As a foodie, I love trying multiple dishes in my air fryer. Cookies have been on my bucket list for a very long time. So I thought I would give cookies a try in my air fryer.
Guess what? They came out super crispy from the outside and deliciously moist from the inside.
It takes 25 percent less time to bake perfect cookies in an air fryer than in a traditional oven.
You don’t need to preheat the air fryer. Just line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. On top of the parchment, place a tiny ball of cookie dough or three or four already-cut cookies. At 320 F, air fry the dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
That’s it; the quick and yummy cookies will be ready to serve.
Last weekend, I tried out chocolate chip cookies in my air fryer. And they also came out extremely yummy. I’ll give you a guide on the recipe for air frying cookies.
Plus, we’ll address some FAQs regarding air fryers and the best way of making cookies in them.
Let’s get to the recipe.
Is It Really Possible To Bake Cookies In An Air Fryer?
A basic chocolate chip cookie bakes for five minutes at 350°F and comes out in a perfect manner.
Most cookies, however, can be assembled in an air fryer. Reduce the heat on the machine by around 25°F for air frying (for example, if a cookie recipe asks for 350°F in a regular oven, set it to roughly 325°). It’s quite simple to modify.
How Long May Cookies Be Kept In The Air Fryer?
325°F Air Fryer for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and cooked thoroughly. Allow cookies to rest in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes before extracting.
You can substitute aluminum foil for parchment paper, but you cannot bake cookies on the air fryer rack without the batter leaking through the perforations. If desired, you can bake them directly in the air fryer without a basket.
Small foil pans (think take-out foil pans) also work nicely as air fryer liners.
You will need the following items besides an air fryer and parchment paper to make chocolate chip cookies:
3/2 salted butter, 2 large eggs, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, nutmeg, 2 cups all-purpose flour, salt, bread soda, white chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, chocolate candies, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and chopped pecans.
Walnuts can also be included when using milk chocolate chips.
I can prepare these cookies without heating my entire kitchen. The air fryer bake cookies in only a few minutes. The texture of the cookies yields gooey, soft, and buttery.
A Guide to Air Frying Cookies
Now let’s have a look at the step-by-step procedure:
- First, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar to a large bowl. Combine and mix until it turns to be creamy and white.
- Then add eggs, vanilla essence, salt, baking soda, and half of the flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the butter mixture until well combined. When the cookie dough is thick and creamy, add the remaining flour and continue mixing on medium speed.
- After the dough has been combined, whisk in the optional nuts and chocolate chips. Make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Make small balls of dough using a tiny cookie scoop.
Add parchment paper to the basket. On top of the parchment paper, put the dough balls and air fry them at 320 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
Finally, serve with tea or coffee! That’s a very quick and easy recipe.
What Temperature Is Ideal For Air-Fried Cookies?
Air frying at 320°F is ideal for making brown and soft cookies.
The quickest and simplest way to satisfy a craving for chocolate chip cookies is to bake chilled cookie dough in an air fryer. Cookies cooked in the air fryer are soft and chewy.
Before placing the cookies, place parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer’s basket. Put flattened cooking doughs on the parchment paper.
I usually place four cookies at a time. Cookies should be browned on top after 5 minutes of air frying at 320°F.
After removing the basket, let it cool for 5 minutes. Serve your cookies with any hot beverage you like!
Tips For Best Air-Fried Cookies:
Here are some suggestions for making the best cookies ever.
- Add a liner to the air fryer basket to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Use parchment paper if you want. Make a few holes in it first.
- Give the cookies room in the air fryer basket for them to rise and spread. Cookies are done when they turn brown.
- Large chocolate chip cookies took 10 minutes to cook in my Cosori air fryer. Testing one batch at a time is better, as every model differs in time and temperature.
- Do not take out the cookies from the air fryer right away. That’ll cause a mess! They are still flimsy and prone to disintegrating.
- Before taking them out of the air fryer, let them cool for a while.
- Before baking, it’s better to refrigerate the dough as it helps to solidify the butter, flour, sugar, and salt. As a result, the cookies will bake with less spreading and turn out crispy and chewy!
- Try baking your cookies with dark and milk chocolate chips. You can also choose roughly chopped chocolate bars.
If you still don’t own an air fryer and are planning to get one, here I’ve listed some of the best air fryers available on Amazon. To make it more clear I’ve mentioned the prices too.
|Best Air Fryers
|Ninja Foodi Dual Zone Air Fryer
|Philips Air Fryer XXL
|Nutribullet XXL Digital Air Fryer
|Healthy Choice 8L Digital Air Fryer
Air-Fried Cookies; My Experience
Remember that homemade cookies won’t ever look like the ones you buy! I’ll share some things I discovered while making cookies in my air fryer. These are purely my experience-based facts.
The cookies broke into small bits as they emerged from the vent holes when I tried them at 350° for 5-7 minutes. I tried baking the cookies on parchment paper in the air fryer. But they came out with a parched texture and an ugly, spherical shape that remained black.
So I reduced the temperature to 320 F on my second try and gave them a nice 10 minutes to cook properly. That’s how I find the right temperature for my air fryer. I suggest you also make a batch of a few first to check if the temperature and time mentioned in my recipe work well with your air fryer.
A thermometer is a must if you want your cookies to be baked at the right temperature.
Another important thing is that chocolate chips are made to withstand heat while maintaining their form. If you use inexpensive chips, they may melt and create a mess.
You can consider these tips while carrying out the process. Try a different recipe if others have disappointed you.
The Best Recipe For Cookies; Why And How?
An excellent cookie recipe must contain various textures and flavors that contrast with one another.
A little bit of salt is necessary to balance the sweetness. You can also use instant coffee; the cookie is sweet, but the coffee is harsh; the contrast between sweet and bitter will balance semisweet.
This bitterness works with the chocolate to make it taste even more chocolatey. It provides a great counterpoint to the sweet dough.
Using milk chocolate in this recipe would be a mistake; instead, use bittersweet and semisweet chocolate.
You can add your favorite nuts. Walnuts are a favorite addition to my chocolate chip cookies. They offer crunch, a pleasant nutty flavor, and a tinge of bitterness that contrasts with the chocolate’s bittersweet flavor.
The roasted nuts also offer a delightful crunch to your cookies. The dough’s interior remains mushy and squishy, while the exterior becomes crisp and brown.
In Addition, you can scoop the dough using a two-teaspoon scoop and then chill them in the refrigerator before baking to prevent spreading.
To conclude, I’d like to tell you the reason why I bake cookies in an air fryer!
- For me, air fryer cookies are one of the best things. They get ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Plus, you don’t need to preheat the air fryer. The most annoying aspect of using an oven is having to wait at least 15 minutes for it to heat up before baking anything. You can completely avoid this step by using an air fryer!
- If you have an air fryer, you know how constrained the cooking area can be. Since you can only create a few at a time, this is ideal for desserts made in small batches.
- You must try making cookies in your air fryer. At least once! Keep in mind the temperature, time, and precautions to avoid hazards.