Air Fryer Carrot Cake is the ideal dessert for birthday celebrations, after-dinner sweets, and other special events! This sweet carrot cake is the ideal dessert for lovers of carrot cake because of its great spice blend.
This Air Fryer carrot cake is delicious and incredibly simple to make. Carrot cake serves as a snack as well as the after-meal sweet treats.
Carrot cake cooked in an air fryer has a crunchy crust and is rich with the flavor of carrots. The hot air circulates more quickly in an air fryer, making it possible to contact the food’s entire surface more effectively.
Can You Bake In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. Because an Air Fryer functions similarly to a small oven, you can use it to air fry your meal, bake your cake or even roast your food.
Although I had some reservations about baking cake in my air fryer, I am beyond thrilled with the outcome!
Typically, “fried” dishes are prepared in air fryers without the additional oil, fat, or calories. An air fryer and an oven can both be used for baking.
As opposed to ovens, air fryers produce heat using rapid air technology rather than an element, making them generally faster than ovens. Because of this, they warm up much faster than an oven.
Is Carrot Cake A Healthy Snack For Kids?
Yes, this is healthy. Carrot Cake for Toddlers and Kids is a protein-rich delicious treat for developing children. It’s good for the growth of their cells and bones, each piece offers 1g of protein.
Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, which promotes healthy skin growth, and children’s vision, and guards against night blindness.
Will You Enjoy This Air Fryer Carrot Cake Recipe?
In the air fryer, this classic carrot cake recipe produces a tasty and moist cake in just 25 minutes.
Without heating up the kitchen, you can make delicious carrot cake in no time!
This simple Air Fryer Carrot Cake is ideal for dessert after dinner, birthday parties, or any other special occasion!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Pecan nuts
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla extract
- Sift 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder in a bowl, mix them well, and set aside.
- Take 2 medium size carrots, peel, cut edges, and grate them in a bowl and make one cup by pressing them down.
- Pecan nuts, roasted and cut into smaller chunks and made to 1/2 cup.
- Take 7 inches diameter pan and grease it with oil, place parchment paper, and brush it with oil.
- Take 2 eggs at room temperature, and whisk until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and whisk well.
Let’s add the dry ingredients
- Add in 2 batches, add the first batch, combine well then add the second and mix until you get a perfect consistency.
- Add the grated carrots and mix, do not over-mix, then add grated pecan nuts.
- Transfer batter to pan and tap to remove air bubbles.
Now let’s air fry
- Air fry at 320F or 160C for 40-45 minutes, remove it and do the toothpick test, if it comes out clean then it means it’s perfectly air fried, now let it cool for some time.
- Check for doneness –Place a skewer or toothpick in the cake’s middle. The cake is done if it comes out clean. Cook for a further 5 minutes if the skewer comes out wet or with moist crumbs.
Serve it with a cup of blackcurrant tea, it tastes great. Do give it a try.
Note: Every brand’s air fryer has a different baking time and temperature range. For the cake to rise evenly and prevent burning on top, it is recommended to bake at a lower heat setting.
Can You Use Any Kind Of Cake Pan In An Air Fryer?
Any ovenproof dish, whether it is made of glass, ceramic, metal, or silicone, can be used in the Air fryer.
To bake cupcakes or muffins, you can also use silicone or paper cupcake cups or molds. A cake pan that easily fits inside your air fryer is required.
If you used a larger pan because the batter would be thinner, it might take less time.
Here’s a recipe video for pecan carrot cake in an air fryer:
- If you’re using plain flour, add 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder to the flour.
- Ingredients used should be at room temperature. You can melt butter on the defrost setting in the microwave. Put warm water on your eggs for a few minutes if they are chilly.
- The cake pan should be half-filled; avoid overfilling it. Depending on the size of the air fryer, you might need to divide the batter between two 7-inch baking pans and bake them for 25 minutes at 150 °C (300 °F).
- You might want to fill it with buttercream or frosting after cutting it in half. But even with just a light dusting of icing sugar, it tastes fantastic since it is so moist and tasty.
- You can also cover the baking tin with some foil and poke some holes in it to prevent the top from burning or cooking too fast.
How Should I Keep Homemade Carrot Cake?
For two days, store the carrot cake in an airtight container. You can even freeze the cake for up to six months and thaw it whenever you want a slice of carrot cake!
This simple Air Fryer Carrot Cake is ideal for dessert after dinner, birthday parties, or any other special occasion! This sweet carrot cake’s lovely fusion combination makes it the ideal dessert for carrot cake fans.
Here are some tips to personalize this air fryer carrot cake recipe:
- Zucchini – To prepare a zucchini carrot cake, substitute half of the carrot with zucchini.
- Fully Frosted – If you enjoy frosting, make two batches and cover the entire cake, including the sides.
- Loads of Nuts – If you wish to completely frost your cake, sprinkle chopped walnuts over the top to give every mouthful a taste boost.
- Walnuts- If you dislike pecans, try walnuts.
- Oil – You can use any oil with a neutral flavor if you don’t have vegetable oil on hand.
Serving size: 1
Total calories: 577
What Other Seasonings Pair Well With This Recipe?
For a more zesty, summery flavor, you can sprinkle some orange zest in the cake batter or on top. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice to the batter for a spicier, fall-inspired flavor!
How Long Does A Cake Take In An Air Fryer?
Put the pan in the air fryer and heat it to 160 °C (320 °F) for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 150°C (300°F) and cook the cake for 10 minutes more if the middle is still a little raw.
Place a skewer or toothpick in the cake’s center. The cake is done if the test is successful.
How do I Freeze This Cake?
Let it cool in the refrigerator. Once frozen, leave it outside. After that, securely wrap it in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil.
You can store it for up to three months in the freezer or a week in the refrigerator.
Anytime you get a craving, defrost on the counter and devour it. The shelf life can be increased even more if you have a vacuum sealer.
How to Keep the Cake Moist?
Cakes that are too dense or dry have no place in this world. These undesirable textures are preventable.
- Apply cake flour
- Prevent overmixing
- Maintain the proper baking temperature
- Don’t overbake the cake
- Add some moisture between the cake layers
- Properly store the cake.
- Carrot cake cooked in an air fryer has a crunchy crust and is rich with the flavor of carrots.
- Carrot Cake for Toddlers and Kids is a protein-rich delicious treat.
- You can personalize this air fryer carrot cake recipe according to your taste.
- For the cake to rise evenly and prevent burning on top, it is recommended to bake at a lower heat setting.
- Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, which promotes healthy skin growth.