Are you a person like me who loves the smell of fresh banana bread baking in the oven but doesn’t have that much patience to wait for the dough to rise?
Worry not! Because with an air fryer, this problem is solved as you can have hot and fresh banana bread in minutes!
You know an air fryer is the easiest way to make banana bread as it is quick, easy and doesn’t even require oil, and makes perfect loaves of bread in a few minutes.
Once you try the air fryer banana bread, you would never want to have the store-bought bread again as homemade banana bread is:
- More fresh than the store-bought, and you can feel the difference between freshly made bread in the air fryer and the one you get from the store.
- There are no artificial flavors or preservatives added to the air fryer bread, so you’re all aware of its healthy ingredients.
So, let’s get straight to the recipe for air fryer banana bread.
- Ripen Banana
- Butter unsalted
- Active yeast
- Kosher salt
- All-purpose flour
- Step 1- Combine the sugar, yeast, salt, and 1 cup warm water and knead well with the help of a dough mixer machine. Mix ½ cup of flour at one time, when it’s fully added to the mixture, add more.
- Step 2- Once all the flour is added, knead it well for 8 minutes.
- Step 3- Butter a 6 by 3-inch pan and put it aside.
- Step 4- Shift the dough to the prepared pan and wait until the dough rises and becomes double in size. It takes about an hour.
- Step 5- Then put the dough pan in the air fryer and let it cook for 20 minutes at 380° F.
- Step 6- Keep cooking it until the bread’s internal temperature reaches 200° F and the bread is dark brown.
- Step 7- Let it cool down for 5 minutes in the pan, then take it out.
Here is how you can make the perfect banana bread in the air fryer.
How Long Should Banana Bread Be Kept To Rest After Baking?
It’s very important to let the banana bread cool down as it keeps cooking in the pan for a while even after taking it out from the air fryer, which is necessary to make the bread to perfection.
If I talk about the time it takes to cool down, then it takes approximately 1 hour in a loaf pan to cool down completely. But since you make it in a small version, it would take 35 minutes only.
The reason to allow the bread to cool down is that it slices very cleanly when it is not immediately cut after coming out of the air fryer or oven.
If you try to slice it right away from the air fryer, then it would rip apart, leaving you disappointed. So, just give it a little time to settle to perfection, trust me it would be worth it!
How Do You Know When The Air Fryer Banana Bread Is Done?
To know when the banana bread is done in the air fryer, check by putting a toothpick or knife in the middle of the bread to make sure it comes clean.
However, You can also remove the banana bread from the pan and knock it from the bottom, if you feel it sounds hollow from the inside, then it’s done.
What I do is, I just touch the banana bread middle with my finger. If it bounces back and feels fluffy, then it’s done.
But, if it doesn’t bounce back and stays down, then it needs a few more minutes to cook until I check it again. I make sure my bread doesn’t get dried out or get too browned from the top or bottom because it won’t be tasty to eat.
How Long Does The Air Fryer Banana Bread Last?
Air fryer banana bread doesn’t last for long as it doesn’t have artificial ingredients or preservatives.
So, the air fryer banana bread can only last for 4-5 days. If you want to prevent the bread from spoiling, just slice right at the time of serving and not beforehand.
However, frozen banana bread can last up to 2-3 months.
How Can You Store The Air Fryer Banana Bread?
You can store the air fryer banana bread in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, as it would prevent the bread from drying out.
Another way to store the air fryer banana bread is, to save the old bread bags and put the air fryer bread in them.
It’s important to note that air fryer banana bread should be kept at room temperature and not in the refrigerator because it would stale quickly in the refrigerator.
However, air fryer banana bread can also be frozen in the freezer by placing it in storage bags or airtight containers and mentioning the date of bread you made it.
When you’re ready to use the banana bread again, just thaw in the refrigerator overnight and use it again.
Can We Make Loaf Bread In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can loaf bread in the air fryer, but a mini size because a regular pan doesn’t get fit in the air fryer.
Although, if you own a toaster oven-size air fryer, then you can fit a regular bread pan inside to make the bread loaf.
Can You Make Bread With Other Flour As Well?
Yes, definitely, you can make air fryer bread by using other flours such as:
But, if you make your bread with wheat flour or all wheat flour, it would turn out denser than normal white bread.
Is It Possible To Freeze Air-fryer Banana Bread?
Air-fryer banana bread can be frozen in the same manner that traditionally baked bread can.
Wrap it in foil and freeze it in a sealed freezer bag for up to 4 months for the best effects. In an airtight container or bread box, banana bread will keep for about 4 days at room temperature.
Can You Use An Air Fryer With A Foil Loaf Pan?
Foil loaf pans, as well as any other foil pan that fits in the air fryer, are safe to use.
In fact, any ovenproof dish, whether glass, ceramic, metal, or silicone, can be used in the air fryer. Aluminum foil is also non-toxic, making cleanup a pleasure.
Air fryer bread recipe is fast and easy to cook by which you get homemade freshly baked banana bread without any added preservatives and artificial ingredients.
- Air fryer banana bread requires only a few ingredients like butter, salt, all-purpose flour, and yeast to make it.
- You can check the doneness of the bread by sliding a knife or toothpick in the middle of the bread.
- Air fryer banana bread doesn’t last for many days, as it doesn’t include any preservatives. It lasts only for 4-5 days.
- To prevent the banana bread from spoiling, slice it right at the time of serving.
- It’s important to let the banana bread rest for a while before slicing because it makes the bread perfect to slice.