Buttermilk biscuits that are warm and fluffy are a classic. Making biscuits is quite simple! The inside is soft and supple, and the edge is buttery. Perfect with butter and honey or jam.
One of my favorite ways to make a regular breakfast feel special is with biscuits. Additionally, my entire family adores them to no end!
Making some Pillsbury Grands biscuits in the air fryer always works for me when I’m trying to get everyone around the table quickly.
An air fryer’s key benefit is that it heats up very rapidly and intensely, and the moving air helps the food cook evenly, brown, and become crispy without much of your effort. As a result, your cooking time will be reduced.
The golden, crisp, and buttery edge that I adore on biscuits is achieved by cooking them in an air fryer. They make a terrific side dish because they cook a little more quickly than in the oven.
And when you don’t want to turn on your oven, cooking them in the air fryer is a fantastic alternative. Let’s see how to do it.
- Butter – 1/2 cup soft unsalted butter, if you have salted butter, reduce the amount of salt you add.
- Sugar – 2/3 cup powdered sugar, if you like sweet cookies, you can add this amount.
- Egg – 1 egg, beaten, at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for giving flavor.
- Flour – 1 cup of all-purpose flour, measure it by spooning and leveling it.
- Cornstarch – 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon common salt, important for giving a balanced taste.
- Piping bag with Nozzle – for making biscuits.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add butter in it, then add powdered sugar and mix both gently until it’s fluffy and light. Take another bowl, separate the yolk from the egg white and mix the egg yolk with sugar- the butter mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk until well combined. Take all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and salt and sift all this into the mixture, and mix until well combined. Now take a piping bag and cut its corner and fit the nozzle in it. Place the bag in an empty glass or bowl and fill it with cookie butter, you can chill the dough for 1 hour.
- After the process of making the dough, let’s get the air fryer ready!
- In the basket of the air fryers, place baking paper in it and form cookies with pipping bag and brush them with melted butter. Preheat your air fryer to 340 F or 170 centigrade for 12 minutes.
Note: Spray the air fryer basket with some oil to keep the biscuits from sticking. Put the biscuits in a single layer. Make sure to space them out so they aren’t touching & have room to rise & expand.
Here’s a video to help you make the perfect batch of butter cookies in an air fryer:
Tips to Make Butter Cookies Soft and Delicious:
Make sure to follow these tips to make your butter cookies extra delicious while cooking them in an air fryer:
- Add a little extra self-rising flour, one teaspoon at a time, if the dough is too sticky to handle.
- Add a little more milk, one teaspoon at a time, if the dough is too thick and won’t form a ball.
- You can turn the biscuits halfway through cooking if the bottoms are not sufficiently browned to your taste. This is unnecessary in my opinion when using an air fryer.
- Spray oil on biscuits or brush on a thin layer of melted butter. This will aid in absorbing any leftover flour on the tops.
Serving size: 1 (45g)
Total calories: 210
Amount per serving for daily values based on 2000 calories daily:
Why aren’t my Biscuits fluffy?
If your biscuits are not fluffy after getting done, then these common mistakes might be the reason for it:
- The air fryer is not hot enough when putting the biscuits in it.
- You’re overcrowding the basket.
- You have added more liquid.
What to serve with air fryer biscuits?
If you desire to prepare a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, there are many tasty ways to serve these biscuits, they get along well with:
- Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Country Gravy.
- Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Beef Stew.
- Garlic Red Skin Mashed Potatoes.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff.
Can you put foil in the air fryer?
Using aluminum foil in your air fryer is completely safe. In fact, it might make the cooking procedure simpler and easier.
The air fryer will require less cleanup time and produce less mess if aluminum foil is used. This means that the tiny crumbs and sauces have no chance to create havoc in the air fryer.
Here’s how to insert foil if you’re using it:
- Fold the aluminum foil’s sides inward so that it fits snugly inside the basket.
- Insert the foil into the area you want to cover or wrap it around.
- Avoid covering the fan or heating element with foil.
How can you cook canned biscuits in an air fryer?
The air fryer method is ideal for making crispy and flaky canned biscuits.
Because of the hot air circulation, the biscuits get an amazing crisp texture and are cooked to perfection. Depending on the model of air fryer you have, you might need to flip them to ensure thorough cooking.
Why are butter cookies the best option to make in an air fryer?
I adore this biscuit recipe, and air frying them is now my new favorite way to prepare them. Of course, I still adore my Skillet Biscuits. But this recipe is ideal if you want to make a more conventional form of biscuits.
- No need for shortening; only 6 basic components!
- They taste so much better than biscuits from a can
- There are many hints, so they will be a success on the first attempt
- Mile-high biscuits that are flaky, buttery, and perfect!
What is the best way to reheat air fryer biscuits?
It’s a quite simple and fantastic way to enjoy biscuits the next day, simply reheat them in the air fryer. What you should do is:
- Set the rack with the biscuits on it. If you’re concerned about sticking, you can use a little cooking spray on the rack, but if you’re only reheating, you shouldn’t experience any issues.
- Put the biscuits in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes at 350 °F.
How can I tell if my dough has been overworked?
It doesn’t take much to overwork the dough, and you might not even realize you’re doing it until you bite into a tough biscuit.
Biscuit dough can have a scruffy appearance. It does not have to be smooth like bread dough. Fold the dough rather than stirring it once it has been entirely integrated.
- You can substitute unflavored almond milk, buttermilk, skin, or 2% milk for whole milk.
- There is numerous vegan butter available that can be used in this recipe.
- When creating the biscuit dough, just make sure the vegan butter is cool. Vegetable shortening can also be used.
- You can flavor the biscuits with other seasonings such as cheddar cheese or jalapenos.
- The golden, crisp, and buttery edge on biscuits is achieved by cooking them in an air fryer.
- Leftover biscuits can be reheated in the air fryer.
- Using aluminum foil in your air fryer is completely safe.
- You can serve butter cookies made in an air fryer for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with some extra sidelines.