New Year’s Eve is all about celebrating with your loved ones. The bundle of joy is accompanied by a table full of delightful dishes.
Air fryers add a healthy touch to these recipes. They are extremely yummy, crunchy, and perfect for new years eve!
Here is the list of recipes that you must try!
Functions of An Air Fryer
Air fryers are kitchen equipment that uses air and heat to cook food.
They enable you to create dishes without the need for oil or fat, making them healthier yet still delectable. Despite the moniker “air fryer,” these pieces of equipment do not really fry food.
Instead, air fryers employ a high-speed fan to pump hot air uniformly around the food until it is cooked.
What You Shouldn’t Cook in an Air Fryer?
The following foods shouldn’t be cooked in an air fryer.
- Wet batter
- Anything with sauce
1. Crazy Bread In The Air Fryer
Crazy bread is an inexpensive yet easy recipe! It is served as a side dish or a starter for New Year’s Eve! You can make it with Rhodes bread dough or canned Pillsbury bread. It takes 15 to 20 minutes only.
Let’s have a look at the recipe!
What do we need?
For making crazy bread, we need some basic ingredients such as:
- 10 to 14 ounces of pizza dough
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme and oregano
- 2 teaspoons of melted butter
- 1/8 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
For Dipping Sauce, you need the following ingredients:
- 15 ounces of tomato puree
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt and garlic powder
How to Cook Crazy Bread in an air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to a temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface. Use a cutter to cut it lengthwise. Then, cut 8 strips vertically to yield 16 breadsticks.
- Grease the baking sheet with oil and lay the breadsticks on it.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt unsalted butter in a small bowl and add garlic and salt. Give it a thorough whisk.
- Once the cooking time has been completed, remove the breadsticks from the air fryer and brush them with the garlic and butter mixture.
- Add some parmesan cheese on top to get an extra cheesy flavor!
- Serve with marinara sauce or garlic mayo sauce.
How To Make The Sauce?
Combine tomato puree with salt and pepper in a small pan on medium heat. Reduce the heat when it starts to boil. Stir continuously and simmer for 30 minutes.
You can store it in a refrigerator-safe container for up to 4 weeks. Or freeze it in a bowl with a lid on.
The recipe yields 1.5 cups of marinara sauce.
A single serving of this recipe contains 140 kcal and;
22g of carbohydrates, 4g of protein, 5g of fat, 5g of sugar, and 2g of fiber. While sodium is present in negligible amounts.
2. Air Fried Frozen Onion Rings
Onion rings are one of the most delicious treats on New Year’s Eve. The air fryers produce perfectly crisped and fried onion rings in no time!
You need a bag of frozen onion rings to prepare this delicious meal!
Note: You don’t have to thaw or defrost the rings before starting the procedure.
What is the Best Way to Prepare Frozen Air-Fried Onion Rings?
- Simply remove the onion rings from the freezer and place them in the air fryer’s basket.
- Cook them for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember to keep an eye on them as they can burn easily. Shake or turn the meal halfway through cooking.
- If you’re air-frying them for the first time, observe the exact time when they are fully cooked and turn golden brown, as the cooking time might vary according to the type of air fryer.
- Once an instant-read food thermometer reaches 165°F (74°C), they are thoroughly cooked.
- Take them out and serve them with tomato sauce or chutney!
Follow the instructions given in the video below carefully to avoid burning the onion rings. Any negligence can lead to overcooked or darkened rings with a ruined taste!
3. Air fryer Charcuterie Board
A charcuterie board is an ideal starter for a feast! It is a very simple recipe with minimal effort! A wise choice to impress a large group of people. It includes a variety of cheese-cured meats, crackers, dips, olives, fruit, and nuts.
This fancy appetizer satisfies the hunger for a dazzling meal.
What is a charcuterie board?
The preparation of cured meats, such as prosciutto, bacon, salami, etc., is known as “charcuterie”. Still, nowadays, people most often refer to a delightful meat and cheese board that includes cured meats, a variety of cheeses, crackers, nuts, fruits, and vegetables, as well as dipping sauces.
- 10 grams of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder & dried oregano
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 cups of grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin powder, black pepper, and one teaspoon of salt.
- 3 tablespoons of olives
- 2 cups of your favorite roasted vegetables
- A bag of crackers
- 1 pound of frozen sausage or cured meat
How To Make Air Fryer Charcuterie Board?
Air fry the sausages and vegetables
- Place the sausages or cured meat in an air fryer basket, leaving some space between them. Set the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes. Take them out and let them cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, air fry your favorite vegetables at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Seasoning the vegetables is optional.
Arrange the platter
- First, place the crackers, nuts, dipping sauces, vegetables, and olives. Then arrange the bowls on a broad platter or board in an asymmetrical pattern.
- Arrange the cheese around the bowls in an aesthetically pleasing manner. Leave 1 inch of space around the bowl and the cheese to avoid sticking the cheese to the bottom of the bowl.
- Set the cheese in a circle around the bowls, spacing the pieces apart to maintain an aesthetically pleasing arrangement.
- Then, arrange the sausages or cured meats around the cheese and the bowls, making an outermost layer. You can roll up the meat with your hands to give it an appealing texture.
- Place the roasted bread within the voids you left to enhance the fullness of the platter. Fruit and nuts can be added to fill the remaining gaps.
- Serve it right away!
A charcuterie board serves 8 people well. A single serving yields 343 calories.
4. Spinach Artichoke Dip In The Air Fryer
Spinach and artichoke dip is extremely yummy, simple, and juicy! It is enriched with cheese, has a fresh garlic taste, and has an ideal proportion of artichokes and spinach.
It is a delicious savory food served with crackers, toast, or as part of a charcuterie board. The most attractive thing about it is that it is quick and easy to prepare!
You’ll need the following ingredients to prepare this delicious meal:
- 8 oz of spinach: Frozen spinach cooks quickly. Alternatively, you can add 8 ounces of cooked and drained spinach.
- 1/4 cup of chopped Artichoke hearts
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cups of soured milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of Garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
Directions To Cook:
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, and pepper.
- Mix everything evenly. Then, add the drained spinach and artichokes to the bowl.
- After that, pour the mixture into a 1-quart baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. When bubbles start to form, this indicates that the food is well-cooked.
- Serve hot with toasty baguette slices or crackers.
5. Air Fryer Brownies
Air fryer brownies are an amazing dessert to serve on New Year’s Eve! It is the universal dessert that no one hates! Let’s get to the recipe for air-fried fudgy brownies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- One large egg
Directions for Cooking
- Preheat the air fryer to 330°F (165°C) for five minutes.
- Melt the butter in the microwaves and let it cool to room temperature.
- Take a small bowl and combine all the dry ingredients in it. Combine flour and cocoa powder thoroughly with the egg beater of a hand mixer.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Skip the vegetable oil for now.
- Now, mix the wet and dry ingredients by whisking. Add one tablespoon of vegetable oil, constantly stirring, until the batter becomes thick.
- Place the prepared tray in the preheated air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Check with a toothpick if it’s done or not.
- Allow the brownies to finish cooking and then cool slightly before serving.
- Use a knife or a cutter to cut them into square pieces, then serve them with ice cream or whipped cream.
- An air fryer is a countertop appliance that can cook various dishes. You can make numerous dishes in it to serve on New Year’s Eve.
- I’ve also included the five most practical and creative recipes to serve as a side dish, appetizer, or dessert. They’ll make an amazing New Year’s Eve treat and add to the joy of your celebration.