The air fryer is a new kitchen appliance that uses air to fry food. It is an excellent option for people who love fried dishes but don’t want to fry them whenever they want to cook. It’s also a great option if you are on a diet and want to save calories.
On the other hand, George Foreman Grill is an appliance in which two hot plates are combined to grill food. Whatever food you would place between these plates will be grilled perfectly. It is widespread to cook the chicken as it is slightly titled to let the oil separate from the food while grilling.
If we talk about the healthier option, an Air fryer and George Foreman Grill are healthy appliances to cook food as they require much less oil. But for a better comparison, let’s look at their key features.
What is an Air Fryer?
The air fryer is effectively a more powerful countertop convection oven that does not actually fry your food. The small appliance, patented by Philips Electronics Company, claims to replicate the results of deep-frying using only hot air and little or no oil.
This device has grown in popularity in recent years, with nearly 40% of U.S. homes owning one by July 2020, according to market research firm NPD Group. You can air-fry anything, from freezing chicken wings and homemade french fries to toasted vegetables and fresh-baked cookies.
Key Features of Air Fryer
- An air fryer is a multifunctional appliance that allows you to fry, cook and brown your food. But every air fryer is different so it’s better to read its instructions carefully before cooking.
- Another good part of the air fryer is that it comes with a nonstick coating that prevents food from sticking to the surface, so you can cook even delicate food like fish and skewers without being worried about food sticking to the surface.
- The air fryer is designed in a unique way in which its basket has small holes in it through which hot air is passed to cook food thoroughly. It also aims to strain the extra fat from the meat to its surface.
What is George Foreman Grill?
In 1994, George Foreman introduced the first indoor electrically heated grill to the public.
George Foreman, the man after whom the grill is named, is a former boxing champion. The George Foreman Grill is designed in the shape of a clamshell, with an indented heating surface that slants downward to drain liquid fat away from the food.
Since the original George Foreman Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine, several versions of the indoor grill have been produced.
Key Features of George Foreman Grill
- When you cook food on a grill, the fat drips away as it is slightly tilted and provides you with clean fat-free meat. It has a separate portion to store fat.
- George Foreman Grill is easier to clean as compared to other indoor grills; also, it doesn’t need oil for cleaning but a simple dishwasher is enough and yes, it is dishwasher safe.
- George Foreman Grill preheat time is very quick and it doesn’t take long to preheat. This grill cooks the meat from both sides hence it takes you less time and energy to cook food.
Check out the following video to learn about how George Foreman Grill works.
As you can see, both appliances have many advantages and key features, but you cannot forget that no electronic device is perfect and error-free. For an intelligent purchase, you must know the drawbacks of the appliance you are buying.
So, I’m going to list some of the drawbacks of Air fryers and George Foreman for your understanding.
Drawbacks of Air fryer
An air fryer is impressive but has some limitations, making it hard to cook most meals in different ways. The air fryer size and basket can limit your options for cooking. You have to put food in batches to make it cook evenly and thoroughly.
Another weak point of the Air fryer is that its basket size is not more than a 6-inches, no matter what model size you choose. So, not every food can fit into that basket.
Drawbacks of George Foreman Grill
First, George Foreman Grill is not for everyone as it has a fat-cutting feature, so it is not a good option for people with low cholesterol health issues.
You can not put the George Foreman grill near flammable objects as it is dangerous and could catch fire. So, you have to be extra careful while dealing with this grill.
While it is entirely safe to wash its drip tray by dishwasher easily, its grilling plate is not easy to clean and can give you a challenging time.
Check out the following chart to learn about the significant differences between an Air fryer and George Foreman Grill.
|In terms of
|George Foreman Grill
|The air fryer can grill, roast, broil, fry, and bake.
|It has only one cooking mode, which is grilling.
|You can use an additional wire rack in the air fryer to cook more food at a time.
|It has nine serving version
|Big in size and cannot be taken everywhere.
|It is compact and can easily be carried around.
|It uses hot air to cook food which is a healthy way.
|Food is cooked on hot plates and even drips away extra fat from the food.
|An air fryer is not hard to clean
|George Foreman grill clean-up process is difficult
|An air fryer is expensive
|George foreman grill is cheaper than an air fryer
It is also important to note that the quality of the George Foreman grill is good because you buy it from one company which is famous and trustworthy and by reading its reviews I believe that people are happy and satisfied by its quality.
However, when it comes to air fryers, there is no specific brand, they are plenty that cannot be easily trusted. So, you must do a lot of research before buying a good brand air fryer.
Is Air Fryer better than George Foreman Grill?
Air fryer and George Foreman Grill are almost the same in terms of cooking healthy meals; they both cook meals without oil and fat.
But If I talk about the cooking methods, an Air fryer can be used to fry, broil, grill, and roast, while a George Foreman grill is only used for grilling.
Is George Foreman Grill healthy?
Yes, George Foreman Grill is healthy.
George Foreman is designed in a manner even to squeeze extra fat and oil from the food and provide you with leaner and fat-free food.
It also has a separate portion to store extra fat from the food, which is an outstanding feature.
Also, George foreman grill is an old trustworthy brand, so you can buy it without worrying about its quality.
Can an Air fryer replace a grill?
Yes, an Air fryer can replace a grill easily because the Air fryer is a versatile appliance in which you can perform different actions to cook your food.
An air fryer is also an option to grill in which you can roast an entire chicken that would be similar in taste to the one you have on the grill.
- Air fryer and George Foreman Grill are both healthy and worth buying because of their features.
- George Foreman Grill can be used for bigger families as its cooking capacity is good.
- While an air fryer is suitable for fewer people as its capacity for cooking is not suitable for daily use.
- George Foreman Grill is titled so that it can separate extra oil from food.