Unpleasant mornings are the sign to make yourself a creamy and fulfilling breakfast with no extra attentiveness. Breakfast bombs or breakfast biscuit bites are one of the breakfast meals to count on. It has a lot of names for it, just as different variants of the breakfast bomb.
These breakfast bombs are made with dough biscuits stuffed with your favorite meat, scrambled eggs, seasonings, and a lot of cheese. They can also be customized according to your preferences and variations.
These biscuit bites have minimal ingredients and are made easily, but to speed up the cooking process, you can use everyone’s beloved appliance—an air fryer. This recipe works so well with an air fryer that there won’t be any room for disappointment.
Air fryers are simple to handle. The meals made in an air fryer are cooked perfectly, with tendered interiors and an outer crunchy texture. An air fryer gives an advantage in health, time, and energy.
These finger-licking pockets are so delicious that you’ll love to endure their flavor to get through any crappy morning. Without any more waiting, let’s dive into the recipe.
Bacon grease is a great substitute for butter. Instead of brushing the stuffed dough with melted butter, try using bacon fat. It will give a savory flavor and a crusty texture to the food. The winning point is that you can freeze bacon grease to use it later.
How to make delicious breakfast bombs in an air fryer?
- Bacon bits
- Scrambled eggs
- Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Crescent roll dough
- Salt and pepper
- Cream cheese (optional)
- Pop open the crescent dough pack and unravel the triangles by guided perforated lines.
- Spread the triangles into the shape of a square or circle.
- Add bacon bits, enough scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and cream cheese (optional). Wrap up the dough in a ball by joining the corners and shaping it.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 Fahrenheit degrees for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, put a lining of parchment paper on the bottom shelf of the basket.
- Carefully place the prepared balls in the basket, leaving a 1 or 2-inch space between each of them and lightly spraying them with cooking oil. Put the back basket in its space.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes, and flip them once midway through cooking until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Your breakfast bombs are ready to be served hot. Enjoy.
at What temperature should You Cook air fryer breakfast bombs?
375 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature for baking your breakfast bombs in an air fryer.
Preheat your air fryer to 375F and place your stuffed biscuit dough, 1 or 2 inches apart, in an air fryer basket lined with parchment paper.
Spray some cooking oil or brush it up with bacon fat before basket placement. Let it cook for 10–12 minutes until golden brown and the edges are crusty.
Exceeding from 400 fahrenehiet will burn your food down without you even realizing it.
Is bacon grease healthier than butter?
Yes, bacon grease is not only delicious, but it surprisingly holds some healthy qualities.
Bacon fat is high in oleic acid, which is said to decrease inflammation and cholesterol levels. Unlike butter, it contains low-calorie carbohydrates, low saturated fats, and a high amount of healthy (mono and poly-saturated) fats just like olive oil.
Can you freeze unbaked breakfast bombs?
Yes, you can freeze up unbaked breakfast pockets.
Prepare the breakfast bombs and let them cool down to room temperature, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once they are frozen, you can stack them up in a ziplock freezer bag to increase their shelf life.
When you are ready to bake some, put in the desired amount and let it thaw first (you can do it by skipping this step). Bake them in an air fryer as instructed, but increase the time by 2-3 minutes for more crusty bombs.
Serve them hot and turn the boring morning into a better day.
How do you cook canned biscuits in the air fryer?
There are some majors to take when making canned dough biscuits in an air fryer. Some of them are:
- Open the package and separate the dough from where it’s perforated only.
- Brush them up after you stuff them.
- Leave some space between them or they will stick to each other ruining the texture.
- Place them in the preheated air fryer at 375 degrees only.
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
Do you have to cook canned dough all at once?
Unfortunately, when taken out of the package, the dough starts to rise until it starts to deteriorate at room temperature as they have processed baking powder in them. To save yourself from getting raw dough blips, keep them in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic and cook them in under two hours.
If you seem to change your mind midway, then separate the raw dough and settle them flat in the freezer. Once they are rock-hard frozen, deposit them in the freezer again but this time in the ziplock.
Here is the idea of them lasting past the expiration date on different sites:
|At room temperature
|In the refrigerator
|In the freezer
How do you make Pillsbury biscuits without burning the bottom?
Making flavor-some breakfast biscuits is an art, and it’s not easy to master. You could have handled everything with care, but if it comes out burnt or ruined, it would break your heart.
Here are some tips you could rely on to prevent this kind of accident:
- Don’t oversteer: Stirring the dough will make your biscuits hard, stir it for 15 minutes or less so that it doesn’t have an uneven texture.
- Bad calibration: Neither preheating the air fryer nor following the temperature guidance will leave you stranded.
- Parchment lined: Place them on a parchment paper lined basket, with cooking oil spray on it.
- No space: If they are put too close to each other, they’ll burn down at the bottom because of not having enough space for high-heat circulation for even cooking.
- Turning them over: When pockets reach a mid-point of cooking time, flip them once so they are cooked to perfection.
Can you use parchment paper in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use parchment paper in an air fryer.
However, it shouldn’t be used daily but occasionally, as instructed in the recipes. It could ruin the food if it is unnecessarily used by potentially blocking the heat from passing through it.
It is also important to use air-fryer parchment paper rather than regular parchment paper. The main difference between them is the perforated holes.
Air-fried parchment papers are designed for air-fryers only. They will have the precut holes on premeasured sheets, perfectly fitting onto the basket and making crispy yet juicy food for every single use with better circulation.
Tip: Place the air-fryer parchmnet paper at the bottom of the basket and not beneath it.
what meat goes well with biscuits (and gravy)?
Stuffed breakfast bombs can be made with bits of bacon, turkey, ham, sausage, links, and even beef, you name it. They go beautifully with this dish and give it a juicy and savory texture.
Breakfast bombs are packed with protein and essential nutrients, but if you want to increase your protein intake, then choose from a variety of meats. You have all the choices to choose from for a peaceful and creamy breakfast or meal.
What can you eat with stuffed biscuits for breakfast?
Stuffed biscuits or breakfast bombs are a delicious meal for a kick-start to the morning, but if you are craving savory food at any time of the day, you can surely pair them up with some of the mentioned foods to turn them into the main dish.
- A fried chicken
- Creamy sausage gravy
- Chicken noodle soup
- Crockpot cube steak
- Hash brown potatoes with softened butter
Are stuffed biscuits and gravy breakfast food?
Stuffed biscuits or simple biscuits served with gravy are the most popular dish in the United States, especially in the southern region. A biscuit is referred to as a quickbread while the thick sausage gravy (made with pork sausage, flour, and milk) is poured over the biscuits for a crunchy and creamy texture.
Stuffed biscuits served with gravy are most popular for brunch or breakfast, but they can be paired up with decent meal combos that you won’t forget for a lifetime.
Breakfast bombs are packed with essential nutrients and proteins and go perfectly with any diet plan. However, it is still important to keep track of what is consumed by you and your body.
Here is the nutritional table of this recipe, put up for your ease:
Per serving of 15 grams of Breakfast bombs also include iron, calcium, and other fibers to keep you healthy and fit day to day without ruining your weight numbers.
Nutritional value can be different according to the brand you have bought.
How Long Does It Take To Breakfast Bomb Getting Cooked?
The precise cooking time will be determined by the brand of your air fryer.
It is better to use a digital food thermometer to check the internal temperature. They are done when the internal temperature of the biscuit dough reaches 165°F.
Because the breakfast bomb filling will be extremely hot, remove it from the Air Fryer and set it aside for 5 minutes before serving.
Pull the sides of the biscuits up and over the top of the filling.
To seal the seams, pinch them together. Then keep working around the breakfast bomb until the whole thing is closed.
Make a point of pinching and sealing the seams. Repeat until all of them are closed and sealed. Then, using a pastry brush, apply an egg wash to the top of the dough.
- The breakfast bombs are perfect to kick-start your day fresh and fulfilled.
- Breakfast bombs are made to perfection with bacon, cheese, seasonings, and scrambled eggs.
- They can be customized according to your preference and taste.
- Making them in an air fryer gives them a flawlessly finished texture and juicy insides.
- Air-frying breakfast bombs preserve the food nutrients thus increasing our immunity and health fitness just by cooking it with the high-heat and not oil.