The ideal meal for a family dinner is air-fried peach glazed chicken. People who enjoy chicken will appreciate this recipe. Only three ingredients are needed to prepare this crispy chicken, which is just sweet enough to please everyone.
Air frying is a different type of frying technique, that cooks food with hot air rather than oil. In comparison to deep frying, it takes less time and is healthier for cooking meals.
Chicken breasts cooked in an air fryer come out delicious. With a decadent sticky sweet glaze on top, they are incredibly juicy and moist when they are cooked perfectly.
It is also gluten-free, making it suitable for anyone with food allergies or restrictions. This recipe is wonderful and goes well with rice or couscous.
This recipe can be made with no preparation time. No marinating is necessary because the glaze is rich enough to provide the chicken with an amazing flavor.
Let’s see how this amazing recipe is made in the air fryer.
What are the benefits of air-fried food?
A fan within an air fryer pumps hot air quickly, creating a crisp, golden coating that resembles that of deep-fat frying.
Because air fryers employ hot air and a fan, typically only a spritz of frying oil is required. As a result, air frying is a calorie and fat-reduced substitute for deep frying.
Air fryers drastically cut down on cooking time and generally produce less heat in the kitchen.
Is chicken healthy?
Chicken is nourished with high-quality proteins and has less fat in it, specifically if you eat or prefer lean cuts. Darker cuts like the thigh and drumstick contain more calories than lighter cuts like the breast.
Chicken has a small amount of cholesterol. If you’re on a low-cholesterol diet or at high risk for heart disease, chicken, a food rich in protein, can help with weight management and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Beyond its rich protein content, chicken also contains Choline, Vitamin B 12, Zinc, and Iron.
- Chicken: Use bone-in, legs, thighs, breasts, or wings.
- Peach Preserves: This is the key ingredient for making the glaze. You can use apricot preserves as well.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic, minced.
- Oil: I use olive oil, but canola or vegetable oil can also be used.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce adds a bit of saltiness to the glaze.
- Dijon Mustard: You can also use whole-grain mustard as its substitute.
- Seasonings: Salt, ground black pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Step 1: Whisk together peach preserves, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, chili powder, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan.
Step 2: Simmer for 3 minutes to thicken.
Step 3: Season drumsticks with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Step 4: Spray the air fryer basket. Add drumsticks and give them a light spray.
Step 5: Air Fry at 380 for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over, and lightly spray it with oil again. Air fry at 380 for 8-10 minutes.
Step 6: Brush with glaze, Air fry at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes more.
You can cook the chicken in the air fryer and then create the glaze to save time. As the glaze cools, it will get thicker. It should be briefly reheated if it becomes too thick to brush on the chicken. If necessary, you can add a little water.
- Using peach preserves can save time even though fresh peaches can be used in this recipe. Fresh fruits like peaches are readily accessible all summer long.
- Use fat-free Italian dressing and sugar-free peach preserves to create a tasty Weight Watchers meal that is only 1 point.
- I used chicken thighs for this dish. Furthermore, you can use chicken wings and skinless chicken breasts.
- For creating apricot or honey-glazed chicken for air frying, this recipe can also be made with apricot preserves or honey.
- For up to three to four days, store leftover chicken in the fridge in an airtight container. At 380 degrees Fahrenheit, you can reheat the chicken. Usually, three to four minutes are sufficient for cooking.
Total Calories: 730
|Total fat 20g
|Saturated fat 0g
|Total Carbohydrates 30g
|Dietary fiber 0g
|Trans fat 0g
Can I use frozen chicken to make this recipe?
If you are using frozen chicken, you will need to adjust the cooking time by adding a few minutes. Also, keep in mind that the cooking time will need to be set based on the thickness of the cut.
The time it takes to cook frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer depends on their size. Preheat the air fryer. Set it manually to 400 degrees for a few minutes if it doesn’t automatically do preheating.
For This Recipe, Is It Necessary To Preheat The Air Fryer?
Yes, preheating the air fryer is fundamental for even cooking. If you do not preheat the air fryer, the chicken will remain uncooked from the inside and take extra time.
A quick 3-minute preheating ensures that the chicken breast cooks quickly and evenly. To preheat an air fryer, ensure that all removable parts are clean and dry and inserted into the unit.
What Spices can we use for Peach Glazed Chicken?
Depending on your menu, mix it up. You can use Indian spices, BBQ sauce, Mexican spices, and so on. Whatever is on your menu, this is a quick and tasty method to roast chicken.
Other herbs that can be used to season chicken: Cilantro, Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, and Sage.
Do you put foil on chicken in the air fryer?
Yes, If your air fryer model allows the use of foil, you can cover the chicken in foil before using it.
You can check your manual if you are unsure. To cook the chicken, however, do not use foil if the seasoning contains any acidic elements e.g. tomatoes, chili, citrus.
Do you have to spray chicken with oil in the air fryer?
Air fryers don’t always require oil spray. Some foods you cook in your air fryer already have oil, and any excess oil can make your food too greasy.
The basic answer to that is that it mostly depends on the texture you want and the item you are cooking. Because air fryers don’t end up creating a crispy texture by submerging the food in oil completely.
What are other ways to glaze chicken?
Pomegranate glaze: Uses pomegranate molasses, honey, and black pepper.
Chutney-glazed chicken: Lime juice, chutney, and curry powder.
Maple black pepper glaze: Maple syrup, butter, and black pepper.
Honey-spiced glaze: Olive oil, honey, cinnamon, and paprika.
How do you make juicy chicken with an air fryer?
- Olive oil aids in crisping the skin and also in the meat’s absorption of herbs and spices.
- To achieve consistent cooking, create space between the chicken breasts. Do not overcrowd.
- To avoid mistakenly overcooking the chicken, check the temperature earlier than you might imagine.
- Let the Chicken rest for about 5 min at least before cutting into it. This allows the juices to reabsorb into the chicken instead of spilling onto your plate.
- Chicken is filled with high-quality proteins and doesn’t contain much fat.
- No marinating is necessary because the glaze provides the chicken with many flavors.
- You can use Indian spices, BBQ sauce, and Mexican spices for peach-glazed chicken.
- Air frying is a calorie- and fat-reduced substitute for deep frying.
- To avoid mistakenly overcooking the chicken, check on your chicken after every few minutes.