I remember making mushrooms in the air fryer for the first time, I had to stop myself from eating the whole portion because they were so yummy and juicy.
Making mushrooms in the air fryer is the best way to make them because air fryer mushrooms are juicy and flavorful with crispy edges.
I am sure you would also love them because:
- It takes only 10 minutes to cook them.
- They turn out juicy with great texture
- Delicious and flavorful
- A perfect side dish
To have more clarity, I’m going to tell you an easy recipe for air fryer mushrooms with all the related questions to it so you can air fry mushrooms at any time you want.
Let’s get started
How do you clean Mushrooms?
There is no absolute answer to this question of whether to clean mushrooms or not because if you wash mushrooms, you would end up with soggy parts. They wouldn’t cook crispy.
But, if you still want to wash the mushrooms without making them soggy, wash them and then let them get dry completely with paper towels before putting them in the air fryer.
Or you can just wipe off the dirt from them with a tissue if you don’t have time to wash and dry mushrooms as nowadays, mushrooms come in a packet that hardly has any dirt on them.
Air fryer Mushrooms
- Mushrooms – In this recipe, baby Bella mushrooms are used but you can use white button mushrooms too. There are also other mushrooms as well which can be used such as cremini and portobello mushrooms.
- Olive oil – You can use any neutral oil as it helps and add moisture to the mushrooms.
- Soy sauce- It makes the mushroom tender and flavorful and you can also use Worcestershire sauce as an alternative.
- Seasoning- You can use any seasoning as per your taste. In this recipe salt, black pepper, and garlic powder are used.
- Melted butter – Real melted butter takes the flavor of mushroom to next level, however, you can also use margarine but it wouldn’t give the same aroma.
- Step 1- Wipe off the mushrooms with a kitchen towel to remove dirt as washing mushrooms would make them soggy which you don’t want.
- Step 2– Now, cut the mushrooms in half and if they’re big, cut them into quarters but make sure they all are of similar shape and size then transfer them into a large bowl.
- Step 3- Add salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the mushrooms then toss them well to coat.
- Step 4- Add soy sauce and Olive oil to the mushrooms and toss them again.
- Step 5- Now preheat the air fryer to 360° F.
- Step 6- Put the mushrooms in the preheated air fryer in a single layer and let it cook for 7-10 minutes until they are crispy.
- Step 7- Once they are done, transfer the air-fried mushrooms into a bowl and pour melted butter on them.
- Step 8- Garnish them with fresh parsley and enjoy.
Tips to make the best Air fryer Mushrooms
- Always cut the mushrooms in the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Don’t forget to preheat the air fryer before putting mushrooms in it or add extra cooking time to make them crispy.
- Place the mushrooms in a single layer in the air fryer so that air can flow properly to cook the mushrooms.
- Don’t forget to shake the basket halfway to make sure no mushrooms are left undercooked.
Check out the following video to know how to cook mushrooms in the air fryer.
Nutritional Content of Air fried Mushrooms
How to make Garlic Butter for Mushrooms?
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a small bowl and put it in the microwave for 1 minute to melt it.
- Once the butter is melted, add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic and mix it well into the butter.
- Then drizzle the garlic butter on the mushrooms and serve hot.
What are the best Mushrooms to cook in an Air fryer?
Some of the best mushrooms to cook in an air fryer are
- Oyster mushrooms
- Baby Bella mushrooms
- White button mushrooms
- Portabella mushrooms
- Shitake mushrooms.
Are Air fryer Mushrooms Healthy?
Yes, air fryer’s mushrooms are healthy because they are gluten-free, low-carb, vegetarian, whole30, and Paleo.
It is also important to note that mushrooms are also a source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants by being a low-calorie food.
What can be served with the Air fryer Mushrooms?
As this recipe of air fryer mushrooms has no breading so they would be great on their own as a snack or an appetizer.
They can also make a perfect side line for any dish. Some of the suggestions are:
- You can add air fryer mushrooms in a salad for dinner or lunch.
- You can make mushroom tacos.
- Air fryers mushrooms can be a topping on pasta and noodles.
- You can also make mushroom nachos and top them with cheesy nacho chips.
- They are a perfect side dish for grilled steak, pork, and chicken.
- Air fryer mushrooms can also be stuffed in burgers and sandwiches.
How can you store and reheat Air fryer Mushrooms?
- Leftover mushrooms can be stored in an airtight container for 2 days in the refrigerator but make sure to line the container with paper to soak up any moisture.
- You can reheat the mushrooms in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes or in preheated oven for 1 minute.
- Fresh parsley can be garnished on reheated mushrooms to make them fresh again.
Do I have to cook the mushrooms in oil?
I use either 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil or melted butter to create them.
They are both suitable for this recipe. On a calorie diet, the difference between the two is simply a few calories.
Mushrooms are naturally fat-free and low in calories, but they lose these benefits when cooked in oil. Sauté your mushrooms in broth instead to make healthy mushroom recipes with rich, complex flavors.
Which mushrooms are ideal for air-frying?
I use white button mushrooms, but Portobello mushrooms, brown mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or any other fresh mushrooms can be used.
Air Fryer Fried Mushrooms are also quite versatile, since they may be served as a side dish or as a topping for a luscious Air Fryer Ribeye Steak. I enjoy chopping the entire mushroom and then incorporating it into sauces or pasta.
- Air fryer mushrooms is an easy recipe to make which hardly takes 10-12 minutes to cook.
- It is important to cut mushrooms of the same size and thickness so that they are cooked evenly.
- There is no need to wash the packed mushrooms as they don’t have much dirt on them so it’s better to just clean them with a wipe or kitchen towel.
- If you have washed mushrooms then let them dry completely before putting them in the air fryer or else they would turn out soggy.
- To avoid undercooked mushrooms, make sure to shake the basket halfway through the cooking process.