Monkey bread is a traditional American dessert made of sweet dough stuffed with raisins and cinnamon.
It is traditionally served as a dessert, but it can also be consumed for breakfast or as a snack. The best part about monkey bread is that it is simple to prepare and requires no special ingredients.
So, today I’ll tell you how to make a single-serve version of monkey bread with just flour, sugar, butter, and eggs.
Keep reading if you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert recipe.
How to make Monkey Bread in Air Fryer?
If you want to make Monkey Bread but don’t want to make a large batch, you can do so in your air fryer. You only need a few simple ingredients which are as follows.
- 3 frozen rolls
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Begin by defrosting the rolls by leaving them on the counter for a few hours. After that, cut each roll into four pieces.
• Mix the sugar and ground cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Melt the butter in a small bowl (you can use the microwave for this) and stir in the brown sugar. Make a ball out of the dough.
• Dip the dough balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture, then place in a greased (nonstick cooking spray-sprayed) ramekin. Continue to make the balls by using all the dough. Then drizzle with the melted butter and cinnamon sugar.
• Place in the air fryer for 7 to 10 minutes at 330 °F, air fryer setting.
• Before removing the dough, make sure it is completely cooked. If it is not cooked then let it cook for a few more minutes.
Tips to make the best Monkey Bread
How to know when Monkey Bread is completely cooked?
When making this irresistible treat, go for the perfect golden brown top. Cook until the center springs back onto the touch to ensure that yours comes out perfectly every time and that there are no doughy insides from not being cooked long enough.
Cooking Time: Because each air fryer cooks at a different rate, it’s crucial to check your monkey bread frequently as it cooks. When the monkey bread is fully cooked, remove it from the oven.
You can also check out the following video as a guideline about Air Fryer Monkey Bread.
Icing recipe of Monkey Bread
Nothing else tastes better on monkey bread than simple icing which is made in seconds. Here’s how you can make it.
- ¼ tablespoon of milk
- ⅛ cup of powdered sugar
- Just mix them until they are well combined and pour them over the monkey bread right before serving.
• Add nuts – Before adding the dough, sprinkle chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts) in the bottom of the pan, then invert onto a plate to serve.
• Drizzle it – Drizzle the top of the bread with icing, caramel sauce, or even chocolate sauce.
• Bacon – YES! Bacon! Cook several bacon slices, cool, and crumble. Place the bacon between the dough ball layers.
• Fruity flavor – Add some fruity flavor and texture by layering chopped apples or raisins between the dough layers.
How can you store Monkey Bread?
Serve immediately after air frying for the best results.
If there are any leftovers, allow the monkey bread to cool to room temperature before wrapping it in saran wrap and keep it in an air-tight jar.
You can either reheat immediately before serving or eat at room temperature.
How do you freeze Air Fryer Monkey Bread?
Yes, you can freeze air fryer monkey bread.
Allow your monkey bread to cool completely before storing it in the freezer. It will keep in your freezer for up to 3 months if properly wrapped.
Frozen monkey bread should be thawed overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. Simply place it on your counter, covered, until defrosted.
If you want to reheat the bread, simply place it in a baking dish or baking tray in a low and slow oven at 250° F until heated through. A toaster oven can also be used for this.
Alternatively, microwave individual servings in 30-second increments until heated through. When microwaving bread, use caution because it can become very hot and may not heat evenly.
How do you Air Fry frozen Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread is a popular pull-apart style dough in the United States.
This dish is traditionally made by rolling dough into balls, dipping them in butter and cinnamon sugar, and then placing them in a Bundt pan. The monkey bread can then be baked until golden brown.
If you don’t have time to make this dish from scratch, you can substitute air fryer frozen monkey bread. Simply follow these easy steps.
- Fill the air fryer basket halfway with frozen monkey bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the monkey bread is fully cooked.
Can you make the Air Fryer Monkey Bread in advance?
Yes, this bread can be made ahead of time!
Make the recipe as directed. Roll into balls and place in the prepared pan, then cover with plastic wrap and foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. Continue baking in e air fryer or oven as directed above.
- Air fryer monkey bread is perfect for a holiday or a gooey cozy breakfast that is ready to eat in 10 minutes.
- You can also make the monkey bread ahead of time at your convenience. All you have to do is roll them into balls then wrap and refrigerate them.
- The best monkey bread is when its top has a golden brown color.
- You can insert a toothpick inside the monkey bread to check whether it is fully cooked or not from inside. If the toothpick comes out doughy then add a few more minutes to cooking.
- Monkey bread can be frozen in the freezer for up to 3 months.