Air-fried, thin mints are one of the tastiest treats among Girl Scout cookies. These cookies take a few minutes and a bunch of ingredients to prepare.
It’s a wonderful way to use up leftover mints. They taste like pancakes packed with thin mint leaves. They are extremely yummy and grain-free and give you the classic blend.
I’ll share two air-fried thin mint cookie recipes in this blog: the simpler and the gluten-free versions! They are incredible! Along with that, we’ll have answers to all the queries related to the recipe!
Let’s get to work!
- 1 pack of Thin mint cookies
- Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar
Directions To Cook
- First, prepare the air fryer’s basket by lining it with parchment paper or a baking sheet. Then, preheat to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean your workstation and dust it with all-purpose flour. Carefully separate individual sheets of crescent rolls from the pack on the kitchen counter.
- Widen the dough pool so that it can easily accommodate the cookie. Place the cookie at the wide end of the crescent roll and cover the cookies completely with the dough sheet.
- Repeat the process for all the cookies and all the dough sheets. Place one cookie on each sheet.
- Put these cookies in the preheated air fryer’s basket. Bake at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove them after the cooking time is complete, and they will have crisp edges and a soft center. They’ll harden in a few minutes when cooled.
- Lastly, sprinkle powdered sugar over the air-fried thin mint cookies or coat them with peanut butter. You’ll have to freeze peanut butter thin mints for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy them with your favorite hot beverage!
- You can use the non-sticking spray in place of parchment paper for preparing the air fryer’s basket. Parchment paper allows for proper airflow and easy cleanup, making it a better option.
- Although crescent rolls are perfect for this recipe, you should always make the dough from scratch by following the procedure provided in the gluten-free Thin Mints recipe given below.
- Let the cookies cool at room temperature for 5 minutes before consumption. It’ll harden them a little and give you perfectly crispy edges.
- Do not hasten the air-frying process or overbake the cookies. It’ll ruin their taste and texture.
- Remember that the cookies are soft initially; they’ll harden up on their own, so 5 to 7 minutes are enough to bake them in the air fryer.
Check out this video below to learn more about air-fried cookies:
How To Bake Gluten-Free Thin Mints In The Air Fryer?
These keto-friendly and gluten-free thin mints will satisfy your cravings for chocolate cookies. Honor the Scout!
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated sweetener (like Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp of mint Extract
For chocolate coating
- 5 ounces of low-carb chocolate (melted)
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
Directions for Cooking
- Set the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and line it with a baking sheet, parchment paper, or a silicone liner.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk it well to blend all the ingredients. You can use your hands to knead the dough by adding butter and mint extract.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 25 to 30 minutes. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/8 and 1/4 on parchment paper or a non-stick baking surface.
- Bake for 10 minutes before checking for doneness.
Melt the chocolate in a small microwave-resistant bowl. Heat it for 30 seconds until it melts. You can heat a pan at medium heat. Add mint extract to the pan with constant stirring. Coat each cookie with the chocolate mixture.
Then, refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes. You can consume them all if you want. Store the leftover in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Different ways to Make Thin Mint Cookies
There are a lot of techniques to create a better thin mint cookie. You’ll have to refrigerate the cookies to ensure they stick properly. Later on, you can serve them in a variety of ways, such as:
Splash the thin-mint cookies with salt and pepper or olive oil. Then Saute them at medium heat. It’s another method to convert simple thin-mint cookies into savory bite-sized morsels. It’ll take a few minutes to prepare these hot cookie bites.
- A zigzag cut
Place them in zigzags or circles after cutting the biscuits in half. It’ll make them aesthetically pleasing. This is one of the finest ways to serve thin mint cookies.
This technique requires a lot of stirring to achieve maximum results. You need to simmer the cookies in chocolate coating or caramel syrup. The soft outer layer covers the gooey interior of the cookies.
- Inside an air fryer
Pop a sleeve of thin mints into your air fryer at 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Reheating them in the air fryers gives you the same crispy and crunchy outside and hot and melty interior experience.
- The French press
The French press method was created in 1929 to enhance the flavor and texture of several ingredients. Grind the thin-mint cookies, add water and let the French press give you the best-flavored mint cookies.
It gives you a blend of all the ingredients in concentrated flavors.
- Korean grilled thin mint cookies
Korean BBQ lovers are fond of anything that has a charcoal grill taste. Similarly, thin mint cookies are blended in charcoal smoke to give a smokey grilled flavor to the cookies.
What are thin mint cookies?
Thin mint cookies are the most popular Girl Scout cookies that gained popularity in 2013. It included Samoas and Caramel delights too.
Tagalong cookies are also on the list. In 2013, 38 million boxes of Samosas while 50 million boxes of thin mints were sold. Most people preferred them with a chocolate coating.
Are Thin Mints vegan cookies?
Thin Mints are vegan.
They have different names depending on their manufacturers. Similar variations of these cookies that largely have the same appearance and flavor are not vegan. However, the original Girl Scout thin-mint cookies are vegan!
Can cookie paper be used in an air fryer?
You can always use standard parchment paper or cookie sheets in an air fryer.
The parchment paper liners serve a real purpose. They make cleanup easy and are recommended for smaller foods such as cookies, as they can easily grate through the holes of the air fryer basket.
Can you refrigerate thin mint cookies?
It’s a matter of taste. Most people like eating thin-mint cookies cold. They’ll taste fresh if you store them in the freezer or refrigerator.
They’ll last for one to two months in the freezer or two weeks in the refrigerator.
What makes thin mint cookies so special?
Four thin mint cookies have only 160 calories and 7 grams of fat. It’s the healthiest option among various cookies.
On the other hand, Samoa cookies contain the same number of calories and fat in just two cookies. These are special cookies containing peppermint essence! It makes them unique and special, unlike other ordinary cookies.
I want to conclude with:
- It only takes a few minutes to prepare incredible cookies.
- Make a small batch of cookies at once to have a crispy and tasty texture! Don’t forget to line the air fryer basket with parchment paper before placing the cookies.
- Thin-mint and Tagalog cookies are readily air-fried using crescent rolls. You can only make the dough from scratch if you have plenty of time.
- Add your preferred flavor to the dough for an incredible flavor!