Egg rolls are a fancy Asian dish, but they are often considered unhealthy because they are drenched in fried oils, and much more extra calories and proteins make it worse, but this recipe may resolve this conflict.
Egg rolls made in an air fryer with 1 Weight Watchers point are simply the best thing, as they make health and wellness priorities for you without you even worrying.
If you haven’t used your air fryer to cut calories, you are missing out on so much. The air fryer is the best invention for people like us because it uses almost no oil to make food crispy, tender, and warm all at the same time.
The best part? You can double or triple the recipe in an air fryer if someone is visiting you, and then pair it with some cooked rice, chicken or turkey, or even soup, for a delicious lunch or dinner.
The classic egg roll recipe has an earthy taste because of the typical white pepper, but with crunchy skin and tendered meat insides, it makes the combination more worthy.
Trying this may provide you with the taste satisfaction you’ve been looking for without having to worry about the calorie count. Let’s dig into the recipe without wasting a moment.
How To Make Weight Watchers Egg Rolls In An Air Fryer?
- Ground chicken
- Egg roll wrappers
- Cooking oil
- All-purpose seasoning
- Coleslaw mix
- Soy sauce (reduced)
- Ground garlic and ginger
- Green onions (chopped)
- White pepper
- In a small bowl, mix up ginger, garlic, soy sauce, coleslaw, and chicken. Fold until combined well.
- With a point towards you, lay one egg roll wrap and fill up to 2-3 tbsp of the mixture.
- Fold the bottom point over the filling and roll it up once.
- Bring in the right and left corners over the rolled-up part. Brush the top point with a 1:1 ratio of egg and water.
- Repeat the above steps until all rolls are ready.
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 360 Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes; meanwhile, line up the egg rolls in a basket with an inch between them and spray cooking oil.
- Cook the rolls for 7-8 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking. Plate out with dipping sauce when egg rolls are crispy in texture and have a golden-brown color.
How long does it take to cook egg rolls in an air fryer?
The egg rolls take a minimum of 7-8 minutes total cooking time to cook perfectly in the fryer.
All you have to do is prep the rolls firsthand, then line them in an air fryer with a little bit of space between them (so they crisp up).
Then preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a little cooking oil on them, pop the basket back into its place and wait for the timer to be halfway.
Flip the rolls once, when the timer goes off check for the skin to be golden brown and crispy (you can give 1-2 minutes additional if you like more crunchy skin). Serve it with dipping sauce, rice, or more.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer?
A simple and definite answer is yes.
Preheating the fryer ensures that the food remains crisp and tender for an extended period. Preheating might be the choice, but doing so gives you so many pros for cooking, like the first one, it takes much longer to cook food.
Secondly, the food will be cooked unevenly (the skin crisps up while the insides are still raw) and last but not least, the outer skin will be soggy but not crunchy and the golden-brown signature color we all love.
Are air-fried egg rolls good for weight loss?
Egg rolls made in an air fryer are surely the best choice while on a weight loss journey, they are wrapped in dough with the goodness of meat and spices while giving you a juicy yet earthy taste.
They might sound fattening but making them in an air fryer cuts down the oil cholesterol and fat (which is surely not needed in our body). This delicious meal only includes 18g of carbs and 7.5g of proteins with 1 weight watcher point to keep you healthy and fit in your daily life.
Let’s see how you can make these with less to no oil:
What can I use instead of egg roll wrappers?
There’s no doubt that egg roll wrappers taste delicious in their original form, but if you decide to alter the traditional way of making them, then you can switch to other wrappings with the same fillings.
Here are some of the ideas you can try:
- Rice paper
- Lotus leaves
- Shao mao skins (dumpling skins)
Can you air-fry frozen egg rolls?
You can air fry the frozen egg rolls; they are ready in under 10 minutes.
The best part about buying frozen foods is that they are conventional, require less attention, and the prep time is zero. This gives you more than these, too, as you don’t need to thaw the rolls and they don’t even need spraying with oil because it is said that they are packed as pre-fried.
Preheat the fryer to 360°F, then line the frozen rolls in the basket, leaving an inch of space between them. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway, and serve hot.
How do you keep egg rolls crispy?
Egg rolls are an Asian dish, so they are automatically quite tricky to master. They make food with classic crunch and crispiness, just like in these egg rolls.
They may require some detailed tactics to achieve the traditional munch. Here are some of them to keep your egg rolls crunchy:
- Dry the ingredients before filling. After washing and cutting the vegetables, pat them dry and squeeze the extra water from them.
- Refrigerate the fillings for half an hour so the skin doesn’t become soggy when filled up with vegetables and meat.
- Don’t add or spray oil on the store-bought spring egg rolls.
- Refrigerate the leftover egg rolls in an air-tight container and reheat them in an air fryer at 350-360F for 2-3 minutes.
- After air frying, rest the rolls on the rack rather than putting them on the paper towel or tissue paper. The raised rack and a paper towel beneath work best in this matter.
Do you use water or egg wash to seal the egg rolls?
Both ingredients can be used to seal the envelope-shaped edges, but the most efficient one is egg wash. It grips the edges and packs the fillings without tearing the wraps at the end.
To make egg wash sealant, mix the egg and water in equal parts, then brush each of them. Rest the rolls for 5 minutes with baking paper on top so the dough doesn’t dry out, pop them in the air fryer and you’ll have perfectly balanced egg rolls.
What Goes Well with Egg Rolls?
The good thing about Asian cuisine is that they have a variety of foods that can be considered appetizers, main meals, and sometimes side dishes. In this case, the egg rolls are typically served with rice, chow mein, soup, wasabi-infused soy sauce, or guacamole.
But my recommended combinations will make your meal more fulfilling and delicious, so you’ll try them again.
- Homemade hummus
- Creamy air-fried chicken
- Meatballs in curry sauce
- Crab rangoon
Egg rolls give off a heavy look, but in reality, they can be made in healthy ways, and one of them is making them in an air fryer using this recipe. The above recipe helps in maintaining your body weight and figure while fulfilling your petite needs with high satisfaction:
|SERVING SIZE (89g)
Weight watcher egg rolls with a completion of 40% daily value nourish your body with the essential nutrients and vitamins that you might need for daily life, but it will also keep your weight under control and your heart and mind healthier if you’re a gym enthusiast.
- Egg rolls with weight watcher points don’t add up the numbers on your weighing scales.
- You can alter the sauce and fillings like chicken as a substitute for turkey and vice versa. rolls nurture your body with
- Prioritizing your health and wellness in the made-easy with weight watcher recipe and being cooked in an air fryer.
- Air-fried egg rolls have one weight-watcher point.
- Air fryer helps in controlling carbs, cholesterol, and fat by not using any oil and instead using hot air to cook food.