It’s so simple to cook turkey breast in the air fryer. I enjoy roasted turkey, but it seems to be reserved for special occasions.
Every year, I look forward to making the big meal and knowing we’ll have leftover turkey. However, I lack the time to roast a turkey, even a small one for dinner.
This simple dinner can be made as a weeknight meal or as a holiday meal for a small group. Air frying turkey breast also saves oven space. You have the option of using bone-in or boneless turkey breast.
But, with a cooking time of less than an hour, I believe we can make turkey breast every week. And this boneless breast has the most beautiful brown skin and tender meat.
Why Will You Enjoy This Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe?
I have shown a few reasons to love this recipe below.
- Garlic and fresh herbs infuse the savory turkey flavor.
- Turkey breast that is tender and juicy with crispy skin
- It only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- In an hour, it cooks
- Saves valuable oven space Ideal for smaller Thanksgiving dinners
Can you cook turkey breast in an Air fryer?
Yes, you can cook a turkey breast without any worry in an air fryer.
Roasting a whole turkey takes all day, but roasting a turkey breast in the air fryer takes less than an hour!
This allows every family to enjoy a healthy roasted turkey main dish every week rather than just once a year.
how long should I cook a turkey breast in an air fryer?
Cooking turkey in an air fryer is simple and easy. You can cook for 40 minutes at 360°F (182°C), flipping the turkey breasts halfway through.
Check that your turkey is at least 165°F before removing it from the air fryer.
how do you cook a 3-pound turkey breast in an air fryer?
This recipe is so quick and simple to make! You only need a few herbs and spices, which you most likely already have on hand.
- Bone-in turkey: Because it has so much flavor, I used a bone-in turkey! A 3- to 4-pound turkey will be ideal.
I rubbed the turkey with olive oil to ensure that the spices adhered well to it.
- Italian seasoning: You can use store-bought Italian seasoning or make your own, it only takes 5 minutes.
- Paprika: I adore the sweet flavor that paprika adds to this turkey!
- Garlic powder: The garlic powder complements the paprika and Italian seasoning so well. The combination will knock your socks off!
- Salt and pepper: Use as much or as little as you like depending on the flavor you want!
- Butter: This keeps the turkey moist and adds a rich flavor.
Rub the turkey in olive oil and seasonings: Rub the turkey in olive oil. Combine the Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over the turkey’s skin.
Add the butter: Place a slice of butter under the skin of the turkey. Cook for 20 minutes at 350°F. Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your turkey until a thermometer registers 165°F.
Allow it to rest before slicing: Allow the turkey to rest for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.
what temperature do you air fry a turkey at?
You can cook your turkey breast at about 350 degrees F or 400 degrees F. Every air fryer has different results of temperature and timing, so it can be trial and error the first time so that you learn.
Do keep on checking your turkey if you’re cooking it in an air fryer for the first time, trust me you don’t want it to go bad since it can overcook easily.
tips on making the perfect turkey breast
- Remember to thaw it! Turkeys can take a long time to defrost! Make sure to put your turkey in the fridge a few days before you intend to cook it.
- Even if you want to make a skinless version, leave the skin on for roasting. During roasting, the skin helps to keep the moisture in.
- This air fryer boneless turkey breast should not be made with frozen meat. If your meat is frozen, it should be defrosted for at least 24 hours.
- Cooking time will vary depending on your model and the size of the turkey breast you’re using. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the roast reaches an internal temperature of 170°F.
- This step is frequently overlooked because everyone is eager to eat! I completely understand. But this is the most important part! Allowing the turkey to rest allows it to absorb all of the juices that it produced while cooking. If you slice it right away, they will all just dribble out, resulting in dry turkey meat.
To store leftover turkey breast, store it in an airtight container for 3-5 days. To keep the breast meat moist, reheat it with a few tablespoons of chicken stock and fresh herbed butter.
how long does it take to cook a boneless turkey breast in an air fryer?
It takes about 1 hour for a boneless turkey to cook evenly in an air fryer, let me show you how it’s done.
I start with herb butter to make a juicy turkey breast with crispy skin and plenty of flavors. Melt the butter in a small bowl. Then, stir together the herbs and spices with the melted butter.
Using a paper towel, pat the breast dry. Brush the herb butter mixture over the top and bottom turkey skin. Make sure the turkey is completely coated on both sides.
Place the turkey in the air fryer basket or on a baking tray in the air fryer. Air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes on each side. The outside will turn golden brown, but use a digital thermometer to check for doneness. The internal temperature should be 165°F.
Allow the turkey breast to rest for 5 minutes before carving. One thing to keep in mind when seasoning this turkey breast is that there are numerous flavoring options. You can add garlic powder and, of course, adjust the other seasonings to taste.
A good rule of thumb for serving size is 12 pounds per person. If the turkey breast is bone-in, allow one pound for each person. I usually look for a 3 to 5-pound turkey breast because that is all that will fit in my basket.
Turkey breast goes well with air fryer potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and other side dishes.
Can you cook a frozen turkey breast in an air fryer?
Unfortunately, frozen turkey breast cannot be cooked in the Air Fryer. It needs thawing for almost 24 hours overnight if it’s a 5-pound turkey.
The turkey breast would be very undercooked and dry by the time it thawed and cooked; no one wants that! So keep in mind that a frozen turkey can not be cooked in an air fryer.
Nutrition In Air Fried Turkey Breast
Turkey breast is and can be considered healthy, let’s look at the nutrition facts that this turkey breast serves us.
|Values per serving
What size of air fryer do I need to cook turkey breast in?
Air fryers, like convection ovens, cook by circulating hot air around the food.
To cook a 3-pound turkey breast, such as in this recipe, you’ll need at least a 3-quart AF Unit, preferably a 5-quart option.
When placing your turkey in the basket, make sure everything is as far apart as possible, with nothing touching. This will aid in even cooking as well as browning and crisping the outside!
How to Carve A Turkey breast?
- Allow the cooked breast to rest for at least 15 minutes on a carving board, loosely tented with foil, to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Run a large sharp knife along the side of the breastbone in long even strokes. When using a serrated knife, make a sawing motion.
- Follow the bone to the board’s bottom.
- Bring your knife around to the front and connect the top of the breast bone to where you started carving.
- Reduce the size of the ribs. Follow it around and down to the bottom, where it connects to the first breastbone cut.
- Remove the meat from the bone and slice it. Repeat on the opposite side.
Instruction For Storage
- Refrigerate leftover turkey breast in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Reheat the turkey in the air fryer or the oven at 350°F until heated through. Heat it in the oven with some broth, covered in foil, to make it juicier.
- Cooked turkey meat can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. (Before freezing, remove the meat from the bone.)
- Turkey breast can be cooked in an air fryer without any hassle, you will have to use parchment paper so that whatever seasoning comes off doesn’t stick to the bottom of your air fryer.
- Turkey breast can be seasoned and thawed before going into the air fryer.
- It should cook for about 1 hour, 30 minutes on each side and it will be done as juicy and yummy as ever.
- Frozen turkey shouldn’t be placed in an air fryer before thawing.
- Craving turkey can be slightly difficult but it has been explained above step by step.
- A 3-pound turkey can be placed easily in a 3 or 4-quart air fryer.