At my house, I mostly cook traditional meat meals or potato meals more than any other dish because who can resist juicy flavorful meat with potatoes and carrots?
I have to tell you the first time I decided to cook a roast in the air fryer, I was a little skeptical but it turned out to be a champ and was very easy to cook with little prep time.
Air fryer top round roast is an easy meal for dinner and is often served with vegetables or can also be sliced to make beef sandwiches too.
So, today I am gonna tell you everything that you need to know about air fryer top round roast so that you can make it confidently without any error.
Let’s get started.
How To Make Air Fryer Top Round Roast?
There is not a long list of ingredients for this recipe because when I made this meal, I wanted to make it simple so it only requires five ingredients which are as follows.
- 3-pound Beef Top Round Roast
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup Beef Broth
- 16 ounces Mini Potatoes (Optional)
- 16 ounces Baby Carrots (Optional)
• First prepare the roast by lightly coating it with olive oil, then sprinkle some salt and pepper on both sides to coat it.
• Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
• Now place the roast in an air fryer basket and let it cook for 25-28 minutes at 400° F.
• While the roast is cooking in the air fryer, toss some carrots and potatoes in oil, salt, and pepper and wait until the top roast is done cooking.
• Turn the roast over after the first 28 minutes, baste it with beef broth, and add carrot and potatoes to it. Now let it cook again for another 15-20 minutes at 400° F.
• After 15-20 minutes, the potatoes and carrots should be soft and the internal temperature of the roast must be 145° F.
• Take the roast and vegetables out from the air fryer and let them sit for 5-7 minutes before serving.
To serve for dinner, the roast can be sliced or thinly sliced if you want to make beef roast sandwiches.
The roast would take a little more minutes to cook from the center if you have tied it together. However, the internal temperature must be 145° F.
If the meat cooks first before the carrots and potatoes get softened, then remove the roast to let it sit, and keep cooking the potatoes and carrots until they reach your desired doneness.
You can also check out the following video to know about the air fryer beef roast.
What is the difference between air fry and roast?
There is no major difference between these two except for the starting temperature.
Roasting is cooking meat at higher temperatures. For roasting meat and vegetables, you can use an air fryer or it could be any other thing that can be roasted in the oven.
Some air fryers come with different settings of air fryer and roast but with some brands, there is no difference between these two other than the starting temperature which can be adjusted.
While in some air fryers, the roast setting means that the air fryer fan will operate at a lower level which made a difference in cooking time. But, if you’re in doubt, you can use the air fry setting to roast the beef.
How To Cook Beef Round Roast Without Drying It Out?
Roast beef needs to be cooked at a higher temperature to have a crust on its outside and to prevent it from drying out before it is cooked from the centers.
For that, reduce the temperature of the beef after the first 5 minutes. In this way, the outside of beef sears, and moisture remains inside while cooking.
It is also important to rest the beef after cooking so that the moisture absorbs in it again before you cut it.
Can We Add Seasoning To The Beef Round Roast?
Yes, you can add any seasoning you want to the beef round roast.
But, you better not underestimate the power of salt, as it is considered a hero of the seasoning world. Salt is best for enhancing the flavor of the dish and in this recipe, it completely increases the natural flavor of beef.
But this doesn’t mean you cannot add any different seasoning to the beef. A few options to add are:
Why It Is Said To Let The Air Fryer Beef Round Roast Rest Before Slicing?
It is important to let the air fryer beef roast rest before slicing, and this goes for other larger meat cuts as well.
When meat cooks, the fibers contract and releases their juices. So, if you slice the beef right after cooking, then you’re going to lose all of its wonderful juices.
While on the other hand, when we let the beef rest for a few minutes before slicing, that fiber relaxes and reabsorbs some of its juices again. Now you know the reason for letting the meat rest before cutting it.
What Is The Best Roast Beef To Cook In Air Fryer?
It is recommended to use less fatty beef to roast it in the air fryer, and you better stay away from cuts like chucks that require slow cooking.
The following roast cuts would do the job fairly:
• Bottom Round
• Rump Roast
In summary, I’d conclude
- Air fryer top round roast is a great treat to serve in normal dinners or even in a get-together as it is loaded with flavor even with basic ingredients.
- The beef roast would take a little more minutes to cook from the center if you have tied it together.
- If the roast finishes cooking first then the vegetables, take the roast out and let the vegetables cook again until they are soft.
- Wait for a few minutes before slicing the meat, this lets the fiber of the meat absorbs its juices again and prevents it from drying out.