Air fryer cheeseburgers are also known as “fun snacks.” It is a quick snack loved by kids and adults. They work well as an appetizer and are ideal for a quick snack. Even if you haven’t tried them yet, now you have to!
This recipe uses only a few ingredients and is fast and simple. You can try the flaky biscuit version to enhance the taste, topped with cheese.
You can make an ideal filling by mixing chopped bacon and Montreal steak with ground beef.
Let’s get to the details!
- 8 oz crescent roll dough
- 1 ½ cups cheddar or American Quartered Cheese
- 1 lb of 80 % Lean Ground Beef or cooked bacon (6 slices)
- 1 teaspoon of the seasoning for 1/4 ounce each of Montreal steak
- Ketchup, mustard, and pickle slices for serving
Directions To Cook
- First, set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for preheating.
- Make meatballs using hamburger meat, ground beef, or ground control steak. Air fry them for 10 to 12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let them cool once air-fried.
- Now lay the dough out on a clean, flat surface. Add cheese to the top of each sheet.
- Place a meatball on top of the cheese and then roll the dough by pinching it into a circular ball with your hands.
- The uncooked versions of cheeseburger bombs are ready. They can be stored and prepared ahead of time and air-fried whenever needed.
- After that, insert the cheeseburger bombs into the air fryer’s basket. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Once ready, remove the cheeseburger bombs carefully and eat them, then dunk them with your preferred condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, or homemade burger sauce.
- Use Montreal steak, turkey, or bacon to replace ground beef.
- Substitute cheddar cheese or cream cheese for American cheese
- Add hot sauce, spicy mustard, and BBQ sauce to the burger bombs.
- Pizza dough or puff pastry can replace the dough or bun.
- Homemade garlic mayo or mustard sauces are the ideal dipping sauces.
- Use oregano, paprika, pickle relish, or sesame seeds to enhance the flavor.
- Diced jalapenos, onions, or even small chunks of bacon give an extra sweet yet sour taste.
Nutritional information for a single serving of homemade cheeseburger:
Tips & Suggestions
Tip 1: The temperature control of an air fryer varies according to the brand and model of your air fryer. The size of the air fryer plays an integral role too. Consult the manual to determine the exact cooking temperature specified for each recipe.
Tip 2: It is not mandatory to preheat the air fryer. Start by adjusting the temperature. Do not use parchment paper while preheating the air fryer. Use it only for food that has to be cooked.
Tip 3: This recipe uses a 3.7-quart air fryer. The larger batch sizes can be cooked in a single batch of a 6-quart model, whereas this air fryer cooks larger servings in two batches.
Tip 4: Place the cheeseburger bombs by leaving spaces between them to allow proper airflow. It ensures even and thorough cooking.
Tip 4: Use ground beef, Montreal steak, or bacon slices separately or make a mixture. It is advisable to choose 80 percent lean ground beef for filling.
Check the video below to learn more about air-fried cheeseburgers:
Recipe For Burger Sauce
You can serve these amazing cheeseburgers with homemade burger sauce. 7 simple ingredients are needed to prepare this tasty sauce. This sauce adds a creamy and tangy taste to your burgers.
- 2 tbsp tomato juice
- 2 tbsp of Lemon juice with Dijon mustard
- Pickle juice and pickle chips
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Take a large bowl and pour the small packet of mayonnaise into it. Combine the measured amount of remaining ingredients in this bowl. Give it a proper mix with a spatula until properly mixed.
Pour the sauce into an airtight jar and store it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks. Its flavor improves over time. So don’t worry about making it and storing it longer.
Homemade Mayo Recipe
- One large egg
- 3/4 cup avocado oil or light-tasting oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a wide-mouth jar, one by one.
- Blend it well to create an emulsion. Place the immersion blender in a jar with a blade over the egg yolk and switch it on. It’ll create a consistent mix.
- The egg will blend with the oil after 5 to 10 seconds. Slowly raise the immersion blender to collect the oil. It’ll take 35 to 45 seconds.
- This recipe yields 1 cup of creamy, thick mayonnaise. Place it in the refrigerator for a few hours to thicken and settle.
As you can see, it’s extremely simple and quick to make homemade mayo. Additionally, it is designed with all preparation protocols in mind. However, not everyone can achieve perfection! Let’s see the differences between homemade mayo and commercial mayo.
The burger sauce made from homemade mayo is creamier and juicier than ready-made mayonnaise. The flavor is slightly different from the other one.
Homemade mustard sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cups mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Half a cup of white vinegar
- Take a small saucepan and add 1 cup of water and a measured amount of mustard powder, turmeric, garlic, and paprika. Warm it up on low-medium heat.
- It will have a paste-like consistency after 30 minutes of constant stirring.
- Add the vinegar and boil it for 10 minutes with continuous stirring or until it thickens.
- Cool it to room temperature, then pour it into an airtight container.
- Refrigerate it for up to 3 months.
Chicken BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups of ketchup
- a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce
- Two diced chipotle chiles
- 3 fresh garlic cloves
- All ingredients, except the garlic cloves, should be combined in a saucepan and slowly brought to a boil.
- After lowering the heat to low or medium, add the garlic cloves.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes, and then remove the garlic cloves.
- Transfer the sauce to a glass jar and refrigerate it for up to 2 months.
Can I use frozen meatballs for this recipe?
You can use premade or frozen meatballs for this recipe. You have to increase the cooking time when using frozen meatballs. Plus, check halfway through the recipe to avoid under and overcooking.
How long should we air fry the cheeseburger?
Air fry the cheeseburger for 8 to 12 minutes in an air fryer.
Put the meatballs in the air fryer and cook at 400°F for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Top with American cheese and air fry for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
I would like to conclude with:
- An air fryer is a countertop appliance that can cook various dishes with only a small amount of oil.
- Cheeseburger bombs are made in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit within 10 to 12 minutes.
- It’s extremely juicy and tasty and works well as a side dish and appetizer. It’s a quick and easy meal that friends and family love.
- These cheeseburger bombs are filled with meatballs made with ground beef or bacon. Pizza dough or crescent rolls provide a bold look to the recipe.
- Overall, it’s a very easy and delicious recipe that pairs well with some creamy homemade burger sauces.