I am such a massive fan of my air fryer and love to play around with it by trying different meals. At the top of it sits a bacon-wrapped chicken. The whole stuffless chicken thing looks bland, but this recipe will change that perspective.
As they say, everything tastes better with bacon. I don’t know about that, but bacon wrapped around the chicken makes the blended version the juiciest ever and makes the dinner easy and delicious. Not only does the bacon give the taste, but adding a whole lot of spices does wonder.
It gives a delightfully smoky flavor to the chicken and keeps it extra juicy. This dish looks so impressive yet takes a quarter of the time to make and is enough for the whole company that you have invited.
This combination is phenomenal, and the 10-minute dish in an air fryer will give you a guarantee of juicy, tender chicken and crispy bacon. Let’s start with the recipe.
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Chicken?
- Chicken breasts
- Thinly sliced bacon
- Doji mustard
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean, wash and pat dry the chicken breasts properly.
- Then add pepper, kosher salt, and garlic powder to a bowl; rub each side of the chicken breast with the mixed seasoning.
- Wrap pieces of thinly sliced bacon around each chicken breast and try to keep the bacon ends beneath the chicken.
- Mix honey and Doji mustard in a bowl and coat the bacon-wrapped chicken with the sauce for a sweet and sour taste.
- Place the prepared chicken and bacon in an air fryer basket by spraying each piece just a little bit so that they don’t stick to the basket, or you can use the parchment/baking sheet to avoid the mess.
- Air fry it for 15 minutes at 400 Fahrenheit, then lower the temperature to 370 Fahrenheit for an additional 10-15 minutes of cooking time.
- To check if the chicken is prepared flawlessly, put the digital thermometer in it and see if the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Your bacon-wrapped chicken is ready to be served with your preferred sauce or side dishes.
- If you want a sweet-tangling taste, then add a little brown sugar to the dry ingredients.
- Thin or regular-cut bacon is the best to choose for any dish with bacon included.
- Wrap bacon by overlapping them. In this way, when they shrink during cooking, they won’t leave space on the chicken.
Reasons to make bacon-wrapped chicken
The easiest and most scrumptious recipe yet the most beneficial for us, as to why? Here are the reasons:
- It packs a high protein content of 56g in just a serving of 1 bacon-wrapped chicken.
- Natural chicken and bacon are completely gluten-free.
- There are less than 10 carbs in one serving.
- A delicious meal is ready in just half an hour.
Nutritional Value Of bacon-wrapped chicken:
Having a delicious meal can make you regret so much about the diet and exercise you’ve been doing for a long time, but worry not. Chomping on the bacon and wrapped chicken only makes it more worthwhile.
They are both packed with high protein and low carbs. Here is what they both have more of these things:
The calorie count has been made easy, but the golden part is the cholesterol cut because the air fryer doesn’t use a lot of oil to make just a serving of any meal. Protein-packed chicken-wrapped bacon in an air fryer gives you all the reasons to make this meal again and again, whether for dinner or a simple lunch.
It will only make you more healthy and stronger in the body.
What can be served with bacon on the side?
Bacon-wrapped chicken is no doubt the best dish to be made, but to bring out the flavors, here are some of the side dish suggestions you can choose from:
- Baked beans
- Air fryer-baked potatoes
- Roasted carrots or mushrooms
- Mashed pumpkin
- Salad (grilled corn, avocado, and tomato to be specific)
- Mac and cheese
How long do you bake bacon-wrapped chicken breasts?
Baking in the air fryer takes only 25-30 minutes. First, bake it in the preheated oven at 400 Fahrenheit for 15 minutes; then bake it for an additional 10-15 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit until the chicken is no longer pink and the bacon is fully cooked.
Can you cook frozen bacon-wrapped chicken?
Preheat the air fryer to 350 Fahrenheit while removing the package and placing it in the air fryer basket lined with parchment or baking paper. Spray the paper with non-stick oil and then bake it for 50-55 minutes, or one complete hour if it is not thawed.
If the frozen bacon-wrapped chicken is thawed, then bake it for 35 minutes with the same instructions above. Serve the meal if the internal temperature on the meat thermometer is 165 degrees.
Can I cook bacon and chicken at the same time?
Yes, a hundred times.
In the meantime, you can always cook pork chops (also called “the other white meat”) along with the chicken. They go well together and complement the texture while giving the extra juices and extra flavors to each other without neglecting the real flavor.
But to achieve this heavenly combination, it is important to choose regular-cut bacon and not thicker bacon so that the dish is cooked best alongside the chicken breast. The thick bacon pieces will take longer to get fully cooked and also crisp up.
So, it is best to avoid the thicker cuts and only choose the thin or regular-cut bacon strips as advised by the professionals.
Does bacon turn chicken pink?
Yes, it can.
When bacon is cooked with chicken, it turns the chicken slightly pink. It is completely safe and not harmful in any way. Yet, if you are not so sure about the way it looks, then check the internal temperature of the chicken to make sure it is well-cooked.
As the USDA says, if the internal temperature of any chicken part has reached 165 degrees, then it is safe to eat.
You may be wondering why one side of the bacon turns pink. Because these are processed and cured first (such as bacon and ham), you can chomp on them without any worry.
How do you know if bacon is undercooked?
The color of the bacon will indicate if it is fully cooked or undercooked. Raw or undercooked bacon will be slightly pinkish in the meaty areas and cream or white in the fatty areas. It is best to use fresh-cut bacon for every dish because even if you have cooked it well, it could cause illness. After all, it has been rotting in the refrigerator for more than a day.
Uncooked bacon can still have bacteria and parasites that are harmful if eaten. So, as advised by the USDA, always cook the bacon until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit for the safety of you and your loved ones.
How Should Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Be Stored?
Any leftover chicken wrapped in bacon should be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days.
This chicken has a ton of flavor because to the caramelized brown sugar and salty, flavorful bacon. When simple spices are added, the flavor is just too good to pass up.
How Can I Reheat Chicken Wrapped in Bacon From the Air Fryer?
After letting the chicken sit at room temperature for five minutes, reheat it in an air fryer that has been warmed to 370 degrees Fahrenheit for three to five minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
I sincerely hope you like this chicken with bacon as much as my family does. For those hectic weeknights when you’re seeking something hearty and flavorful, this recipe is ideal.
- Anything wrapped in bacon is truly delicious and juiciest but the bland-called chicken in it makes the greatest of the meal. It has spices and a sweet-tangling taste while crispy outside layers.
- They are made in so many ways, but to make it in the air fryer takes only half an hour to put a fully cooked dinner on the table with no mess at all. The air fryer makes life easier and has got our back every single time.
- The sweet glazed bacon-wrapped chicken is truly magic and the bacon elevates the chicken taste more than you think. It won’t be bland in this recipe and would satisfy the cravings of whom you may serve.
- This Low-carb and high-packed protein dish is what you need to make every single time whether it’s for dinner or lunch or any party without worrying about the calories or cholesterol.