Make a delicious, effortless French bread pizza in the air fryer in 10 minutes! You can make the pizza from scratch or buy frozen ones in the market.
Bread pizza, or pizza toast, is made with thin sandwich bread slices topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and other toppings.
To cook pizza in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes. Then place the bread topped with sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings in the air fryer basket and let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
After a minute of cooling, remove the pizza, and serve it with ketchup.
Preheating the air fryer is necessary to make bread pizza. Please make sure the air fryer is set at an accurate temperature before you put bread pizza in it to cook.
Today, I’ll share the recipe for making French bread pizza. All you need to do is stick with me till the end. We’ll also take a look at the queries regarding frozen air-fried foods.
So let’s get started.
What Do You Need To Make French Bread Pizza?
It takes less than 10 minutes to make french bread pizza, which is great for packing lunches for kids or preparing a quick snack for your family. You can make many variations while making a personalized french bread pizza. You’ll need the following to make one:
The recipe is designed especially for french bread, but if you want, you can use any bread you like, as there are multiple alternatives available. To create unique recipes, you can use options such as naan, pita, halved bagels, halved sandwich rolls, English muffins, and thick sourdough loaf slices.
A loaf of whole-grain french bread is also a healthy option to make a nutritious pizza. Although whole grains give your body a healthy boost, you may use any bread you have according to your taste.
Choosing multiple toppings provides you with a variety of flavors and tastes. You can use pepperoni, sausage, green bell pepper, artichoke & ricotta, beef, basil, tomato, black olives, mushrooms, or chicken.
After french bread, the sauce is the key ingredient that makes your recipe hit or miss.
You can use homemade tomato and marinara sauce or buy your favorite pizza sauce from a local store. Pizza sauce jars are conveniently available at most stores and online.
Shredded mozzarella is the most common type of cheese. Feta, parmesan, and pecorino are also a few popular kinds of cheese used in bread pizza.
Excess pizza sauce and cheese can create a mess in the air fryer. Therefore, ensure you won’t overload your bread with sauce and cheese, and don’t cook for more than 10 minutes.
How To Make French Bread Pizza in an Air fryer?
Making an easy French bread pizza only requires a few simple steps.
Start with toasting the french bread. Toasting the bread adds more crispness to the pizza crust. You can toast the bread on the stove or directly in the air fryer.
Step 1: Set the temperature of the air fryer at 400°F for 3 mins. Line a baking sheet with room for 2 slices. Apply butter or olive oil to one side of the bread and place them in the oven. Flip the slices of bread after 3 minutes. Let the other side of the bread bake for 2 mins before applying the sauce and toppings. You can choose to toast the bread in the oven.
Step 2: Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on the cut side of the bread. Then add shredded mozzarella, evenly distributed on the slice.
Step 3: You can saute the veggies on the stove first to make sure they cook properly in the air fryer. Then, assemble the pizza toppings, including onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and olives (or whatever your choice of toppings is). Spread the vegetables evenly without over-packing the french bread.
Step 4: Next, top it all with some more cheese. Don’t overdo the cheese, as it will melt and create a mess in the air fryer. Finally, add spices to taste, such as oregano, pepper, or red pepper flakes.
Let the french bread pizza cook for 6 minutes or until the cheese melt perfectly. Remove the slices from the air fryer and serve with ketchup or mustard sauce.
The video below gives a short tutorial on air-fried French pizza.
How To Bake French Bread Pizza In The Oven?
Have a look at the instructions below if you want to bake your pizza in an oven:
- Place slices of bread with cheese and veggie toppings on a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 f for 3 minutes.
- Bake the bread for 7-8 minutes at 400°F in the oven or until the cheese is melted.
Finally, serve with any sauce you want.
Why Bake Bread Pizza in the Air fryer?
Air-fried pizza is budget-friendly and takes less time than preparing the whole pizza from scratch.
You can make these pizza toasts for your lunch in less than 10 minutes. Everyone loves to eat a healthy version of pizza bites. Make one for yourself and your loved ones!
Plus, It’s a great idea for the younger ones at your home. They’ll love the cheesy pizza toast with a crunch flavor!
Calories In A Frozen French Pizza
Pizza prepared at home is beautiful since there are many different topping options. The top five taste combinations that I like are listed below.
- Veggie Supreme: For veggies supreme, add 1 tablespoon each of sliced cherry tomatoes and olives, plus 2 tablespoons of chopped red onions. You may include bell peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini as well.
- Pineapple lovers: Add 1/4 cup of pickled pineapple, fresh pineapple, and cooked sausage pieces cut into quarter-inch rounds.
- Spinach, Corn, and Mushrooms: Use1/4 a cup of chopped baby spinach, 2 tablespoons sliced mushrooms, and 3 tablespoons corn kernels.
- Adding store-bought white garlic sauce to French bread pizzas is one of my favorite modifications. Brush some marinara on the bread to add a little flavor,
Get creative, and you can add more toppings to your pizza. Just be sure that if you’re using any protein, like chicken, cook it beforehand.
Is It Necessary To Preheat The Air Fryer For Bread Pizza?
Preheating the air fryer boosts the cooking procedure. Plus, It saves time and energy! For instance, if your cooking time is 10 minutes, then 3 minutes of preheating will prevent you from having to cook the food for additional minutes!
In a preheated air fryer, bread pizza cooks faster than in a not preheated air fryer. Moreover, you can prepare your pizza toast and put it straight into the basket without further waiting. Not only that, it ensures a properly cooked meal with a smooth texture.
How do we do it?
Decide the temperature you need to cook. Or you can go with the temperature specified in the instructions.
Press “on” and wait for 3-5 minutes. Generally, it is advisable to preheat for 2 minutes for smaller air fryers. Note that small means less than 3 Quartz. Most people recommend 5 minutes for larger air fryers.
Everything depends on the kind of cuisine you’re preparing and the size of your air fryer. Despite the benefits, nothing will go wrong if you don’t preheat the air fryer. You just have to cook the food for extra minutes.
How Do I Keep My French Bread Pizza From Soggy?
Preheat your air fryer before adding the pizza bread for extra crispy bread. Also, don’t overdo the sauce or you’ll wind up with a soggy pizza.
The inside of your pizza should be baked to a temperature that prevents it from becoming soggy, but not so much that it becomes raw and disgusting to eat. This will have an impact on the flavor, taste, and texture of your pizza, making it less enjoyable to eat.
Tips to Improve Your French Bread Pizza
I have added a few tips to improve your french bread pizza below.
- If you like your pizza with a kick, add some garlic or red pepper flakes.
- BACON!!! It improves everything and can definitely improve your pizza.
- If desired, blend your cheese. In my perspective, any cheese is a fantastic choice.
- Use the air fryer to reheat any leftovers. At 300 degrees F, it should only take around 5 minutes.
- If you don’t like tomato sauce on your pizza, substitute alfredo or a cheese sauce for the marinara.
To conclude, I’d say that;
- Air fryers are bound to make your life easier and healthier at the same time. You can try multiple recipes in your air fryer, avoiding the effort of conventional fryers.
- French bread pizza toasts are new in town. There are two options: air fry the frozen ready-made pizza, or make your personalized pizza at home with innovative toppings.
- I’ve given some suggestions for the toppings with a glimpse of the instructions.
- You can follow them and have memorable experiences with your air fryer.