don’t need to oil or thaw the frozen texas toast.
- The air fry timing should be increased or decreased as per your liking of the toast or crispiness.
- Air fry toast at 350F for 5-6 minutes and you’ll have the best texas toast in town.
- Preheat the air fryer before making even cooking possible without undercooked problems.