It’s the finest way to transform leftover pear slices into chips.
The dehydrated pear chips are the same as air-fried apple chips. Air fryers make them extremely crispy. Use some simple ingredients to develop the taste and texture of these yummy air-fried pear chips!
I’ll share the details regarding the recipe! Let’s get to it.
- 1 pear thinly sliced to 1cm rings
- 1 green apple sliced into 1cm rings
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
Directions To Cook
- Preheat the air fryer to 150 degrees Celsius first.
- Take a small bowl, and add apple and pear rings to it. Sprinkle it with cinnamon & salt.
- Spritz the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange these pear chips on the air fryer basket. Then, air fries them to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the same step for apple rings. Pears dry up in this step. However, there is a dehydrating mode for Mistral air fryers. You can easily turn it up at the same temperature.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top and serve them warm with ketchup.
Dehydrated pears are extremely crispy. It’s a delicious snack for kids and an appetizer for adults too.
Check out the video below for the complete recipe for air-fried pear chip:
Gluten-Free Air Fryer Pear Chips
There are multiple variations on these simple air-fried pear chips! Here’s the gluten-free version:
- 2 red or green Anjou pears
- 0.5 cups of oat flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1/2 cup of Graham crackers or Teddy Graham crumbs
- Non-stick cooking spray
For the dipping sauce, you need the following:
- Peanut butter with caramel
For the yummiest gluten-free snack, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Cut the pears into 1cm slices or rings. Add the pear slices and oat flour to a zip-lock bag.
- Shake it well to coat the chips properly.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- Dip the pear slices in the egg mixture and add them to the Graham crackers and sugar bag.
- Toss the bag continuously so that the pear slices are evenly distributed.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Then arrange the coated pear slices evenly in the basket.
- Bake these pear chips for 5 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit and then serve.
5 High-Quality Air Fryers with their Functions
Here is the list of air fryer brands that offer dehydrate options:
|Air fry, roast, reheat and dehydrate
|Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer
|Air fry, Dehydrate, Bake, Reheat
|Ninja OP302 Food
|Dehydrate, slow cook, pressure cook, Sauté, Bake, Air crisp & Broil
|Instant Pot Vortex Plus
|Dehydrate, air fry, bake, roast, Rotisserie, and Toast
What is the nutritional value of dried pear chips?
A serving of 90g of air-fried pear chips contains 236 kcal, which are further divided into:
- 1g of protein
- 63g of carbs
- 56 grams of natural sugar
The healthiest dried pears are free of added sugars and contain zero cholesterol and fat. They provide your body with vitamin C as well. All in all, they are extremely healthy.
How should we chop the pears to make pear chips?
First of all, peel the pears and slice them into small wedges. These small wedges aid in a quick and even drying process.
Usually, 1/8- or 1/4-inch slices are suitable for this recipe. It’s up to you if you want to keep the peels on, but it might delay the drying process. However, it will improve the crispiness.
Food slicers and mandolins have simplified the slicing process! Use them and get the desired thickness for chips.
How can we store leftover pear chips?
The most suitable way to store the leftover pear chips is to put them in a paper bag. They won’t last long if you store them in an airtight container.
It’ll trap the remaining amount of moisture and make them soggy. A paper bag contains minor pores that help with proper ventilation and increase the shelf life of these air-fried pear chips.
How can we dehydrate pears quickly?
Soak the sliced pears in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes. This will reduce the moisture content of pears by osmosis.
Take them out of the water and put them in the air fryer, leaving an inch of space between each slice. It’ll allow proper air flow among the slices. Air fry them at the dehydration setting of 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
Do we have to peel the pears before drying?
It’s better to peel off the pears before dehydrating them because most scleroid cells are present underneath the skin of pears.
Cut the pears into quarters, then use a peeler to remove their skin. Then, cut them into 1/32-inch slices.
Can we dry unripe pears?
Yes. It’s a fantastic option. Use healthy, firm, and unripe pears to make dried chips.
Use a sharp knife to core pears after peeling, slicing, and quartering them. Make 2–4 mm-thick strips lengthwise. Thin slices accelerate the drying process, as thick slices take longer to develop crispiness.
Are dried pears healthy?
Dried pears have a great fiber content that lowers LDL cholesterol. It ultimately lowers your risk of developing heart disease. It also contains Potassium which helps to lower high blood pressure.
Dried and fresh pears also contain antioxidants such as phenols.
Should we blanch the pears before dehydrating them?
It is not necessary to blanch pears before drying.
However, you can pretreat them to avoid browning. Submerge them in acidic water in an acid-resistant bowl. You can make this acidified water using 2 quarts and around 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
Once pretreated with acidified water, dip them in pure orange or pineapple juice for a sweet flavor. Pretreating prevents the browning sticking of the pear chips.
How can we test the dryness of pear chips?
Place the dehydrated pears in a mason jar with an airtight lid to ensure they are dry. Check daily for moisture on the bottom of the lid for the next two to four days.
Dehydrate them again if you notice moisture accumulation on the lid. The method is the same for dried apples, although pears taste sweeter.
Is It Really Possible To Dehydrate In An Air Fryer?
Dehydrating produce in your oven or air fryer is a quick and easy way to increase the shelf life of many of your favorite fruits and vegetables.
While it is easier to dehydrate bigger amounts in an oven, the air fryer works faster due to its controlled and circulating heat. If you use an oven with hot spots, rotate your baking sheets to guarantee even baking.
What Goes Well With Air Fried Pears?
This easy dish provides a great treat or breakfast.
My favorite toppings for cooked pears are simple: a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream, granola or fresh seasonal fruit, honey, or any type of sweet sauce. They pair wonderfully with yogurt or Canadian maple syrup for breakfast.
- Pears are the same fruits as apples, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. They are one of the easiest and healthiest snacks to prepare in the air fryer.
- Some air fryers have a dehydrating mode that helps to dry several fruits, such as apples and pears. You need to cut appropriate slices of these fruits and season them with your favorite spices. Air fry them at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- You can also enjoy your favorite air-fried pears with some other fruit chips. It’ll make a bowl of healthy dried chips! They are high in nutrients that fulfill your daily requirements for fiber.
- They turn out just as well as pear chips purchased from the grocery store, but at cheaper rates and with good-to-go ingredients.