Marinated pork chops are one of the toughest dishes to make. It has a very narrow index between overcooking and drying out. Lean cuts are even more difficult to cook.
If you also find cooking pork chop hard, worry no more! The air fryer can help you.
Cooking pork chops in the air fryer is simple. It is cooked perfectly without using as much oil or liquid as other methods. The best part is you can prepare these delicious and juicy keto pork chops in less than 8 minutes.
It’s better to choose lean boneless pork chops for this recipe. The time for cooking depends on the thickness of the chops.
The ideal temperature for evenly cooked pork chops is 150 degrees F.
Today, I’ll share the recipe for making pork chops in the air fryer. You’ll get to know a lot. Stay with me till the end.
Marinated Pork Chops: The Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you need to make marinated pork chops in the air fryer. You can mix and match any item according to your taste and convenience.
- Oil and Fat Liquids: 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, walnut oil, canola oil, rapeseed oil, salad dressing, Grecian yogurt, poultry stock, soy sauce, Balsamic vinegar
- Pork: (4 to 6 ounce) 3/4″ thick boneless pork loin chops
- Citrus options: Lemon Juice, Orange Juice, lime juice & Ponzu
- Options for herbs: Salt & Pepper, Cayenne pepper, 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard sauce, clove powder, chili paste, brown sugar, paprika, Italian spices, turmeric, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves, 1 tsp ground coriander, and coarse salt.
- Broccoli and Mushrooms: 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh broccoli florets, 1 & 1/2 cups of a button or shitake mushroom & 1/2 tsp sea salt
- For breading: Two whole eggs, 3/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs
Put all the ingredients and the chops in a large zip-top bag for the marinade. Let it chill for 30 to 24 hours.
Directions For Cooking
- Marinate the pork chops
Rinse and then dry the pork chops with a paper towel. Add olive oil and all the herbs to a large baking dish. Mix them thoroughly until fully blended.
After that, put the chops in the marinade and turn them upside down to give an even coating. For 30 minutes, refrigerate this mixture with a cover. Allow it to warm for 10 minutes at room temperature before starting the cooking process.
Coat the pork chops with egg and bread crumbs. Refrigerate again for an hour.
By marinating pork chops, you soften the flesh and seal it in the juices.
- Air Frying the pork chops
Set the air fryer at 350°F for 20 minutes. After 5 minutes, place the breaded chops in the air fryer. To fry them in batches, layer them using the wire rack or fry them in batches. Flips the chops to the other side halfway through cooking.
Continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 150°F. Cooking time depends upon the thickness of the meat.
Transfer the chops to a serving tray or cutting board and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Preparation of broccoli and mushrooms
Add the broccoli and mushrooms to the air fryer and cook for about 5 minutes or until they become brown and crisp.
Once pork chops cool down at room temperature, serve them with broccoli and mushrooms. The best way to serve air-fired pork chops is with tango dipping sauce.
Recipe For Tango Dipping Sauce
Sauce essentials: 3 tbsp of mayo, 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of apple cider, vinegar, 2 tbsp of honey, and 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
Seasonings for flavor: 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- First, take a small bowl and add all the measured amounts of sauce essentials. Use a wooden spatula to mix them thoroughly.
- Then add the seasoning ingredients to develop a tangy flavor. Stir continuously until you get the mustard yellow color along with consistency.
A single serving of air-fried pork chops contains 282kcal in total. It has 10.1g of fat, 50g of protein, 0.8g of carbohydrates, 0.1g of fiber, and 8g of sugar.
Pork Chops’ Thickness and Time Chart
|11 to 13 minutes
|9 to 11 minutes
Guide for Perfectly Air-fried Pork Chops
Follow these instructions for juicier, flavorful meat when air-frying pork chops, whether you pick bone-in or boneless versions:
- If you’re running out of time, you can choose salt and pepper instead of a marinade. This is just an alternative for juicer versions of marinated pork chops.
- Chops should be marinated for 1 hour to a maximum of 12 hours. They become mushy if marinated for more than 12 hours.
- Before cooking, Bring the chops to room temperature, which takes around 30 minutes, just like with practically any meat.
- Use a thermometer to know the precise temperature of the meat. Before cooking, insert the probe thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat to know if it’s done or not. 140-150F is the ideal internal temperature.
- Give your pork chops 5 minutes to rest before serving to keep their fluid flavor.
Which Pork Chop is Best for Air Frying?
The ideal pork chops for air frying are 3/4 to 1 inch thick, although chops with 1/2 inch thickness are good to go too!
Air fryers can cook pork chops with or without bone with varying cooking periods. There are some considerations to make the most flavorful pork chops.
- Using boneless loin or chops cooks more quickly. The flavor is enhanced with cooking time.
- Choosing pork chops of the same size and thickness ensures even cooking.
- A chop with pinkish-red meat and a marbling texture is ideal. Chops with very pale flesh or dark areas should be avoided.
What is the best temperature to cook pork chops?
A probe or meat thermometer can help you air fry your pork chops at the right temperature. It beeps when the temperature is right. You can also use a standard meat thermometer.
If it reads the internal temperature of 145 to 150 degrees F, it means they are tender and juicy! At this point, you can remove them from the air fryer.
However, there is a slightly greater chance of overcooking or undercooking if you don’t use the thermometer.
Can we cook Frozen Pork Chops in an air fryer?
Yes, indeed! Frozen pork chops take 5 minutes to cook at 400 degrees in an air fryer. They always take a few minutes longer than the fresh ones.
Cook them for 8 minutes, flipped, and fry until they reach 145 degrees F.
How can we store air-fried marinated pork chops?
Leftover pork chops can be frozen for 2 to 3 months or kept in the refrigerator for a few days. You can reheat them in the air fryer.
For reheating the chops, air fry at a low temperature of around 200 degrees F for 10 minutes. However, a few minutes at 400 degrees F will do if you’re short on time.
Check out the video below for more detailed instructions on cooking air-fried pork chops.
How Should Marinated Air-Fried Pork Chops Be Served?
With their gorgeous, sweet-and-sour glaze, these pork chops go well with a variety of side dishes.
I advise attempting:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Mashed Potatoes or Cauliflower Rice
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Mexican Caesar Salad
- Parmesan Cheese Smashed Potatoes
Is Air Fryers Fraudulent?
It’s one of the kitchen tools I use the most and suggest to those who are busy but want to eat healthily.
They may be used to roast meats like these turkey meatballs or veggies like Brussels sprouts to perfection.
If you’re cooking for four or more people, go with a larger air fryer.
To conclude, I’d like to cater these points;
- Air-fried marinated pork chops are evenly cooked in an air fryer. They don’t dry out, nor do they overcook.
- This is because of the hot air circulated across them—Cook for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Using a probe thermometer helps you avoid any cooking problems.
- Air fryers have different cooking ranges for varying thicknesses. I’ve shared the recipe for marinated pork chops and the dipping sauce prepared for serving purposes.
- You can read the article carefully to get all the information you need.