This air fryer cake is moist and tender! It’s so simple to use a boxed cake mix in the air fryer. Simply combine the boxed cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a mixing bowl. Then place it in the air fryer to cook, and you’ll have a perfectly cooked cake ready to eat in under 35 minutes!
So, let’s start with this amazing recipe for an air fryer cake mix.
How To Make Air Fryer Cake Mix?
This is one of the best air fryer cake recipes! Using a box cake mix in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to bake the most perfectly baked moist cake you’ve ever had without even turning on your oven!
I guarantee that once you try this air fryer cake, you will reconsider everything you thought you knew about baking. And your friends and family will adore this delectable cake.
They’ll be surprised at how delicious an air fryer-made yellow box cake can be!
It’s never been easier to make boxed cake in an air fryer! It’s a one-bowl recipe that requires few ingredients and creates almost no mess.
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- 2 cups yellow cake mix, boxed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup oil 1/2 cup water
Only 2 cups of boxed yellow cake mix are required. I reduced the recipe to make just the right amount of batter for the air fryer.
Directions To Make Air Fryer Cake Mix
• To begin, spray or grease your baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter to prevent the air fryer cake from sticking.
• Pour and mix the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Then add the water and oil, whisking everything together. Finally, stir in the 2 cups of boxed cake mix with a large spoon until the batter is well combined.
• After that, place your baking pan in the air fryer basket. Then, in the prepared pan, pour the cake batter. To bake, place the air fryer basket in the air fryer and cook for 30 minutes at 320 °F.
• After 30 minutes, pierce your air fryer cake with a toothpick, which should come out clean when the cake is fully baked. If your cake isn’t quite done, return it to the air fryer for another 5 minutes at the same temperature.
• Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan with the air fryer basket removed. When the cake has cooled, remove it from the pan and serve.
How Can You Store Air Fryer Cake Mix?
When stored in a container or covered, this air fryer cake keeps well at room temperature for up to a week.
You can also freeze this cake in an airtight container or sealed bag for months.
Just make sure the cake is completely cool before storing it in a container or bag to avoid condensation, which can cause the cake to become mushy.
What to Make With an Air Fryer Cake Mix?
Cake made in the air fryer is delicious on its own, but it also makes an excellent base for a more elaborate dessert.
So, if you want to spice up your air fryer cake, here are a few of my favorite recipes that go great with cake.
- Easy Fried Apples Chocolate
- Banana Dairy-Free Ice Cream
- Sugar-Free Keto Whipped Cream
- Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
Check out the following video to know more about cake mix in the air fryer.
Is It Okay to use any Brand of Cake Mix?
Yes! This recipe can be made with any boxed cake mix.
The main thing is to simply follow the recipe below and use only 2 cups of the boxed mix. This ensures that you make the correct amount of batter for the air fryer and that your cake turns out perfectly.
So use whatever brand of boxed yellow cake mix you want.
Is Baking Powder Necessary When Making a Box Cake?
No, it is not necessary to use baking powder in a box cake.
You only need to add what is described on the box’s side. Typically, this consists of eggs, butter, and, in some cases, milk.
How Can I Tell If My Cake Is Ready?
It is very simple to tell if your cake is done. Pinch the cake in the center with a bamboo skewer, a large toothpick, or a metal skewer.
You can tell if your cake is done by looking at the following:
When the skewer comes out clean, the cake is ready.
Crumbly bits- if the skewer comes out with some crumbly bits of cake mix, it means the cake is almost done. You just have to increase the baking time by 5 minutes and then check again.
Soft batter – if the skewer comes out with soft batter attached, the cake is not done and needs to be baked for at least 10 minutes longer.
How Can You Store Air Fryer Cake Mix?
If you have leftover cake, you have several options for storing it.
Allow the cake to cool completely before storing it in any case at room temperature.
If you intend to serve this cake within a day or two, keep it at room temperature. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap or thin foil and store it in a plastic bag.
Refrigerator – Wrap the cake in the Air Fryer cake pan in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to three days.
You can freeze this cake if you want to keep it for a longer period. All you have to do is just cut the cake into many pieces as per your desire. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap or foil and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can You Make Air Fryer Cake in Advance?
Yes, you can make an Air Fryer cake up to two days ahead of time.
You can refrigerate the cake covered in aluminum foil or plastic wrap until ready to serve. It is critical to cover the cake pan to avoid a dry cake.
You may not realize it, but your cake continues to lose moisture in the refrigerator.
So let your cake cool completely before wrapping it and putting it in the fridge as soon as possible.
- Air fryer cake mix is a one-bowl and mess-free recipe that requires only a few ingredients to get started with.
- To check whether the cook is done or not, insert a toothpick or skewer in the cake, if it comes out clean, it means the cake is ready. If it doesn’t come out clean that means the cake isn’t ready and increases its cooking time.
- If you have leftovers, then place the cake in the aluminum foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.