There is absolutely no one who doesn’t love french fries but deep-fried french fries aren’t good for health as they are loaded with oil and fats, so air fryers came as a savior for french fries lovers.
Air fryer french fries are similar to deep-fried ones and even much crispier and tastier with the right seasoning because French fries taste more amazing when they are rightly seasoned and even crispier french fries don’t taste good if they aren’t nicely seasoned.
So, air fryer seasoned fries are made of restaurant quality with simple ingredients.
Therefore, today I’ll be exploring with you how to make deliciously seasoned fries in the air fryer, which you can easily have without worrying about the added calories and fats.
So, let’s start.
Where Can I Find The Best Air Fryers?
Because people are realizing the advantages of air frying over deep fried. So there are numerous varieties and sizes available on the market right now.
To assist you in making your decision, we created a list of the Best Air Fryers, comparing benefits and downsides. Compare oven air fryers, digital air fryers, and basket-style air fryers. Depending on the size of your family, a 3-4 quart air fryer may be preferable to a larger air fryer. It will quickly become your favored kitchen appliance.
Ingredients To Make Seasoned Fries
- Potatoes (2-3) – Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold are my favorite potatoes for baking or air frying because these potatoes have a dense texture which makes them perfect for frying.
- Vegetable Oil (2 tablespoons) – Oil is optional, but I feel it is necessary to make fries crispy and crunchy, also it doesn’t let fries dry out. But, don’t use olive oil, only vegetable or seed oil works best for French fries.
The seasoning for french fries is not spicy at all, it is perfectly balanced and would be loved by kids as well. However, if you’re concerned about the spices, you can just skip this step and toss fries in some oil and salt.
For seasoning you would need:
- Salt (¼ tsp)
- Paprika powder (¼ tsp)
- Black pepper (⅛ tsp)
- Garlic powder (⅛ tsp)
- Onion powder (⅛ tsp)
- Oregano (¼ tsp)
You can also use the following seasonings:
- Italian seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
Directions To Make Seasoned Fries
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thinner or ¼ inch fries.
- Place the fries in the bowl of cold water so that the potatoes may release their starch, then rinse and drain.
- Wipe the potatoes with a paper towel.
- Put the fries in the bowl and sprinkle the oil on top, then toss to coat them well.
- Put the seasoning onto the fries and toss again until they are well tossed.
- Set the air fryer at 380° F and add fries to the basket in a single layer.
- Leave the fries to cook for 15 minutes, while making sure to shake the basket after 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Once they are crispy and crunchy, take them out and serve them with your favorite dipping.
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Chipotle Mayo
- Keto BBQ Sauce
- To make the air fryer fries extra crispy, cut them into ¼ inch strips and put them in cold water to release their starch, then rinse them with cold water a few times and wipe them with a paper towel until they are completely dry.
- If you want the seasoning to stick well with the fries then toss the fries in a bit of oil first then tossing is seasoning and that’s how the fries will get a nice coat on them.
- Keep checking on the fries or shake the basket after every 5 minutes to make them evenly cooked and by keeping a check you will find the exact timing to make the fries.
- To make this recipe, there is no need to preheat the air fryer. Just simply turn on the air fryer, set the time, spray the basket with oil and add fries.
How Long Does It Take To Air Fry The French Fries?
There are a few things to understand before knowing the exact air frying time.
The air frying time depends upon your air fryer’s brand, capacity, model, and size, while it also depends upon how powerful the air fryer is.
Because some air fryers might take only 5 minutes to cook 2-3 Russets potatoes, while others may take 20 minutes for it.
Room temperature is another factor that affects cooking time. If your air fryer is placed near the balcony or in a cold atmosphere then the cooking time will also need to be increased for a few more minutes.
When you check the fries after 5 minutes while shaking or rotating the basket, then you surely get to know yourself when the fries are going to be done.
Also, there are several types of fries and they require different cooking times to get cooked:
- Crinkle Cut Fries/ Waffle Fries: 10-11 minutes
- Lattice Cut Fries: 10-11 minutes
- Sweet Potato Fries: 16 minutes
- Shoestring Fries: 8-10 minutes
However, for 2-3 medium-sized potatoes, it would take around 15 minutes at 380° F to cook.
How Do You Store The Seasoned Fries?
To store the fries, put them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for 3 days.
To reheat the leftover fries, you can put them in the air fryer at 375° F or in the oven by preheating it to 400° F while placing an empty baking sheet in the oven till it is on reheat. Then spread the single layer of fries in the air fryer basket until they are crispy again.
I have noticed this thing that reheated french fries come out even crispier than fresh ones because of less amount of oil usage.
To freeze the fries, scatter them on a baking sheet in a single layer until they turn solid, then transfer them into an airtight storage bag or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Just reheat them frozen when needed.
Can I Use An Air Fryer To Cook Frozen French Fries?
The cooking process will be slightly different when you are creating frozen items.
Making frozen food also saves time in the kitchen. Fill the basket with frozen fries. You don’t need to oil the basket because frozen fries are pre-cooked and won’t stick. Cook for about 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees F. If required, season with salt.
The air fryer seasoned fries are tender from the inside, crispy from the outside, and seasoned to perfection as the air fryer cooks fries to a crisp with very little oil.
- To make the seasoned fries crispy and crunchy, put them into cold water to release their starch, then rinse them a few times.
- Seasoned Air fries don’t need to be put on a preheated air fryer, so put them directly.
- For a nice coat of seasoning, toss the fries in the oil first, then add seasoning to it and toss them again.
- Russet and Yukon Gold potatoes work best for frying, be it baking or air frying.
- The cooking time of fries depends upon many factors like brand, size, the capacity of the air fryer, and how powerful it is.